Phantis Forums

MadBoy13

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link. It provides more details about the conflict/problems. I still don't know why Erasitechnis owns Leoforo... Shouldn't the footbal club own the field? I'm sure that the football team was established before any other. And, I'm almost certain that Leoforos never belonged to PAO... It was given by the municipality for PAO's use for an indefinite period of time.

If there are 2 entities (football & basketball) with presumably different plans/objectives, why can't the PAE PAO get its own facilities?

I think the Greek way of doing things is too bureaucratic and unnecessarily complicated. Why is there an "erasitechnis"????!!! [if I understand the word correctly, it means ..amature. Right?] :la: Does it include the basketball club? the most ..professional of our PAO teams?!!! :unsure:

It's a disgrace that since Leoforos was determined to be inadequate and should be replaced some ..20-25 years ago, we still haven't bee able to have our OWN stadium. :tdown:

Having a nice home, a proper football stadium, would have made PAO a better team, I think.

I am with you Athinaie,

Leoforos stadium was used by PAO since the 1930's :blink: and everyone knows that the land was given to PAO by the city of Athens. While PAO always acted as if they owned the place, the city of Athens might be able to get it back if they wanted to challenge the Leoforos ownership in court.

Anyway, football became professional in 1981, 1982 or 1983 I think, and this was the first time that teams like PAO became separate entities from the other PAO sports. At the time, because everyone was afraid that teams like track and field, basketball and the such would disappear for lack of funds they separated their belongings in a way that stadiums and other assets were run by the "erasitehnis" (I guess I would translate this as "non-proffit" but that's not quite accurate either).

Many things have changes since then, including Baskeball operations becoming professional, but the "erasitehnis" feels they still owns the stadium.

The cold way to see this is that everyone was fed by the success of the football team (and some government subsidies) for decades, While the "erasitehnis" feels like they have the "grandfathered" right to "own" major Panathinaikos assets, it makes no sense for them to control the football stadium any longer.

Beyond that, personally I think it's a major waste to build another basketball stadium in Athens. OAKA and Galatsi are awesome stadiums and KAE PAO would do well to sign a long term deal with OAKA and stop acting like kids.

The way this deal seems to be structured, PAO is in essence the owner of the stadium without making it look as if the government "gave" it to the PAE. PAO FC will pay rent and the maintenance for a long time, and will have exclusive (I think) use of the stadium, and partial rights on the other commercial uses of it. All for just 3.5 million Euro per year.

It's not that bad of a deal. For PAO to have their *own* stadium they would need to have the land. and the only place in Athens that PAO owns (kind off) is Leoforos, and that's not enough land to build much of a stadium.

• 3 months later...

Great design and will be great for PAO and any other Greek team to play at...

What I really like about this stadium is the capasity. I think that the "big 3" should be playing at 40-45 thousand stadiums... No more no less..

Well done PAO... No just get the damn thing up and running ASAP so all the hoodlums can burn it... (hope not)

Of course I'm happy about this development but I still believe we have an incompetent owner. It was clear over 10 years ago that PAO needed a new stadium, and already people had spoken about celebrating our centenial in our new home.... So, now they're saying maybe, maybe it's finished by the end of 2008 (I'm taking bets).

As for AEK, I never understood why they demolished the old one before they even had a solid agreement to build a new one....

the fact that this is actually happening surprises me..i dont whether thats good or bad but lets not get too excited...im sure there will be some sort of delays..i dont trust that itll be done by the end of next season but hopefully i am proven wrong...it would be nice to play in there once or twice by then.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another step closer to the stadium was taken today.

http://www.sport-fm.gr/news.jsp?newsID=89704

Thanasis Giannakopoulos signed his concent, and the project will now be moving from the negotiating stage to the building stages.

The newspapers make it sound as if the project has been delayed a great deal, but for such an undertaking everything seems to be going very smoothly (ftou na mh to matiasw) and the new estimate is that the football stadium will be ready the first half of 2009, and the basketball/volleyball stadium sometime in 2011.

Does anyone know the exact coordinates of the area where the stadium will be built? I've been trying to locate it on Google earth and I would appreciate it if someone could post the aproximate spot of construction.

• 3 months later...

DO U THINK WE WILL BE READY FOR THE 1 CENTURY OF GREEK SPORTS PRIDE ON AN INTERNATIONAL LEVEL?

THANK GOD THE GOVERNMENT DIDNT CHANGE OTHERWISE WE HAD TO RESTART THE NEGOTIATIONS FROM THE BIGUININ....

KAVLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Posted Image

AERA AERA NA FIGI I XOLERAAAAAAAAA

• 4 weeks later...

den ksero eseis paidia alla ego pleon exo apoiteutei me to thema tou gipedou... den eimai aisiodoksos katholou... varethika na akouo m@lakies kai na min vlepo erga...

The gipedo will be built sometime. I agree with you that I've lost my original excitement. Now, I don't really mind that PAO will celebrate its centenial in Leoforos--where it all began--which is fitting. The new stadium won't be ready until 2009 or whenever...

Besides, it's not like we're having so many fans attending that we don't know what to do with them ;)

Right now, other things are more important--really, like so many years [too often] we're rebuilding. Let's fix the team first and all the other things will follow.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived