Phantis Forums

Suggested Call Ups, Starting 11

On 4/2/2018 at 10:41 PM, Alphonse said:

Fetfa’s stats in mins played and goals scored is better than most of the current NT players 

He should get game time over Lazaros, Fetfa has provided exiting football in SA, still deserves a game during the friendlies.

Our team will only grow if learn to become less dependent on the ageing likes of Tzolis and one-dimensional players like Tachstidis.

On 4/4/2018 at 11:29 AM, Dean97 said:

Hopefully. Marinakis has told almost all the Olympiakos players to leave and that Olympiakos will be playing some of the u20s from the academy. Fortounis will most likely leave next season aswell as a few others. This is a good chance for Androutsos to play a full 90 game as he needs it. 

Fourtounis has been stuck in the Greek league for a few seasons now. It would be good for him to test himself in a more prominent european league where he can get exposed to a different style of football. 

He has talent, just needs to find consistency in his game. 

4 hours ago, MelbourneGreek said:

Fourtounis has been stuck in the Greek league for a few seasons now. It would be good for him to test himself in a more prominent european league where he can get exposed to a different style of football. 

He has talent, just needs to find consistency in his game. 

Yeah I agree I think he should have left before the start of this season. He is 25 and needs to be playing in a better league to improve. His attitude lately doesn't help. 

35 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

The thing is that Fourtounis did play abroad, in Germany, but didn't impress. He regressed and rediscovered his form back at OLY.

He was 18 man. And he had 3 seasons with 70 games with Kaiserlautern both in 1st and 2nd bundes.

EDIT: As for his attitude I am actually on his favor. He is regarded as probably the best offensive Greek player right now and easily the best 10 in the Greek League, and Olympiakos instead of building around him just keeps selling and selling becoming a smaller club season by season, also refusing to sell Fortounis becuase he is their captain. I would stop being interested as well seeing that my ambitions do not combine with Olympiakos.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

18 hours ago, Boxou said:

he has a 6 mil buy out clause which will be lower in case hamburg gets relegated. although the player said his priority is to keep playing abroad.

Going to PAOK at 26 would be an epic fail for him. 

19 hours ago, MelbourneGreek said:

He should get game time over Lazaros, Fetfa has provided exiting football in SA, still deserves a game during the friendlies.

Our team will only grow if learn to become less dependent on the ageing likes of Tzolis and one-dimensional players like Tachstidis.

Over Lazaros?? Lazaros has been ripping it up in Greece & Europe. He should be getting game time over Bakasetas if anything but I completely agree with your second statement, let’s get some speed and agility in the team, enough with the old & failed 

• Like it 1

Karelis Mitroglou

Holebas        Fortounis/donis        Fetfa/Pelkas

Tachtsi Zeca

Sokratis Manolas Kpaps

Karnezis

3-2-3-2

something like this would be good for qualifying campaigns. If we we win all the games against the minnows and not concede points to likes of estonia etc. then play defensively against big teams might be a nice formula.

although tachtsi had bad friendlies I think on the left with a dynamic winger like holebas spraying passes on the left lane would be dangerous. Zeca can compensate for the whole that fetfa leaves.

Edited by georgelaz

If we had Holebas and Fetfatzidis we would be way stronger than what we are. Holebas has become a very solid left back that can cover the whole left flank. Fetfatzidis has been tearing it up in the Saudi League. I believe he should come back to the Greek League. If players like Witsel and Carrasco one of the best players in the Belgium team can still get call ups even though they play in China then is we no reason why Fetfatzidis can't get a call up. We are not stacked up in the wide positions. Pelkas, Donis and Christodoulopoulos are the only ones that can play on the wing. Gianniotas as well. 

• Like it 2

siovas in the team is fine but I'm not sure on his stance as an integral part of the backline. 

seems like coaches like to add their own unique touch come hell high water.

Santos with Holebas/Katsouranis

Skibbe with Tzavellas/Donis

Rehhagel with Charisteas

Alefantos would want Siovas and Holebas and he doesn't rate Staf. Staf definitely needs to be on the squad though.

