Phantis Forums

Shakhtar vs Olympiacos

dipapa

Kopste tis "Get the points for Greece" Mal*kies. The only thing Olympiankos should be worried about is some self dignity in CL (that goes for PAO and AEK as well) Now I know some of you will come back and say, where's your team at? they are not in the CL. You should know, that I will be rooting for Olympiakos, PAO, and AEK in the CL games (as I have in the past); and the fact is, my team was not good enough to get in this competition (that's being realistic). The only thing I'm wondering is, when does self dignity come into play for the players on Oly, PAO, and AEK? Is it the fact that our teams are this bad and are like B divison teams compared to the teams in their Group, or do the players just don't give a sh*t and are only there for the paycheck?

I meant PAO in UEFA.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with all the injuries our starting line up looks like as if we are playing a friendly or something like that:

-----------------------nikopolidis-----------------------

--------anatolakis------cesar------kostoulas---------

pantos---------------------------------------georgatos

-------maric-----------stoltidis-------djole-------------

-----------------castillo---------konstantinou---------

The key players are Elano (Anybody seen the last Brazio match?) and Metusalem in the difense

He was injured in the las CL match, i am not sure about his situation

Fromth other blazians I remember little Jadson, donwt despise him for being small size. he is nuch tougher that his looks, a very fast and skillful player (Came from Atletico Paranaense

They realy have better players almost in every position. but sometime they are not so good as a team

It is time for Konstantinou to be crucial

when was the last time oly won away?

its been years right?

from uefa!!!

• Since reaching the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals in 1999, Olympiacos have stumbled at the group stage for seven seasons running. If they are to succeed this time they must improve on their poor away record: they have won none and lost 21 of their 28 UEFA Champions League games outside Greece since 1997/98.

Guys Shakhter really arent that strong! Yes, we have injury worries, and they have 2-3 v.good individuals but they arent that strong! If they were in the Greek league for example, they would not be favourites to win the league and make no bones about that! And despite what Slick and a couple of the other PAO fans say, man for man they do not have a better midfield than Djole, Ribo, Stoltidis, Kafes and Castillo. NO WAY!!! I have seen them play on a number of occassions so can confidently say this! The conditions favour them, they have home advantage, and they are more solid than us at the back, BUT they will struggle to contain Konstantinou and Castillo, I guarantee that! The only question mark is our defence. Pantos does have pace, so if we can play with a high line up the pitch, with Pantos in a sweeping role (kind like when we beat Liverpool 1-0 at the Karaiskaki), we will cause them problems! However, if Sollied goes with a flat back 4 like against Valencia then our midfield will be forced back to protect the defence and it will be all Shakhter! But man for man we have a better team!

I believe this is THE opportunity ALL Greek fans are waiting for, to cheer the first ever osfp CL win away.

This is the result that will determine if osfp will get out of this group at all, assuming that a home win vs Shiktir... :P is a given.

KALH TYXH :gr:

PEACE

I heard on the radio that doctors intended to prevent Ribbo from going to Ukraine. However, he insisted on going there and there are hopes that he will be able to play.

This shows either that he is a great player with guts or (less likely) that Sollied tries to confuse our opponents.

On another note, Sollied didn't reveal the defense system he will use. We 'll see tomorrow.

Btw, CH, thanks for the moderation!

the best thing to do with olympiakos is to expect nothing at all! maybe you will be in for a surprise but at least you won t be disappointed.

Yeah but thats easier said than done! You could support Yeovil, if they're playing Milan away hope makes you expect! :(

man i think well tie 2 2 because i doubt we can stop them are defence is bad but i doubt they can stop kostadino and castillo. castillo is fast and their defence cant handle him. im just remembering stuff but u remember the goal he scored against real sociedad at hom tht was an awsom goal and lets hope for good results for greek teams and im happy for aek anderlecht is a good team and aek should of won the game they had way more chances :tup:

I 've heard today that probably Castillo will not be in the starting lineup. And Sollied emphasized that tie is a very good result. Therefore, if it it is true that Castillo won't start, we are going to show a more defensive formation, e.g. 4-4-2 with Ribbo and Konstantinou in the front and Maric (?) also starting.

It's rather final that Ouaddou won't play, I guess some guys here will be glad to hear it :D

Archived