Phantis Forums

MadBoy13

Here's the latest on the stadium with some more details.

http://www.sportnet.gr/showreport.asp?Spor...ReportID=151981

It seems that PAE will pay more and the city will gain more, but PAO gets more freedom in building and managing this project.

I'm happy that this is another step towards getting a new home, but it's 2008 and we haven't seen breaking ground yet! Most of us thought that we'd have a new one by now, for our 100th birthday. Anyway, better late than never in this case...

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cyber, how long will it take to build?

does anybody think this will bring fans to the stadium in superleague games?

what will we do with a 30-40,000 seater stadium with 5000 people watching? it will look like a toilet bowl with various poo stains on it..

i am hoping that ticket prices will become a little more affordable for people and the club will not lose money this way as the stadium will fill up..

since olympiakos stadium was built, i admit i have been impressed with their attendences.. aris has also impressed me in the past couple years who once struggled to bring 3000 to the game not bring avergae 10,000?

paoks atmosphere was also incredible over the last couple home games..

i actually envy this and congratulate each club for these achievements..

this year i have been very disappointed with our panathinaikos.. 100 years and might as well be 100 people watching.. we are top of the ladder.. why dont people turn out and help us win the league?

i hope this new stadium changes this factor around.

what will we do with a 30-40,000 seater stadium with 5000 people watching? it will look like a toilet bowl with various poo stains on it..

i am hoping that ticket prices will become a little more affordable for people and the club will not lose money this way as the stadium will fill up..

since olympiakos stadium was built, i admit i have been impressed with their attendences.. aris has also impressed me in the past couple years who once struggled to bring 3000 to the game not bring avergae 10,000?

this year i have been very disappointed with our panathinaikos.. 100 years and might as well be 100 people watching.. we are top of the ladder.. why dont people turn out and help us win the league?

Your toilet bowl analogy is pretty funny :D

If I remember correctly, they said it would take 18 months to build the stadium from the date they sign the paper they signed yesterday.

I guess the hope is that the few ones who go to the stadium "gia kraximo" will have evaporated by then and the "true", less-whining, fans that PAO has will fill it up every sunday. A new stadium will bring fans in for sure.

Olympiakos has a good fan base and they are really good in the stadium. It doesn't hurt that they have been winning titles. Once the titles stop they'll also turn into whiners too - I know Pireas and I lived through their "petrina xronia" so I speak from experience.

PAE will increase ticket prices for sure, but the stadium will be full most of the time. It will look like a toilet bowl with lots of stains.

Your toilet bowl analogy is pretty funny :D

If I remember correctly, they said it would take 18 months to build the stadium from the date they sign the paper they signed yesterday.

I guess the hope is that the few ones who go to the stadium "gia kraximo" will have evaporated by then and the "true", less-whining, fans that PAO has will fill it up every sunday. A new stadium will bring fans in for sure.

Olympiakos has a good fan base and they are really good in the stadium. It doesn't hurt that they have been winning titles. Once the titles stop they'll also turn into whiners too - I know Pireas and I lived through their "petrina xronia" so I speak from experience.

PAE will increase ticket prices for sure, but the stadium will be full most of the time. It will look like a toilet bowl with lots of stains.

haha :LOL: your analogy addition was also funny.

thank you for the information..

• 1 month later...

No news on the new stadium except the bit at the end that says it's expected to be ready in summer 2010.

In the mean time, Panathinaikos is saying goodbye to Leoforos forever. After the playoffs are over Leoforos won't see another Panathinaikos boot step on its pitch.

I think it's good. The OAKA is an amazing stadium by any standards and the only reason Panathinaikos return to Leoforos was to put some pressure on politicians to push for the new stadium.

Many have criticized OAKA that it's too big and too far from the pitch to create an atmosphere. That's only true because of the small amount of fans that go to the games any more. 5000 people really get lost in there. But if the club can fill the stands, it can be awesome.

I remember some games when a full OAKA made teams like Juventus feel intimidated (even before the roof went on).

After the recent developments with the club ownership, and with a couple popular transfers this summer I see the fans returning to support the team in numbers.

BTW its all over the news, but here is one link: http://www.sport.gr/default.asp?pid=4&aid=10880

I forgot to mention, I always liked OAKA over Leoforos. The reason? It was the first stadium with plastic seats so I did not have to buy "felizol" :LOL:

that is so gay... why we leaving from leoforo???? i dont like OAKA at all.. its so big..

i hope tzigger-vgenopoulos-pateras etc. etc. do something to fill up the OAKA.. otherwise with 4000-5000 in there its going to be so retired...

