Phantis Forums

Galatasaray - Panathinaikos

cyberfish

Our second tough game in one week comes this Thursday in Istanbul.

A win would give us first place in the group, a draw will lock qualification, and with a loss we will need a draw or a win in the last game against Dinamo in Athens to qualify as second.

In either case we are in good shape, but a good result and appearance would heal some of our scratches from last Sunday.

Leto, Salpigidis are out with injuries, and Seitaridis can't play in europe until next round. It looks like Marinos is back from his injury and I am curious to see if he is chosen for the RB position over Gabriel.

UEFA has a mini interview with Cisse on the occasion http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/n...sid=926839.html and a match report: http://www.uefa.com/competitions/uefacup/f...0869/index.html

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't see anything other than a Galatasary win. We need an Otto Rehaggel inspired performance to get anything. Keep it 0-0 for as long as possible and try and hit them on the counter or nick a goal with a set piece. They aren't great at the back so getting a goal is possible, we need to defend like mad though.

I don't care all that much about the win. I just want to see us play much better than we did against Atletico and Galata at OAKA. I know some refuse to see it but in every truly tough match so far (this season) we simply chose not to show up and let the opposition cruise to victory. I want a good perfomance worthy of a big club like PAO. Against ManU away a few years back we conceded 3 but played our hearts out and gave the Brits a scare. Time to show up for a big game at last. Needless to say I 'm always hopeful because this is PAO in a European competition. But I 'm not confident of a decent show like I used to.

I too am weary of Darlas. He has done well so far but the one time Ardan bypassed him we got into a lot of trouble.

Vintra can hold his side defensively but our left side seems porous so far.

Dinamo is losing at home to Sturm. If they don't win we are through no matter even if we lose.

Archived