Phantis Forums

Telos gia Otto

After the Georgia game on Wednesday Otto will officially announce his departure from our beloved Ethniki(SPORTNET.GR). It was a memorable four and a half years paidia and I have nothing but praise for Mr. Rehhagel, but it was quite evident that this team was going in the wrong direction. We are Euro Champs, and we will never forget what Otto did for Greek football, but his departure is not surprising . Word is that he will go back to Germany and coach Leverkusen. So, we thank you Otto for the memories, and raising Greek football to another level. :nw: :nw: Good luck in your future endeavours. Bring in Bayevic I say. What do you guys think?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the Georgia game on Wednesday Otto will officially announce his departure from our beloved Ethniki(SPORTNET.GR). It was a memorable four and a half years paidia and I have nothing but praise for Mr. Rehhagel, but it was quite evident that this team was going in the wrong direction. We are Euro Champs, and we will never forget what Otto did for Greek football, but his departure is not surprising . Word is that he will go back to Germany and coach Leverkusen. So, we thank you Otto for the memories, and raising Greek football to another level. :nw: :nw: Good luck in your future endeavours. Bring in Bayevic I say. What do you guys think?

i agree with everything except bajevic.........

we need someone like bajevic but not bajevic himself. With experience and knows the league.........Mantzourakis has done a great job at Xanthi...I say give him a chance...bring in some of the youth kids....I think we need a newer face......not one like Bajevic who many of the players have had him as a coach...

Bajevic is a very overrated coach at least recently.......OSFP won the double but seriously 2nd half of the year OSFP were terrible....they blew the 7 point lead, PAO caught up and eventually took 1st then OSFP stayed close because PAO blew the lead too at the end with the 0-0 draws.....as for the cup beating AEK was all they did impressive......OSFP got too lucky to make it to the semis because Kallithea was all over them the match before and Bartzokas was crap.....so it wasnt a completly dominant or particularly impressive double season, but yeah it was a double so some credit is due....but the year before that with AEK he had a great team but they struggled a lot....

i agree with everything except bajevic.........

we need someone like bajevic but not bajevic himself. With experience and knows the league.........Mantzourakis has done a great job at Xanthi...I say give him a chance...bring in some of the youth kids....I think we need a newer face......not one like Bajevic who many of the players have had him as a coach...

Bajevic is a very overrated coach at least recently.......OSFP won the double but seriously 2nd half of the year OSFP were terrible....they blew the 7 point lead, PAO caught up and eventually took 1st then OSFP stayed close because PAO blew the lead too at the end with the 0-0 draws.....as for the cup beating AEK was all they did impressive......OSFP got too lucky to make it to the semis because Kallithea was all over them the match before and Bartzokas was crap.....so it wasnt a completly dominant or particularly impressive double season, but yeah it was a double so some credit is due....but the year before that with AEK he had a great team but they struggled a lot....

VERY WELL SAID DRAKOS13!!

:nw: :tup:

otto has been in charge since august 2001 so it's been just over 4 years in charge and i think 4 years is the limit for any coach to coach any team.

as for a new coach, as long as he's not a greek i'll be happy or if he is greek then we better hope he's not the half-brother of gagatsis wife's second cousin, in other words, not an inside job, cos if it is then were back to the dark ages of greek football.

for replacement w/ a greek coach i'm thinking of otto's assistant topaliadis, seems like a natural choice.

a foreign coach i'm thinking of didier deshamps, led monaco to the champions league final a few years ago.

I said Bayevic as a suggestion since he has been around Greek football, and you cannot say Matzourakis over Bayevic. Come on, Matzourakis was at the helms at OSFP and did nothing. Bayevic has had success in the League, and knows European football (Champions League). I don't know about anyone else but a big name coach that could come in to coach, but who is willing to come in and build the new breed Ethniki? Pittmann13, I know you hate all things OSFP, but you tell me who could come in at the moment and coach. I have said why Bayevic should, and this is my opinion. What is yours? And do not convince me that Otto will stay. Read page at Sportnet.gr, and then get facts straight before you say "No Otto will stay". I also heard the same on Antenna Satellite. So there must be some truth to this report.

It seems rather strange that Otto's departure was announced BEFORE our game against Georgia. Normally I would expect for the last qualifying game to finish for Otto to make any announcements.

Let's see tomorrow's newspapers. If they have a consensus or not!

PS People please! Don't even joke about Bajevic in our NT. It's not even remotely funny

maybe if we get lucky and get into the playoffs King Otto will be done.

but in all seriousness Thank YOU king Otto u gave life to Greek soccer

before u were here nobody gave two shits about the National team

the players nor the fans

u begged for the fans to come to the games to support it took a while but when u got your program going everything fell into the right place

we had a great journey in Portugal and should have ended it in Germany but we didn't

but this doesn't take anything away from your efforts

u will always beloved by Greece

Zito KING OTTO

now since we are acknowledging Otto leaving us

somebody in here mentioned Bajevic

and right away he gets negativity

i mean seriously wut as the guy every done to Greek soccer

he has been on 3 Clubs and turned them around for the most part

he got European experience

but unfortunately the reason i don't think Bajevic should take this job is b/c of the ppl in here who will hate Bajevic and won't give him a chance

unfortunately the next coach will be under a dark shadow any failure and your gone

