Phantis Forums

Shakhtar vs Olympiacos

dipapa

U better win!

cause i have just put money on u!

i played a sytem with theese bets.

spartak moscow-sporting (handicap 0-1) 1 = 3,95 spartak needs to win with 2 or more goals ;)

inter-bayern (handicap) 1 = 3,90 win by 2 or more goals(ela adriano)

shakthar-oly 2 = 3,70

now i have played a system 2 out of 3

3 games 3 losses.. MPRAVO MAN!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

no damn system could have saved you!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing is for sure and that is that we're definitely not ready for Champions League games as a club and as a nation...

IF you look at some of the other "big" clubs around Europe, they are able to put games away. THAT is the difference between them and us. It's not the fact that we're not good enough, or budget or what other m*****es some poeple say.

We (Greek Teams and Players) just need to mature in European soccer and become better as a whole.

This result didn't surprise me everyone, I think that it was something that alot of people were waiting for and if you didn't you were dreaming.

Not saying that I don't the good for our club BUT WE"RE NOT THERE YET!

No matter what, it's a point in Europe and Bravo to Kostadinou & Castillo for playing one hell of a match!

Not a bad result boys, Olympiakos was outplayed yet they manage to get a point out of this. Konstantinou and Castillo we're terrific once AGAIN! Nikopolidis was the hero of this match, without those big saves they would have scored 5 past us. Olympiakos are currently in 3rd place, we still can qualify for the round of 16. Now it's time to prepare for Roma. :gr: :gr: :gr:

like dipapa said: mvp: nikopolidis! also castillo and konstantinou played great. marci wasn't bad in the 2nd half and our defense looked better as soon as anatolakis was subbed. not that our defense was great after that, but i think it is a good sign that patsa was playing well.

our 2nd half was good but after the 1st half we could have been down with 2 goals if nikopolidis wouldn't have been there.

georgatos was ok, mostly with offensive help. pantos too. but still our defense shits its pants as soon as we are in front.

i'm sure that if a good offer comes for castillo at the end of the season he'll be gone. you could see it in his eyes after the chance he missed late in the 2nd half.

we have a complex in away matches. tell me what you want. and that is also the reason why sollied changed the whole defense this year. i'm sure that if he would have had all the players on time we would look better than we are now.

and i would like to see us play once with the line up sollied had in mind after the transfers.

don't know how i should feel. we could have easily lost this match, but we didn't. we put up a fight till the end. ribo, georgatos and pantos could have been sent from the pitch too. and luckily the refs didn't see castillos hand on the ball for the 2-1. a zoomed slowmo on a german channel looked like as if he used his hand to get the ball in the net.

i'm neither happy nor sad. its the same thing as every year. great expectations in the beginning and the usual failures through the group stage.

but at least i had a great laugh with one of my swiss friends who came to see the match. he knows about that in greece we don't really push the youth teams and that osfp has a very high average age. we came to the point of discussing the youth programs and that we should invest more in our youth team. and he was like "invest in what? your under-28 team?" :LOL:

I had no expectations. I logged into uefa.com to see the result and was relieved we didn't lose.

Also everyone has been raving about Nikopolidis. I don't like him and think he is overrated. He finally does his job and people forget all the sub-par performances he has been putting in for the last 2 years.

We (Olympiakos and all Greek clubs) really aren't up to this level. Bulgarian and Romanian clubs are better than us and this is demoralising and embarrassing.

What's happeend to us? 5 years ago Greek clubs were ranked 6th in the UEFA co-efficient. We managed to get three clubs into the CL (I know...I know...PAOK had their bollocks handed to them by Maccabi).

We were just behind the Dutch clubs and we were better than the Portuguese clubs. Then we have just steadily declined to easy beats. NO ONE in Europe fears coming to play our clubs in Greece.

NO ONE!

I don't have the answers. Maybe no one has. One thing is obvious and that is we never respect our youth players.

8a pw ki egw ta idia : g... thn ko..amyna pou exoume. Me 5 amyntikous kai trwme goal 2 lepta meta to diko mas! Molis baloume goal ta kanoume panw mas @#$@

Wraia omada h Shakhtar, edw pou ta leme pantws. Exasan eukairies, einai kai poly mikroteroi se hlikia apo tous dikous mas. Eytyxws o termatofylakas tous einai gia ta panhgyria. Telika pesame se dyskolo omilo.

MVP o Nikopolidhs (gia na to boulwsoun kai oi bazeloi). Mprabo tou, palikari pou den ta exase oute stigmh. Apo konta o Kwnstantinou, mprabo ston Kokkali pou ton efere ston Olympiako (kai ston tzigger pou ton edwse :) ). Allh euxaristh nota htan h apodosh tou Patsa, mono ena la8os ekane. Telika mallon 8a mas boh8hsei poly fetos. En genei, kai meta tis poly kakes emfaniseis, den ta phgame asxhma alla auto den ftanei gia na prokri8oume. To poly trith 8esh.

