Phantis Forums

Sacking of Temuri Ketsbaia

Cerigo

This just in:

"Olympiacos have parted company with head coach Temuri Ketsbaia by mutual agreement. Božidar Bandović will take over as caretaker coach, with Andreas Niniadis as his assistant."

They're got to be kidding. 2 games into the Greek Super League season and their coach is gone!! This must be some kind of record. And on the eve of a Champions League game!!

I'm sorry. But know I understand why Olympaikos is referred to as the "p..t..a" of Europe.

Kokkalis and Moralis and the rest of the OSFP regime need to go.Olympiakos is not a small cafe that you can experiment with flavors and see what the future might bring.Kokkalis sacked Ketsbaia because of the 0-0 with Kavala???Because like him or not the team has still not lost a game and actually we have 4 CL wins and 1 win and 1 draw in greece were nobody was able to score one us....

2 days before the CL group stage opener and with not a ready back up solution to take control???One day after Kokkalis talked to the organized fan clubs????

Olympiakos is not Annagenisi Farsalon and Kokkalis is NOT what Olympiakos needs right now.He does not have the same dream like most normal Olympiakos fans.

Many sports websites today have pretty much the same questions that i have about the last 4 months.Kokkalis did not keep Valverde that almost everybody liked,he got Ketsbaia that only he liked,he did not get the players that Ketsbaia asked of him,Kokkalis also did not give 3 mil to keep Leto or even find someone to replace him and now the player is making MVP games for Pao and now he sacks his own pet coach????That makes sence to who???

Unbeliavable BS........

PS.Cerico thanks for starting the topic but keep the p..t..a comments to yourself.

plain idiotic. Stupidest timing possible, to do this ONE DAY before the match, that is arguably their absolute biggest must win of this CL stage. To put Zoran Bubutovic in, and the team to lose their coach before the game.....How is that going to be helpful? It won't, even if OSFP somehow pulls of that win, which just got less likely.

ONE "bad" result in an entire season you sack the coach?

It was a 0-0 draw. The only difference from last year's games like this is Olympiakos did not receive the "bailout" from the referees. I'm quite honest about that.

You guys were awful last year, simply better than AEK and PAO had no consistency or defense.

Valverde was one of the stupidest coaches to ever win a double in Greece. Diego is getting fat and don't produce, OSFP never really played impressive ball to begin with and your firing over a result with Kavala.

Bear in mind you'd be at 3 points had you not been offside on that goal. Small difference. And its not like 2-0 win in AEL is a bad result at all.

Also, BEFORE the Alkmaar Game??? STUPID. You don't do that before a CL game. Ketbsaia has more European expeirence and CL exp than quite a few of OSFPs players. The guy was doing just fine and he was fired over ONE TIE. A bit dramatic don't you think, because the TRUTH is OSFP NEVER played that good in recent years to begin with.

Somehow theyre acting as if Valverde was a great coach....right. He was the #1 idiot, but had enough talent and weak opposition and some nice gifts fall out of the sky to make it look like he was actually good.

I mean seriously had PAO not been so atrocious to drop 7 points in ridiculous losses to ergotelis and iraklis, the league would have been quite tough, not to mention OSFP despite enteratining was awful in the Cup Final, and was horrible in the PAO derbies, lets be honest that year with our misery we were the better team on the pitch in OAKA/Karaiskaki even with 10 men.

Had to be done and thank god it happened before our cl match.

:LOL: :LOL:

Typical Olympiakos fan. I notice you didn't respond to my last post in the Kavala post. Otan fate eftares apo to Arsenal na doume an ta valete me ton Ketsbaia! :LOL:

In competitive games Ketsbaia had yet to concede a goal, despite having the weakest squad you've had in years. This was a stupid and it's the beginning of the end of your domination. Not even the referees can save your title bid now :LOL:

Over the summer, I called this happening before December... I just didnt think this would happen so soon... Worste part is that this just makes the quality of the game worse in greece and in Europe.

None of the coaches in Greece ever get a chance... Sir Alex wouldnt even make a full season in greece!!!

