Phantis Forums

Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.

ausgreek

Last time I heard there weren't many tickets left in the Greek active section but what worries me is many with tickets there not wanting to chant or not knowing any chant.

It's not like the chants are that hard. Shouldn't take more than listening to them once or twice before the willing become participants. And everyone likes following the crowd; just make sure you're chanting and the rest should follow.

• Like it 1

I was walking with the tray full of kafethes I the kafenio, and my thio Markario told me he will go to the Sydney match and will be chanting so we can follow him. You know, se gnoriso apo ti kopsi tou spathiou etc...

I didn't serve the kourabiethes so I can take them home later when no-one is watching.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

Btw I am surprised that only Manolas was excluded. The possibility was that many more of our European players were not going to come. We may yet see others drop out due to "injury".

He's very much in Skibbe's plans. This is all about him resting and not making the long flight. He's got a 5 month old daughter and doesn't want to be away from his family.

Its not over estimating the Socceroos far from it but this NT we currently have isn't in great shape and needs massive work, the Socceroos actually play each game with heart and passion and they have a decent side which is coming along very well, something we cant say about our boys and if they come here with the same attitude as last time (at bouzoukia til 5am on game day) then I don't get hoe you guys see Greece doing much.....

You're not wrong about how Australia approaches each match and Postecoglou deserves most of the credit for this but they haven't played decent teams.

Aside from South Korea in last years Asian Cup, who have they played of any quality??

Yes Greece is a rabble but they can handle Australia.

That's my point exactly OH are they coming here for a holiday or to actually play football?

Akritis its not the quality of who they play its the quality of what they are doing when they play regardless of the opposition, yes they have played some weak teams BUT you play to what's in front of you. In 2014 they played some big teams in Holland Spain and Chile and weren't embarrassed

Akritis did we play the World Champs last year in a friendly and draw 2-2 to them?

That's my point exactly OH are they coming here for a holiday or to actually play football?

Akritis its not the quality of who they play its the quality of what they are doing when they play regardless of the opposition, yes they have played some weak teams BUT you play to what's in front of you. In 2014 they played some big teams in Holland Spain and Chile and weren't embarrassed

Akritis did we play the World Champs last year in a friendly and draw 2-2 to them?

I agree that some of these inclusions are beyond farcical. Vydra and Moras are finished. Tziolis has had way too many opportunities and has proven to come up short every time.

So I'd like to not see them together but if the other players selected and firm a semblance of a decent team they can subdue an aggressive yet clueless Australia.

I'm not worried.

YOU CANT BRO. YOU CANT JUST COMPARE the GREEK DEFENSE WITH THE ONE OF TAJIKISTAN AND PAKISTANS AND THE TEAMS SOCCEROOS PLAY IN ASIA. GIANNOU COULDNT SCORE 4 AGAINST Kalloni who got demoted. Anything UEFA related is at least 10 levels higher than AFC low tier teams. even the Greek B division.

No wonder that the best teams of Asia managed in WC 2014 to just get disqualified from the first round.

• Like it 1

I agree that Tziolis should not be in the NT but say what you will, at least he's a professional (a rare commodity for Greek footballers) and he's not a kolo paido. I'd be more worried about the fact that the professional bench warmer, Fetfatzidis has been selected. He must have really done well in the Saudi league. He might even do a tricky dribble and people will say, see I told you the "kid" has got talent.

Edited by Bananas