if Otto stayed on he would have been forever immune from anything

but if i were the Greek federation take a long look at Bajevic he knows Greece better then anybody else and u can't say no to that statement

now since we are acknowledging Otto leaving us

somebody in here mentioned Bajevic

and right away he gets negativity

i mean seriously wut as the guy every done to Greek soccer

he has been on 3 Clubs and turned them around for the most part

he got European experience

but unfortunately the reason i don't think Bajevic should take this job is b/c of the ppl in here who will hate Bajevic and won't give him a chance

unfortunately the next coach will be under a dark shadow any failure and your gone

if Otto stayed on he would have been forever immune from anything

but if i were the Greek federation take a long look at Bajevic he knows Greece better then anybody else and u can't say no to that statement

he knows about out greece...but did otto no about greece...no..but he is for the most part a confident, nowledgable, tacticial who has a good euroean history...yeah bajevic has european history...but its not really good...the thing against bajevic is that he is not a good tactician..his mentality will not fit into the greek mentality...you wonder why he was fired from 3 jobs in greece...i think signing him on would be a grave mistake and he wouldnt last more then a year...

Guest Protathlitis

MAKRIA APO THN ETHNIKI OMADA DOUSKO

I hope on wednesday we hear massive chants from all the stadium:

OTTO REHAGGLE.....OTTO REHAGGLE.........OTTO REHAGGLE

Did Otto say anything or is it speculation ? Yesterday on Supersport the folks felt that he would be staying.

As for a replacement, it has to be a foreigner. The problem with a Greek coach will be the politics that will for sure determine who gets selected and who plays. An outsider with no ties to any one team will be more free even if he will be under some influence from EPO.

Don't know who is out there but I would go for a coach who preaches discipline and who promotes youth.

greeksoccerfanatic,, my friend, i have nothin to say reg 2 the 'new' coach... otherwise i would have said it.... trust me.... but i fear 4 the worst!!!!

sorry 2 disapoint u dude.

as stated befoe i was/am sure that we would qualify but didnt have in mind the euro basket... its all interelated (dont try 2 change my opinion)... i elpida petheni teleftea....

protathliti....gabip kie dernis maga mu... (and commin from a gavros it counts twice in my book naoum.... sostosssssssss)

That is why some in here are clueless about Greek football in saying the Dusan would not fit the Ethniki. You guys (Protathlitis, Pittman, and Pao123) would more or less like to see a Iordanescu type come in, rather than Bayevic? Someone said Matzouraki, and even Deschamps. You can't be serious. I know Pao fans have a vendetta against everything Olympiakos, so I would like you to list down who you would like to see as the coach of our Ethniki. Even you Protathlitis, since you are a true Gavro? but dont want Bayevic as coach. Name one good reason why he shouldnt be. Olympiakos11 said it best that Bayevic knows Greece, and has expierience in Europe. And yes he was fired 'let go' at Thrylos, and AEK...but he did do not do any harm as coach at whatever club he was at. And with a little less m alakia (our players choked) that Olympiakos pulled off at Anfield last season in Champions League, Bayevic would still be coach at Thrylos.

ade pali....

what u do with your little stupid team, does not concern us... ok?

we need some new blood as a coach... i say...

now, who will be crazy enough to get involved with us.... DONT KNOW... i didnt even finish school ok? :LOL:

ps. so far ive heard paparies in this thread... but hey... we have democracy....so....

DEN STAMATO NA TRAGUDO POTE!!!!!

I said Bayevic as a suggestion since he has been around Greek football, and you cannot say Matzourakis over Bayevic. Come on, Matzourakis was at the helms at OSFP and did nothing. Bayevic has had success in the League, and knows European football (Champions League). I don't know about anyone else but a big name coach that could come in to coach, but who is willing to come in and build the new breed Ethniki? Pittmann13, I know you hate all things OSFP, but you tell me who could come in at the moment and coach. I have said why Bayevic should, and this is my opinion. What is yours? And do not convince me that Otto will stay. Read page at Sportnet.gr, and then get facts straight before you say "No Otto will stay". I also heard the same on Antenna Satellite. So there must be some truth to this report.

i agree---but matzourakis has a good system going with Xanthi and im curious given another chance what he can do big......

about bajevic yeah hes sort of what we want but we need someone like him but Not actually Him. We need a coach that the players dont know yet, that will put faith into, Bajevic is known and is more of a temporary solution by teams, and im not sure what the players will think from otto to.....dusan......i just cant take the guy that seriously and i think the players need someone whose respect they have to fight for, also Dusan didnt seem to me like a guy with faith in youth......hell use what he knows, and i cant see him having any success with us at all...its time for him to try his chances with a lower table club and stay there for a few years....im also worried he will use only osfp/aek players, not that thats a big deal but the real greek upcoming talent is on Panathinaikos. Even an OSFP will admit that. with Darlas, Mantzios, Papadopoulos, Gkekas, Tziolis, Leontiou these guys deserve real chances.........when Pap returns to form we need him for the ethniki badly......with Fyssas injured Darlas has been PAOs best player lately....great for the elpides too....

I honestly dont think a foreign coach will work this time. If we get a big name, such as voller or someone their instinct will be to put players that play for major teams.....i beleive greece has some players worthy of wearing blue outside the top 3 and europe......and its time to give just give them a chance...

Archived