Phantis Forums

Sotiris Kiriakos possible transfer to the reds

Montreal_Thrillos

Before the game vs Kalithea the fans voiced their opinion on him coming to us.

the answer was NO

Lets see what kokkali will do / respond

Why are the fans acting this way? On the one hand they want the best for the club on the other they won't have former PAO players?

Basinas would've been a wonderful addition to the squad but the fans blocked it, now we have a chance to improve our bullshit defence and the same problems begin? If the fans chanting 'NO' really cared about Olympiakos they'd welcome Soti with open arms! They don't have a problem signing Turks but they won't accept other Greeks because they played for PAO??? Ridiculous!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

guys is sotis the solution for our defence problems?????no way,is he the player that will improve our defence by himself?????no way.we can get someone a lot better so don t even sweat it.if some people don t like him is ok,management should do what is right for the team and what the coach needs.simply as that.the fans just said there opinion and i don t see a problem with that.

i wouldn't mind at all getting him for our defence. what i do mind is us getting only foreign players so far. i would love to see some more greek players in the team. and i think kyriakos would be a good addition to the defence. anatolakis, kostoulas, kapsis are all in the 30s and we need a player who will be able to take a spot right away.

u can't compare Basinas to Kyrigiakos

for starters Basinas wasn't needed in a team that had fullfill his position

Kyrgiakos on the other hand could be a nice solution to the club

we will be going the NT a favor and look he is at age 26 i believe

so he still got alot of prime years available

i mean i understand why the fans don't want him cause they are still bitter at him but that was quite a few seasons ago and time has passed since

i mean look we can't afford a defender that will anchor the defense but Soto will be a nice complimentary player but we will need to get another CB over the summer that is very good and both can prove to be quite solid

The Turkish scored your winning goal in your only won game in CL this year ;)

and a nice goal i mite add lol

but bak to Kyrgiakos

the fans opinion is important but the club can't allow the fans to dictate who we should sign

the management of the club needs to do wuts best for the club

we can't allow the emotion part of the decision to cloud the situation

i mean i understand why the fans don't want him cause they are still bitter at him but that was quite a few seasons ago and time has passed since

i mean look we can't afford a defender that will anchor the defense but Soto will be a nice complimentary player but we will need to get another CB over the summer that is very good and both can prove to be quite solid

Basinas is a top holding midfielder. He works hard, keeps the ball well and wins tackles early. We've never won away in Europe because we don't have central midfielders like Basinas. If we had Basinas in any of our away games this year I don't think we'd have lost.

Both Basinas and Kyriakos would have been excellent additions to the team but the fans blocked them both! Congratualtions to those who were protesting, you've managed to ensure another season of s%$#! in Euorpe coming up!

^^^

What's the problem with signing Turks?

Pes mou eise? O Ellinikos laos xehnaei efkola mou fenete. Otan figoun apo tin Kupro tote na tous filoxenoume. Diladi protimas na yemisi i omada Tourkous anti Ellinas pou eine proin Panathinaiki? Bravo sou! Eto yiati mia zoi mas gamoun!

File xalarwse giati ap'oti fainetai leipeis apo tin patrida polu kairo kai se exei epireasei!!! Ta pragmata exoun allaksei stin Ellada. Den exoume provlima me tous Tourkous, toulaxiston oxi me tous polites. Den eipa oti protimw Tourkous stin omada. Fusika kai protimw Ellines apo opoiondipote allo kseno. Ti se xalaei esena o enas Tourkos pou exete? Tha sumfwnisw oti einai ampallos pantws ;)

Basinas is a top holding midfielder. He works hard, keeps the ball well and wins tackles early. We've never won away in Europe because we don't have central midfielders like Basinas. If we had Basinas in any of our away games this year I don't think we'd have lost.

Both Basinas and Kyriakos would have been excellent additions to the team but the fans blocked them both! Congratualtions to those who were protesting, you've managed to ensure another season of s%$#! in Euorpe coming up!

actually the main reason why we haven't won away games in Europe is b/c of our central defenders

who time and time again choke in late game situations

i wasn't for basinas

i mean i have alot of respect for the man b/c he was one of the main reasons why we won Euro 2004

but since then he is on a decline hasn't played quite to expectation

as for Soto he is at his prime age like i said earlier

i mean he won't be the final solution to our defensive woes but he will be a step towards the right direction

Im not going to spend my time talking about this piece of s* :tdown:

He can't play soccer and is a walking time bomb :o

oooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssssssstttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Kyriako-GAIDARO coming to Olympiakos :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wait a minute guys? What's wrong w/ Kyriakos everyone? He's a solid defenseman and we definitely need him.. I don't give a damn about his background and what-not. What really matters is what he's going to bring to the club. I believe that he would be a great signing and I'm all for it...

Sorry fellas.... Just opinion

he is not bad but he is NOT the answer for our defence.we are going to need to bring more people if we want to get anywhere in europe.bar stop your comments about gay because your whole super dupper europe mega team was on there knees 3 weeks ago doing klarina again so hush boy.......

Wait a minute guys? What's wrong w/ Kyriakos everyone? He's a solid defenseman and we definitely need him.. I don't give a damn about his background and what-not. What really matters is what he's going to bring to the club. I believe that he would be a great signing and I'm all for it...

Sorry fellas.... Just opinion

If you really have a look at this guy he has NO soccer skills and all he does is intimediate the opposition with his size :tdown:

Everyone has their own views on this "moulari" but mine is lets hope we stay away from him.He is NOT the answer for our current weak defence :whistle:

I don't really see what the problem with Kurgiakos is.

I don't think he ever said anything provocative about Olympiakos.

He had a couple of bad moments in the derdies, but that's the way he plays the game so do many of our players.

You shouldn't forget that when he was young he quited football because he wouldn't yield to the Vardinogianides, he had to spend time with Agios Nikolaos to revive his career.

He is the type of defender that focuses on the player rather than the ball, similar to Anatolakis only better at that. It is a matter for the coaching staff to decide whether they want this type of defender, but it is obvious to me that they prefer that rather than defenders that focus on the ball otherwise they would have signed Dellas last summer.

He can also score goals in crucial moments which is a bonus.

simply because some people say that he isn't good, doesn't mean everybody is thinking like that. kyrgiakos is a very good cb and i think he would fit in very well in sollieds plans for the team. i heard though, that he isn't performing like last season. he has been sent off three times already.

maybe he might help us in europe, but if we play better i don't think it'll be just because of him. but at least he will win some championships over here too. ;) :P :P B)

I think Sollied has to be commended for wanting to bring Greeks into the squad. Typically, I think foreign coaches would want to bring in the players they know or players they know have a better work ethic than Greek football players.

Would it happen? Not sure. Kyrgiakos certainly hasn't been the player this year that he was last year. Then again, that could just be a reflection of the challenges Rangers have faced in the last year as well. They certainly haven't lived up to expectations.

At this point, who cares if he was an ex-PAO player. PAO sold him. They didn't want him. Done deal. Too much focus is placed on crap like that instead of the quality of the football being played. Look, if Soti's return improves the state of football in Greece, or improves Oly's chances of doing something credible in the CL, then why bust balls if they get him or if he chooses to come back to Greece and play for them.

Archived