I believe we are stacked at Left back anyway. With Lykogiannis and Koutris improving and Tsimikas playing well and also with Stafylidis being the better left back. That's 4 players we can look at. 

Right back it's only Torosidis and Bakakis. Skibbe likes to play Retsos at fullback as well. 

Maybe we need to start utilizing our defence and play a 5-2-3. I'm still a big fan of Papadopoulos and I was like to see him play more often. But Sokratis and Manolas are too good to be left out. Siovas has improved a lot since moving to Spain. He has to be a back up instead of Tzavellas. 

Pelkas, Donis, Fortounis, Mantalos, Karelis, Mitroglou, Lazaros, Bakasetas and Gianniotas are the players that have to create and score goals. The problem lies in the middle of the midfield. Samaris doesn't run into space and Zeca is only good for defence. Tachtsidis has good passes but is not that solid at keeping his position. Tziolis forget about it. I'd like to see new faces there. Charisis and Bouchalakis should be experimented. They both like to create and are good at shooting. Something we have missed in this position since Karagounis. 

Siopis is too small and Galanopoulos needs more time. Kourbelis might be the answer but all these players are holding players. We really need a number 8. Who can run into space and even get in the box. Karagounis was good at this. Katsouranis was. Even Zagorakis was. Maybe Fortounis or Mantalos should play that deeper role and one behind the striker. I would give Fortounis a chance as the number 8 with Zeca or Kourbelis covering the defence. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

We need to create from all angles in my opinion. The more we create the better. We saw how Bakakis created chances at right back, more than Torosidis. Karelis can let them away. Stafylidis long shots can be very dangerous for any team. Also Pelkas looks like he work way more than Fortounis and I also believe he is faster. 

So we are creating chances nearly everywhere except from the midfield. We havent got a player in the CM role that can play a killer pass on goal. Zeca and Samaris can't do that and they can't shoot. We need to be shooting more often in the middle of the field. We can't just be playing the ball side ways and always play the simple pass. This is why I said Charisis and Bouchalakis should play because they are dangerous at shooting and can play a killer pass. They haven't been playing which is not good but they play in better leagues than Tziolis. So they are a level above him. 

I also wouldn't mind seeing Mantalos in a deeper role in midfield. Here is an article of Fortounis and Pelkas. 

http://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/different-paths-of-kostas-fortounis-and-dimitris-pelkas

• Like it 1

On 11/4/2018 at 2:44 AM, Dean97 said:

If Greece u21s make it to Euro championship should we let Retsos and Donis play with them aswell? It would boost the defence and and attack.

yes the can play there, donis is 97' and retsos 98' born. imagine a squad of;

kotsaris (gk), tsimikas, retsos, mavropanos, saliakas, galanopoulos, androutsos, limnios, lamprou, manthatis, donis

• Like it 1

12 hours ago, Boxou said:

yes the can play there, donis is 97' and retsos 98' born. imagine a squad of;

kotsaris (gk), tsimikas, retsos, mavropanos, saliakas, galanopoulos, androutsos, limnios, lamprou, manthatis, donis

That's would be a top team. Surely we have someone better than Kotsaris. Maybe Siabanis but he is u19s so he is out of the question. We even have Koulouris. Thats good so far. How old is Kyriakopoulos? He certainly should have a future in the senior national team. 

An interesting interview where Panagiotis Kone said that if he is called up to the national team he will do his best but also said that the national team need younger talent now and the he was shocked that Galanopoulos wasn't picked a few weeks ago. He also said that Galanopoulos and Lambropoulos deserve to be called up after what they've done this season with AEK. I hope Skibbe was listening. 

• Like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

that would give us nice wing options with donis laz and fetfa finally. 

mitro

Donis         Fetfa               Laz

Zeca

Staf Kpaps Sokratis Manolas Bakakis

Karnezis

No brainer line up that I think even skibbe could think up

Edited by georgelaz

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic