Phantis Forums

MadBoy13

Ancient artifacts will be unearthed for sure, but hopefully nothing very important. The area lies outside the ancient city walls of Athens, but it is very close I think to the "Sacred Gate" and near the river Eridanos. There is no way that this area is dry of artifacts.

If they find anything interesting, it would be cool to make a museum underneath the stadium. It will be unique in the world.

Does anyone know the exact location of the planned stadium?

Tat would be awsome, it would make it uniquely Athenian and Greek

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The stadium looks nice. It's almost an exact copy of Porto's Dragao stadium!

Drakos13, Salgado, the planning architect, had said the acoustic behavior of the stadium is a big part of the stadium. The continuous roof should amplify the sound, and he had said something about an electronic sound system that will amplify the noise.

Here is another link with the photos

http://sports.e-go.gr/article.asp?catid=88...=2&pubid=414062

Panathinaikos Planned stadium:

Posted Image

And for some visual comparisons:

Porto's Dragao Stadium:

Posted Image

http://stadiumguide.com/dragao.htm

And since some similarities to Ajax and Arsenal stadiums were mentioned:

Ajax Stadium:

Posted Image

http://stadiumguide.com/arena.htm

Arsenal Stadium

http://stadiumguide.com/emirates.htm

Ethnikisti,

I think it's just the ultra wide-angle rendered shots that make it look so distorted. If you take a look at the Dragao stadium, you will see that the stands are designed almost identical to it.

In the 2nd photo that FastGreek posted it looks like the skyboxes are under a large section of seats. I would love to be in there when a few thousand fans stomp their feet above :D Although I get the feeling this is where they will exile the opposing team's fans.

Ethnikisti,

I think it's just the ultra wide-angle rendered shots that make it look so distorted. If you take a look at the Dragao stadium, you will see that the stands are designed almost identical to it.

In the 2nd photo that FastGreek posted it looks like the skyboxes are under a large section of seats. I would love to be in there when a few thousand fans stomp their feet above :D Although I get the feeling this is where they will exile the opposing team's fans.

As long as the atmosphere is as hot as Leoforo I'm happy! :tup:

Hmmm, "it's finally here!"... title of this topic is off the mark! I'd be happy if it's ready before the end of 2008 so we can get in while celebrating our Centenial....

Yet, greek reality slaps you in the face.... if they say 1.5 years, add 1-2 to be safe.... That's too bad, because they should have started building it already...

It does look very nice though. We need a proper home especially made for playing football there. I can't wait to visit. All I hope is that by then, violence would not be a factor, and then it should be known that anyone who destroys our home will be taken out and shot on the spot!... :bangin:

thats funny how oaka fits over 70,000 and you guys can't even get 10,000 fans to come to your games

we get more than 10.000. l

somebody is just jealous that we are getting a stadium far exceeding Greece's standards and also going to be one of EUROPES top.......and you idiots waited to build one with 28.000.......youre going to wait a while before OSFP goes invests in a new stadium, and in the mean time PAO will be getting rich :tup:

The only other place you will find stadiums that nice in europe are in Porto, England, Spain and Germany...maybe Zurich too...but point is for southern europe we are number 1 - only problem is it is kerkides are not close enough to the field.....even on the video....i hope that is fixed

i heard also we have our basketball complex and volley courts there......this is a PAO FORTRESS

Anybody know about the plans for the basket/volley???

I was watching ESPN a few nights ago and they said the Dallas Cowboys are building a new stadium that will cost 1 Billion (that's a "B") Dollars! And they are replacing a stadium we would be drooling to get...

As for crowds, its all a matter of how people feel about your product. The Greek superleague cannot grasp what a wonderful appeal their product has and it's run by small time shop owners (well, it is now run by the sons of the shop owners who have never done much on their own, but that's another story.)

One of my first experiences when I moved to the US was to go to a UM game in Miami at Orange bowl. There were over 70000 spectators for a regular season college game.

A few years later I drove to Beaver stadium to watch a Penn State game. Man what a great experience (that's when they were good). Over 100000 people in the stands, a great band (all volunteers who practice like crazy all week long, cheerleaders, and a tailgating crowd that blew my mind). For those who are not familiar with Penn state, it is an isolated college town in northern Penssylvania with a student population of 40000 many of whom go to every game, but the majority of the spectators drive for more than 2 hours to get there. Tailgaters are dedicated fans that have their own RV (mostly to go to the game), who drive there the night before, park together and set up great BBQ and Beer parties on the lot. And this happens every other weekend in the fall! BTW, I missed most of the game because I could not smoke in the stands so I spend my time outside :rolleyes:

Why did I remember all this? Maybe I would love to see our super-league to become such a magnet for people, and to provide a show people would drive for hours to see in great stadiums. Or maybe I am just trying to distract myself from yesterdays game :D

Can anyone explain to me how does this thing work? I've been reading that Erasitechnis (Gianakopoulos) hasn't signed and he said "there are problems." So, what does this mean?

Why PAO is not ONE club? And, how come the football stadium will NOT be owned by PAO the football team?

Can anyone explain to me how does this thing work? I've been reading that Erasitechnis (Gianakopoulos) hasn't signed and he said "there are problems." So, what does this mean?

Why PAO is not ONE club? And, how come the football stadium will NOT be owned by PAO the football team?

I don't know all the details beyond what has been reported in the news.

Erasitehnis is pownding their chest and whining why they have not been invited to a couple of meetings I think. Typical Greek idiotic BS. The money is there, the government and the city are working to create a stadium and someone plays games in the media.

I gather the stadium will be partly owned by Panathinaikos FC since they will be paying a sizable chunk for the next 20 years. It's customary that those who finance the project have some stake in such projects and so far I only know about PAE PAO and Alpha Bank. The city of Athens will have ownership of the land for sure and the last report mentioned something about "koinothta" which I can only speculate they mean some EU funds for upgrading the area, but I doubt EU would finance the stadium itself.

I hope they publish some more details at some point. As intersting as they are though, all I care is to see our team in a modern stadium.

I'm sorry, but I still don't have the full picture. Why wouldn't the football PAO own the football stadium? OK, the land still belongs to the state, but why EPAE PAO needs the signatures of erasitechnis? Isn't the football club the money-maker and user of the stadium? I mean, PAO's football team needs this and will make the most use of such a facility. no?

And, what does it mean "erasitechnis"?...

Are there ..amatures involved?

I found this article.... :1eye:

Archived