Nikopolidis said it was a bad move. For once I agree with the guy.

It was a pretty stupid, hasty decision that OSFP will pay for.

It's like saying that OSFP was not like this last year, which would be a plain lie. The difference was OSFP had these games the last two years, simply did NOT get the get out of jail free card is the only difference.

Weathter the Bailout was from a favouring refereeing, opponent accident - WHATEVER does not matter, only mattered that they HAPPENED consistently and thats why it appears on the surface that they were not so bad.

When OSFP wins last minute penalty they forget all about that OSFP was awful, and they praise thrylara for wining yet again through a phantom penalty, which they try to justify even when the cause is hopeless, and the other team was denied big penalty opportunities to take 3 of their own....

It's like saying that OSFP was not like this last year, which would be a plain lie. The difference was OSFP had these games the last two years, simply did NOT get the get out of jail free card is the only difference.

They were much better last year. They had a much better squad though.

No, they werent that much better. They were awful last year too.

The sacking was nonsenese, OSFP won their games except for one, where it could have just as easily happened to the team last year which was not special, and it even DID - only last year they got a little help, or luck, or whatever you want to call it. The point is it was there, and sunday it wasnt.

Anyways, I hope OSFP gets Valverde back. He was a big dumb idiot that the stupid fans somehow think he was a success factor in last year's season, when he really wasnt. Weaker opposition, good players and a drama of a PAO got the title for them and as always a bit of luck. Not Valverde.

Valverde was terrible, I admit. Ketsbaia deserved more than 2 matches as a chance. I'm as ashamed as any fellow Olympiakos fan over that draw, but come on, this isn't how you pay the price

I agree that the sacking of the coach, at this moment (just before CL match) is wrong. The new coach hasn't time to do much at all.

However, the main reason Kokkalis relieved TK, was not only that tie with Kavala, but mainly that TK lost control of the team behind the scenes. He apparently was swearing at them during proponisi in Russian and Dudu, who played in Russia, heard that and was very upset... No need for a Coach to swear at any player for no reason. There is also blame that the team isn't properly fit as well... I also had heard that he didn't do much in tactical preparations and he really only liked to play 4-5-1 system. I believe the only reason he played 4-4-2 with Kavala was he felt pressured by Kokkalis and fans to play more offensively.

Anyway, the team is in a mess. Without Galleti (injured may miss Paok & AEK games) now as well, I really can't see the team manage more than a draw in their CL game. I hope I'm wrong and they win AZ Alkmaar...

Interesting link to the 10 "sins of TK" (In Greek) below:

http://redplanet.gr/html/ent/139/ent.258139.asp

I'm as ashamed as any fellow Olympiakos fan over that draw, but come on, this isn't how you pay the price

Shouldnt be ashamed... the smaller teams are getting MUCH better. The middle of the table teams are getting stronger. The big 3 will start losing points to these teams more often... and this is a GOOD thing. It does not mean that the big 3 are getting weaker, but that smaller teams are getting stronger. This is good for Greece. Better competition means our teams get stronger and will be able to compete in Europe better (TBH a main reason why I believe that OLY was never truely successful in Europe)....

I'm now starting to lose respect for this organization.

Do they not do their research when they hire people?

Furthermore, who is the flavour of the week for Kokallis?

Instead of hiring the best name for the fans, do some research and hire someone that is not only looking for results, but someone that is looking at building a dynasty.

Olympiakos should have had Kristian Karambe as director when they had the chance.

great appointment in deed! the only Fenerbahce coach I liked and respected at the same time yet. also knows how to work with depleted squads, which is the case here at OSFP.

Hmm really?

He cost Japan victory in the match at the 2006 WC against Australia when Japan was 1 goal up and needed the 2nd to get on top he made defensive changes and allowed Australia to score 3 late goals and that always struck me as a tactical blunder on his part.

He is definitely a massive football name, but I always felt that as a manager he made a great player.

I remain optimistic and hope it works out.

Welcome Zico! kali epitixia sto limani!

Archived