So our stadium can look even more empty likley.....

At least we had Leforos for our memorable centennial year right ? :tdown:

(where not only was there terrible ball, 3rd place finish, but we also banned our atmosphere.....)

hopefully we allow gate 13 back in at least with OAKA........

I feel this is a bad move by management for thier own sake even....

whose going to buy a season ticket for an 80.000 seating stadium that averages a crowd of 10.000??? - and with this team no less!

as a foreigner i like the idea of OAKA simply because its easier for me to get tickets in such a huge stadium. I went there (oaka) for my first (and only :( )PAO game vs PAOK and it was stunning, at least 30k crowd going bonkers.

GATE13 must be allowed back to the games, who cares if they do some naughty things!!!

I am sad however, that I will never get to experience leoforos, i wish i could have....

also in oaka the tickets shouldnt be expensive, they cannot justify chargeing more than 12-15 euros in such a big stadium!!!!!!!!!!

as a foreigner i like the idea of OAKA simply because its easier for me to get tickets in such a huge stadium. I went there (oaka) for my first (and only :( )PAO game vs PAOK and it was stunning, at least 30k crowd going bonkers.

GATE13 must be allowed back to the games, who cares if they do some naughty things!!!

I am sad however, that I will never get to experience leoforos, i wish i could have....

also in oaka the tickets shouldnt be expensive, they cannot justify chargeing more than 12-15 euros in such a big stadium!!!!!!!!!!

hehehe... oaka its a expensive stadium man.. trust me... min sou po kai pio akriva apo tin leoforo mporei na einai... :whistle:

Its better that you never see Leoforos, than see it in its terrible state that it has been this year without its fans... :(

OAKA you will not pay 12 euros for ANY PAO match......s%$#! 12 euros might get you a Frappe in Athens these days :P

15-20 would be the lowest youd see and youd be pretty high up...

Guys, OAKA is big and it's great to have 50,000+ fans there in a 70,000 stadium. But, I think those days are gone. A 45,000 stadium made for soccer is much better. The fans are closer to the action (unlike OAKA), and even with 20,000 you can have a great atmosphere!

I don't understand why those who are in marketing and other people in decision-making positions, and some fans here haven't figured out that the days of filled stadia of the 1960s, 70s, and 80s are gone!

And, keep screwing up the sport with monkey business and you'll soon see how few fans will be paying to watch a game..... :blink:

Now, having said that, where's the frigin stadium of ours????!!!!!!!!!!! :whistle:

Have they turned 1 rock yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Feel free to add to this, but that's how I understand it.

Once upon a time, the city of Athens gave Panathinaikos a place to have a home, known as Leoforos. Now, unless you understand the Greek way, you won't understand what's going on...

In 1980, they decided to make the league "professional"... (in name only, just like this new "Super League" :LOL: ). Then, of course, screwed up things happened. PAO PAE (football) was formed but the rest of the PAO branches remained "amature" !!!! [Yes, the PAO basketball team still has the "erasitechnis" "amature" label :LOL:]

Oh, there's more... the stadium came under the control of the "erasitechnis" :o [don't ask why].

Tzigger wants a new modern stadium, goes to the Greek state and the municipality of Athens to figure it out where to built..... :blink: :blink: :blink: [do you need more explanation as to what happened here?? :1eye: ]

Now the .."amatures" don't want to release the old Leoforos unless they get whatever they deem fair in exchange.... Why can they do that if they do NOT own the old home??? Well, they say they won't leave..... :LOL:

:ph34r: :xxx: :bangin: :argue:

Of course, even after the decision was made to build in Votanikos, not a single stone has been turned there. The best they've done has been some nice drawings of a future stadium! :LOL: :LOL: Every once in a while they have ceremonies and press releases that confirm the stadium is ..ready to be ...built.... [as soon, as...]:*&%:

Now, there seem to be revisiions to the ..plans [they told us many times, all parties had agreed to everything :whistle: :whistle: ], and will not sign off so the frist stone will be turned in Votanikos....

:*&%:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I think it's more convoluted than you describe Athinaie, with political parties getting involved along the way to favor one team over another (Karaiskaki), different mayors of Athens having other ideas about having a football team in the center of the city, and other organizations hoping that someone (AEK and PAO) will occupy the OAKA to foot the gargantuan annual maintenance fee.

Anyway. I loved Leoforos but I am more than happy that we moved out of it, and that we are building our stadium finally.

According to this the digging for the new stadium will start next month, and the building will start in December. The stadium will be ready for the 2010-2011 season :tup:

• 2 months later...

Archived