Phantis Forums

Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.

ausgreek

without manolas idk wtf is skibbe doing. whole friendlies long he hasnt used our main Defending duo once. i mean he saw how we lost versus iceland.

He should have gotten him and given him extra 2 tickets for the kid and his wife. vacation in australia would probably suck but you wont care if you are 5 months old.

Any reason why Petsos hasn't been selected ?

Probably same reason why Manolas isnt. He got a move to a big club (Werder - although they fcked up this year) and he might want to be there in preseason to not lose his spot. I think Skibbe saw that Petsos is our only midfielder in form this year. Taxi - Samaris didnt work maybe Samaris- Petsos does.

Samaris & Petsos seem to work really well together.

Was really really impressed with Petsos in the friendlies. Great outside box power shots, he plays to his strengths, seems very consistent.

• Like it 1

Probably same reason why Manolas isnt. He got a move to a big club (Werder - although they fcked up this year) and he might want to be there in preseason to not lose his spot. I think Skibbe saw that Petsos is our only midfielder in form this year. Taxi - Samaris didnt work maybe Samaris- Petsos does.

I read that Manolas has his wedding scheduled during those games, so that's why he's not being called up.

Manolas had asked to be excluded so that's fine. The concern is that Sokratis and the better regulars miss the tour based on "injury".

Australian Federation has stipulated that Greece send their best players so EPO will have to play the koroido and say theres's a spate of injuries to Samaris, Mitroglou, Sokratis etc.

We will likely see Moras partner Oikonomou with Vydra on the right and Tzavellas on the left. Tziolis walking in the middle with Papazoglou up top.

Even then I still see this being close.

The fact is doing his job and not a kolo paido should not be a measuring stick. That serves little when you play as he does. At least Fetfa (who is not a kolo paidi) will be able to beat a player or 3 and create a scoring chance or score - on the field - big difference and that is what should matter

Tziolis job is not to create chances but to be a link in the middle.  Usually a thankless role unless you have the visual appeal of a Pirlo to give the role some oomph.  Having said that, Tziolis range of passing is not good enough and his mobility is not good enough.  Ideally you should be good in both, or at the very least excel in one to make up for the other.

As for Fetfa, he is exactly the sort of player I hated playing with.  Unpredictable, unreliable.  Will he play today ?  Is he on his rags ?  Will he cover the space and mark his man ?  Or will he do one dribble and then think he's the business.  Playing with Tziolis is like playing with 10.5 players.  With Fetfa it can be 10 or 12.  But mostly, it's 10.  That's why the kid is kicking it with the camels.

• Like it 1

9 changes for England match is huge, I thought they'd stand a chance against England with the usual squad but not confident with the A League players, they've been out of action (well some have been) while EPL players will finish this week. Glad he called up Mauk from Adelaide United, he had a top season.

Spot on Amorgos.

We all know Greece has been horrible and disjointed for some time. I personally don't care who plays as long as they put in an effort.

Obviously I don't want to see Vyntra or Moras play as this is short sighted but a hungry Vellios, Bakasetas and Tachtsidis is better than a Mitroglou who looks disinterested.

I really like the picks overall. My guess is Gianniotas & Fetfa called so we can experiment with having two good LW & RW.

If the Aussie's are gunna start Giannou playing in China, might as well play Fetfa playing in Arabia. Fetfa should be playing in the Portugese or French league IMO. He'd be a key player for a team there. In Italy he tends to get drowned out in the noise. England, Spain, Germany would be even worse.