I cant believe that no one has mentioned Maric's performance! Along with Castillo and Nikopolidi I think he was our best player. He won everything in midfield!!! HE HAS TO PLAY MORE!!! I was also very impressed with Cesar, looked solid tonight. Having seen this match I would have to say that our best team (in terms of the balance of the side and not necessarily individuals) when everyone is available is:

----------------------------------------Nikopolidis-------------------------------------------

------------------------Patsa------------Cesar--------------Anatolakis---------------------

--Zewlakow-------------------------------------------------------------------Georgatos---

---------------------Castillo--------Maric-----Ribo-----------Djole------------------------

---------------------------------------Konstantinou------------------------------------------

I really think that this team could beat Roma at home and maybe get a draw away. I know Stoltidi and Kafes aren't in this team but in terms of balance I think this has the right amount of fight, creativity and offensive/defensive equilibrium to work. However, I have faith in Sollied, his decisions were brilliant tonight! The dream of qualifying isn't over yet guys, a win against Roma in the next game and we are favourites to go through with Valencia. I know thats easier said than done but Roma also have defensive frailties and play without strikers. They move the ball quickly in midfield which is why I'd like to see those 6 defensive minded players in the team, BUT when we have the ball we can hurt them. Its not impossible, esp as Shakhter have such a good home record, and Roma go there it will be COOOOOLLLLLLLDD! Its still on guys!

Sadly if u want to advance in this Comp u will need to beat Roma in athens and Tie them in italy.. then hope for them to lose in Shaktar and tie or lose against valencia....

i think its safe to assume that 3 points in athens against Shaktar will be the only result. 7 or 8 points for olym with the afformentioned results to Roma and all is possible.

Good Luck guys but itll be tough.

MAKARI...

also, one last thing... Dyn Kiev lost yesterday... Shaktar tied a greek team and if pao beats Zapo tomorrow itll be good for greek football as the Ukraine is ahead of greece in Coefficient...

now if only some romanian and bulgarian teams can lose matches we should be ok in the coming years.. Go Iraklis, Go Pao and xanthi winning would also be nice..

later skaters

As I mentioned previously, I haven't watched any of the Shakhtar match. I have only read the reports. Here is a quote that reinforces my opinions of Nikopolidis.

"The hosts were level 10 minutes later though with Olympiacos goalkeeper Antonis Nikopolidis at fault. Matuzalem swung a dangerous free-kick from the right into the penalty area and the ball evaded everyone to creep in at the far post past a statuesque Nikopolidis."

Some of us aren't the only one to describe him as a statue!

The article then goes on to say the following which is what some have said about our Hermes impersonator after today's match:

"The Olympiacos keeper made up for his error with some fine saves in the second half to deny Shakhtar, who applied pressure of their own either side of half-time."

This Nikopolidis character should be replaced by Butina at Thrylos and Kotsolis or Sifakis for the ethniki. The glory days are over. Stick him in the middle of Syntagma and let him impersonate the world famous Hermes there, and not under the posts!

U better win!

cause i have just put money on u!

i played a sytem with theese bets.

spartak moscow-sporting (handicap 0-1) 1 = 3,95 spartak needs to win with 2 or more goals ;)

inter-bayern (handicap) 1 = 3,90 win by 2 or more goals(ela adriano)

shakthar-oly 2 = 3,70

now i have played a system 2 out of 3

3 games 3 losses.. MPRAVO MAN!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

no damn system could have saved you!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i am sure uefa had read my post!

so they made sure by phoning especially the ref in the inter game they he should send of atleast 2 players!

and spartark had plenty of chances to make it 2-0 when they where up 1-0!

and finally oly had where undone by their own coach(tactical lineup)

8a pw ki egw ta idia : g... thn ko..amyna pou exoume. Me 5 amyntikous kai trwme goal 2 lepta meta to diko mas! Molis baloume goal ta kanoume panw mas @#$@

Wraia omada h Shakhtar, edw pou ta leme pantws. Exasan eukairies, einai kai poly mikroteroi se hlikia apo tous dikous mas. Eytyxws o termatofylakas tous einai gia ta panhgyria. Telika pesame se dyskolo omilo.

MVP o Nikopolidhs (gia na to boulwsoun kai oi bazeloi). Mprabo tou, palikari pou den ta exase oute stigmh. Apo konta o Kwnstantinou, mprabo ston Kokkali pou ton efere ston Olympiako (kai ston tzigger pou ton edwse :) ). Allh euxaristh nota htan h apodosh tou Patsa, mono ena la8os ekane. Telika mallon 8a mas boh8hsei poly fetos. En genei, kai meta tis poly kakes emfaniseis, den ta phgame asxhma alla auto den ftanei gia na prokri8oume. To poly trith 8esh.

