Phantis Forums

Shakhtar vs Olympiacos

dipapa

I 'm not optimistic, after the recent very bad performances. Our team shows none of the positive aspects it had in the preseason friendlies. This time I wouldn't want to predict anything but, if we don't improve, there will be a humiliating defeat.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I 'm not optimistic, after the recent very bad performances. Our team shows none of the positive aspects it had in the preseason friendlies. This time I wouldn't want to predict anything but, if we don't improve, there will be a humiliating defeat.

Hey dipapa im afraid were gonna get killed if we continue these type of performances in the champions league......the only hope i got is that last year we actually played better at away matches then home....im hoping the ukranians are a little nervous since they dont have the CL experience our guys have so we can at least get a tie...I really dont see a win here after these latest games... :tdown: I hope ribo plays then we have a chance at least by fouls or cornershots....

One more game that depends on how will we show up.If we play like we have done in the last couple of games forget about it.If we play like we should then maybe,just maybe this will be the first 3 points away from home.Our defence has to keep the 0 at the back.We can score on everyone but if you cant play defence f-u-c-k it.I can not predict this one.......i can only hope for a 0-1. :gr:

News are very bad for Rivaldo. Yesterday, a new magnetic tomography showed that his leg injury seems more severe that what was previously thought. We couldn't survive without Ribo, plain and simple. Kafes is extremely disappointing in that role so far, even when he is supported by Djorjevic.

I have the faint hope that the bad performance against Aek was partly due to energy preservation. I really hope this will be the case in Wednesday.

As for the away win, the only possible score would be 1-2. I don't think that our defense will be ever able to keep the 0. However, without Ribo an away win will remain a distant dream.

any points earned is a positive step.... getting embarraced is what you want to avoid

you know, this is the first time i absolutely agree with you.

dipapa is right. we haven't shown anything the team showed during pre season. no automatisms, no team play, nothing. even though i haven't seen a super league ( :LOL: ) match yet, my picture of our team is very bad. nothing seems to be working.

ribo surely is a loss to the team, but he isn't the team. he can decide a match through one or two actions, but we have to play as a team to be able to survive in cl.

something else: why do we have such a lot of problems with small injuries? this didn't happen last season but this year we have to be afraid after every match that some players won't play the next match. so far ribo, ne, djole, kafes, kapsis, ouaddou, cesar, stoltidis, konstantinou, domi, zewlakow, georgatos, borja and surely someone else have suffered of some injuries.

this is how i see it with this match: shahtar doesn't have that many tall offensive players. most of them are about 1.75. so most probably they will be playing a fast style of football. if we manage to prevent too many counter attacks and if our offense works, there might be a chance of getting a point out of this match. they have about 5 brazilian players in the team who are all rated higher than most of our players (on the transfer market). two and three years ago the team invested about 45 mio euros all in all to get new players, a budget that is way higher than ours.

because of that i see osfp as the weakest team in our group.

hopefully there won't be any humiliating result again...

some stats...

ukraine league 10th in uefa standings

Greece super league ;) 16th

Shakthar 1st

Gavri 1..

statistically they're better.... now we'll see what happens on the field.....

play for a tie & maybe you'll win...1-1,1-2

play for the win & you will lose...3-0

something else: why do we have such a lot of problems with small injuries? this didn't happen last season but this year we have to be afraid after every match that some players won't play the next match. so far ribo, ne, djole, kafes, kapsis, ouaddou, cesar, stoltidis, konstantinou, domi, zewlakow, georgatos, borja and surely someone else have suffered of some injuries.

I was also wondering about the same thing.

As for tactics against Shakhtar, I think that any team that can play with fast counter attacks is at advantage with us. It is a traditional problem for Olympiakos, except for the first Bajevic team (before Giovanni). Our middlefielders are offense minded, left and right backs too (and they don't return back as fast they should), center backs are not high class players and all of them together aren't working as a team.

I think Ribo's absence would be crucial because he is the connecting bond between our attackers. Maybe it would be better for us to play with a more strengthened centre but in that case we couldn't easily score. Konstantinou is slow so Castillo would be left alone. On the other side, a victory is the only way to keep some hopes about the 2nd qualifying position. So it depends on priorities. If we want to ensure the 3rd place, we must be defensively minded, otherwise we need Ribo and a much much better performance.

I honestly think we'll win 2-1! They are almost as bad as us at the back and we have a better midfield! Konstantinou and Castillo on the scoresheet for us.

now what have u been smoking again!

better midfield?

please go to uefa.com and look at their squad!

they have top quality players in all positions!!!

another thing from uefa!!

• Since reaching the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals in 1999, Olympiacos have stumbled at the group stage for seven seasons running. If they are to succeed this time they must improve on their poor away record: they have won none and lost 21 of their 28 UEFA Champions League games outside Greece since 1997/98.

• Shakhtar have suffered their own frustrations in the UEFA Champions League, finishing third in their group on their two previous appearances, in 2000/01 and 2004/05.

• However, the Ukrainian champions' home form has been good, with four wins from six matches, including a 2-0 success against FC Barcelona in their last UEFA Champions League fixture at the RSC Olympiyskiy stadium in December 2004.

Well it looks like u will be 4th again! i mean all statistics speaks against u!

but u can prove me wrong an finally get a AWAY WIN wich has been a forbiden word at youre club.

this is how i see it with this match: shahtar doesn't have that many tall offensive players. most of them are about 1.75. so most probably they will be playing a fast style of football. if we manage to prevent too many counter attacks and if our offense works, there might be a chance of getting a point out of this match. they have about 5 brazilian players in the team who are all rated higher than most of our players (on the transfer market). two and three years ago the team invested about 45 mio euros all in all to get new players, a budget that is way higher than ours.

because of that i see osfp as the weakest team in our group.

hopefully there won't be any humiliating result again...

Brandao and marica not tall enough

im supporting OSFP for this match.....even though it makes me cringe, i cant bear to see the league drop to 14. Ukraine is also a rival league right now.

OSFP has to win this if they want to think about qualification, and i think its definitly a difficult but winnable game. A good start is all it takes with an early goal....

2-1 OSFP win :gr:

lets be greek for one day dammit and hope the gays will win. i cant stand them. i think they dont deserve to be the top team in grece every year. i dont think they r good enough to compete in europe. i dont think they will win.

but hey.. even a dog has a warm piece of the sidewalk to piss on.

so i say this once and only once.. Go olympiacos! 1-2

i feel sick...

l8ter skaters

Kopste tis "Get the points for Greece" Mal*kies. The only thing Olympiankos should be worried about is some self dignity in CL (that goes for PAO and AEK as well) Now I know some of you will come back and say, where's your team at? they are not in the CL. You should know, that I will be rooting for Olympiakos, PAO, and AEK in the CL games (as I have in the past); and the fact is, my team was not good enough to get in this competition (that's being realistic). The only thing I'm wondering is, when does self dignity come into play for the players on Oly, PAO, and AEK? Is it the fact that our teams are this bad and are like B divison teams compared to the teams in their Group, or do the players just don't give a sh*t and are only there for the paycheck?

Archived