Jump to content
Phantis Forums
Argy

2018-2019 UEFA Nations League C

Recommended Posts

Greece is in the third division of the 2018-2019 edition. Matches will be played between 6 September 2018 and 20 November 2018, followed by a subsequent League C playoff between group winners that will award one ticket to EURO 2020. 

Greece are in the second of 4 pots for the group draw that will take place on 24 January, 2018. 

Pot 1: Hungary, Romania, Scotland, Slovenia

Pot 2: Greece, Serbia, Albania, Norway

Pot 3: Montenegro, Israel, Bulgaria, Finland

Pot 4: Cyprus, Estonia, Lithuania

Edited by Argy
  • Like it 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more i look at the pot we are in for this tournament the more depressed i get as I can't believe how low our team has sunk. Just look at the caliber of teams that we are grouped with ffs.. Horrible..

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/12/2017 at 6:00 PM, J1078 said:

The more i look at the pot we are in for this tournament the more depressed i get as I can't believe how low our team has sunk. Just look at the caliber of teams that we are grouped with ffs.. Horrible..

I agree, how have we managed to go below Hungary, Romania, Slovenia, and worst of all Scotland?

Watching the WorldCup draw was so depressing seeing what could and should have been. There are a few cream puff groups and we could have been in the ko round, but the coach and team screwed up the vital 1st leg vs Croatia. One would think we should qualify for the next Euros but I am very nervous about it.

  • Like it 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/12/2017 at 1:00 AM, J1078 said:

The more i look at the pot we are in for this tournament the more depressed i get as I can't believe how low our team has sunk. Just look at the caliber of teams that we are grouped with ffs.. Horrible..

On the bright side that gives us a far better chance to qualify for the euros..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how many teams from league c can qualify for the final tourny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The winner of the whole thing. The team that will collect the most points in the group stage will host both the one legged semi final and the final game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2017 at 2:08 AM, georgelaz said:

how many teams from league c can qualify for the final tourny?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

doable but tough. what about leagues A and B?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oooo it's in addition to regular qualifying.

thought it was to replace regular qualifying. 

I can live with that lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends how you look at it.  Is it a good thing? I don't think so. We have to finish 1st in a group of 3. Then we have to play the other 3 group winners for 1 spot in group C. Some might say easy way to go. 

But now in the regular qualifiers only the top 2 in each group go. 10 groups =20 teams.  If we didn't have this nations league than the 8 best 3rd place would go into playoffs for last 4 teams. 

Greece has slipped in the rankings big time. Meaning we could get a group of death in qualifiers. 3rd place would sure come in handy in a situation like that. 

I'm not in favour of this nations league. It's going to screw us. 

Edited by Torontoblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Torontoblue said:

Depends how you look at it.  Is it a good thing? I don't think so. We have to finish 1st in a group of 3. Then we have to play the other 3 group winners for 1 spot in group C. Some might say easy way to go. 

But now in the regular qualifiers only the top 2 in each group go. 10 groups =20 teams.  If we didn't have this nations league than the 8 best 3rd place would go into playoffs for last 4 teams. 

Greece has slipped in the rankings big time. Meaning we could get a group of death in qualifiers. 3rd place would sure come in handy in a situation like that. 

I'm not in favour of this nations league. It's going to screw us. 

I agree with you completely.. I think losing third spot in the Euro qualifiers is probably going to F....k us.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2018 at 9:59 AM, Torontoblue said:

Depends how you look at it.  Is it a good thing? I don't think so. We have to finish 1st in a group of 3. Then we have to play the other 3 group winners for 1 spot in group C. Some might say easy way to go. 

But now in the regular qualifiers only the top 2 in each group go. 10 groups =20 teams.  If we didn't have this nations league than the 8 best 3rd place would go into playoffs for last 4 teams. 

Greece has slipped in the rankings big time. Meaning we could get a group of death in qualifiers. 3rd place would sure come in handy in a situation like that. 

I'm not in favour of this nations league. It's going to screw us. 

You are right I would have probably preferred this in order to qualify. What Nations League gives us is more meaningful competitive games to look forward to, so I will take it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/01/2018 at 10:11 AM, J1078 said:

I agree with you completely.. I think losing third spot in the Euro qualifiers is probably going to F....k us.. 

Losing out on a 3rd spot possibility to get in to the Euros is huge especially if we are drawn into a difficult group based on our low ranking. Skibbe better be better prepared this time around we can't afford any poor performances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The drawing for the first edition of the UEFA Nations League will be on Wed., January 24. 

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very favorable group:

Finland , Estonia, Hungary, Greece

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Risto234 said:

Can't wait to see you playing again on frozen pitch .... 

Don't know the order of the games yet. Are they appointed by UEFA or are the based on the order of the draw?

Anyway, games are to be played in September, October and November 2018.

MD 1: 6-9 September 2018
MD 2: 9-11 September 2018
MD 3: 11-13 October2018
MD 4: 14-16 October 2018
MD 5: 15-17 November 2018
MD 6: 18-20 November 2018
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Don't know the order of the games yet. Are they appointed by UEFA or are the based on the order of the draw?

Anyway, games are to be played in September, October and November 2018.

MD 1: 6-9 September 2018
MD 2: 9-11 September 2018
MD 3: 11-13 October2018
MD 4: 14-16 October 2018
MD 5: 15-17 November 2018
MD 6: 18-20 November 2018

Quote

If you look the dates then i guess it's pretty obvious whether you have to travel to Estonia/Finland in september or in october-november.

Also you are playing us only thanks to that stupid winter venue rule which saw Norway moving somewhere else

 

 

Edited by Risto234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got a great draw, looks like Estonia might be the toughest side with Hungary on the decline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can’t come out on top of this group then we have NO CHANCE in hell of finishing 2nd at the euro campaign as we will have much better teams. Very favourable group and we better have our s%$#! together as we should dominate this group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have to finish 1st in this group anything less and there would be questions asked. We should get promoted to League B and qualify for the Euros in 2020.

Pame Elladara!!

  • Like it 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

We got a great draw, looks like Estonia might be the toughest side with Hungary on the decline. 

Then you will be starting with the hardest awaygame on saturday 8 september

Edited by Risto234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×