I cant believe that no one has mentioned Maric's performance! Along with Castillo and Nikopolidi I think he was our best player. He won everything in midfield!!! HE HAS TO PLAY MORE!!! I was also very impressed with Cesar, looked solid tonight. Having seen this match I would have to say that our best team (in terms of the balance of the side and not necessarily individuals) when everyone is available is:

----------------------------------------Nikopolidis-------------------------------------------

------------------------Patsa------------Cesar--------------Anatolakis---------------------

--Zewlakow-------------------------------------------------------------------Georgatos---

---------------------Castillo--------Maric-----Ribo-----------Djole------------------------

---------------------------------------Konstantinou------------------------------------------

I really think that this team could beat Roma at home and maybe get a draw away. I know Stoltidi and Kafes aren't in this team but in terms of balance I think this has the right amount of fight, creativity and offensive/defensive equilibrium to work. However, I have faith in Sollied, his decisions were brilliant tonight! The dream of qualifying isn't over yet guys, a win against Roma in the next game and we are favourites to go through with Valencia. I know thats easier said than done but Roma also have defensive frailties and play without strikers. They move the ball quickly in midfield which is why I'd like to see those 6 defensive minded players in the team, BUT when we have the ball we can hurt them. Its not impossible, esp as Shakhter have such a good home record, and Roma go there it will be COOOOOLLLLLLLDD! Its still on guys!

I think I disagree with some of you.

-Nikopolidis and Castillio were our best players.

-Our defense was very bad once again.

-Pleasantly surprised by Pantos in the second half in the right side of the midfield.

-Maric tried really hard but he doesn't seem to be able to see anything that's going on around him. Somehow he needs to learn how to pass the ball to his teammates and not to the opposition.

-Sollied lost it. None of his transfer worked up to now. He changes the formation in a panic. His plan in the attack is to send long balls to Konstantinou from our area, we haven't played like this since Mitropoulos was around.

-Assuming we can beat Roma in Karaiskaki and draw in Rome, we still need to beat Valencia away or Rome to drop points in Donetsk to get second place. It seems very difficult.

No, I don't think we have the quality for advancing. It was a rather good game for OSFP if, and only if, one considers the previous performances and the potential of our opponent.

Whether Nikopolidis is at fault in the first goal is hard to tell. Perhaps he could go out to get the ball but the attackers could prevent him from catching it. Anatolakis is the main responsible for this goal.

As for the people who complain about longballs, didn't you noticed that, so far, Rivaldo wasn't playing? Unfortunately, there's no substitute for him.

As I mentioned previously, I haven't watched any of the Shakhtar match. I have only read the reports. Here is a quote that reinforces my opinions of Nikopolidis.

"The hosts were level 10 minutes later though with Olympiacos goalkeeper Antonis Nikopolidis at fault. Matuzalem swung a dangerous free-kick from the right into the penalty area and the ball evaded everyone to creep in at the far post past a statuesque Nikopolidis."

Some of us aren't the only one to describe him as a statue!

The article then goes on to say the following which is what some have said about our Hermes impersonator after today's match:

"The Olympiacos keeper made up for his error with some fine saves in the second half to deny Shakhtar, who applied pressure of their own either side of half-time."

This Nikopolidis character should be replaced by Butina at Thrylos and Kotsolis or Sifakis for the ethniki. The glory days are over. Stick him in the middle of Syntagma and let him impersonate the world famous Hermes there, and not under the posts!

I have been a huge critic of Nikopolidi in the past but yesterday he was fantastic, he didnt make one mistake! The goal was Anatolakis's fault, probably why he was subbed. The keeper cannot go for the ball at the back post when its crossed in like that, its the defenders job to clear it! And instead of going in with his head Anatolaki tries to kick the ball away and can't do it. See the goal for yourself file:

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?ID=483

basically he was not outstanding technically but showed fight, passion, and a high work ethic. What more do you want?

Unfortunately, Maric is just that and nothing more.

O Olympiakos den einai omada Skwtsezwn ksylokopwn. an 8eloume na pame mprosta sto CL xreiazomaste oxi mono omadiko pneuma kai dynamh alla kai paixtes me ikanothtes. O Maric einai poly metrios texnika, akomi ki o Stoltidis mprosta tou einai Rivaldo!

What i can not believe is that Osfp can score with no problem,4 goals in 2 games but our f........k defence can not stop or keep the score to save our life.....6 goals,come on man......Other teams score one and they can get the games and us...1 point......f-u-c-k it.....

Unfortunately, Maric is just that and nothing more.

O Olympiakos den einai omada Skwtsezwn ksylokopwn. an 8eloume na pame mprosta sto CL xreiazomaste oxi mono omadiko pneuma kai dynamh alla kai paixtes me ikanothtes. O Maric einai poly metrios texnika, akomi ki o Stoltidis mprosta tou einai Rivaldo!

Simfono file oti technica einai metrios, alla mia omada, oson kali, hriazontai kai auti oi paihtes yia na mporesoun oi technikoi na doulepsoun.

All the big sides have that type of player, Bayern have Hargreaves, Arsenal have Gilberto, Milan have Gatusso, etc. None of these guys are technically great, their job is merely to break up opposition play and allow the creative players to play. They are of course better than Maric, and in an ideal world we'd have a better player than him in that position, but the fact is he's the ONLY one we have that can play that role effectively!! He was very good last night & will be vital against Roma. With the way they play he's our most vital player against them!

Archived