Phantis Forums

August 25th drawing for C.L.

NYC_Olympiakos

guys time is running out on the drawing

i think its very important to get a draw that we all feel confident about

last year i felt that way but it ended up breaking my heart towards the end

anywayz the goal here is to avoid the so called big teams

Real Madrid, Ac Milan, Inter, Juventus, Bayern Munich, and all English teams cause Greek teams basically suk against them especially away

i have also seen the teams that have entered this group stage

many of them that i have never heard of

so hopefully we can get one of these so called smaller teams

off course everything still depends upon Olympiakos

My ideal group as always :

Liverpool

Villareal

OLYMPIACOS

Thun

Oh how I can dream :/

Just for referrance :

POT 1

Pos. Club: Coeff:

1 Real Madrid CF (ESP) 131.326

2 AC Milan (ITA) 121.191

3 FC Barcelona (ESP) 117.326

4 Liverpool FC (ENG, holders) 115.864

5 Manchester United FC (ENG) 110.864

6 FC Internazionale Milano (ITA) 101.191

7 FC Bayern München (GER) 97.166

8 Arsenal FC (ENG) 93.864

POT 2

Pos: Club: Coeff:

9 FC Porto (POR) 93.739

10 Juventus FC (ITA) 93.191

11 PSV Eindhoven (NED) 84.145

12 Olympique Lyonnais (FRA) 81.324

13 Panathinaikos FC (GRE) 70.715

14 Chelsea FC (ENG) 68.864

15 Villarreal CF (ESP) 58.326

16 AFC Ajax (NED) 52.145

POT 3

17 Club Brugge KV (BEL) 50.476

18 RSC Anderlecht (BEL) 47.476

19 Olympiacos CFP (GRE) 46.715

20 FC Schalke 04 (GER) 44.166

21 AC Sparta Praha (CZE) 43.223

22 LOSC Lille Métropole (FRA) 41.324

23 Rangers FC (SCO) 40.476

24 Werder Bremen (GER) 40.166

POT 4

25 SL Benfica (POR) 36.739

26 Rosenborg BK (NOR) 36.665

27 Real Betis Balompié (ESP) 34.326

28 Udinese Calcio (ITA) 30.191

29 Fenerbahçe SK (TUR) 23.872

30 SK Rapid Wien (AUT) 15.208

31 FC Thun (SUI) 6.887

32 FC Artmedia Bratislava (SVK) 4.850

Manchester United

Ajax

Osfp

fener :LOL: (6 points guarantee)

hmmm it will be interesting. I am a firm believer in our team and looking at the positive side of things. If we play well then progress is in our hands regardless of who's in our group. Last season we were tipped to finish bottom and we were pipped by 1 goal against the eventual winners.

However saying that, a favourable draw might go something like this:

Liverpool/Arsenal ( I fu<king hate English clubs)

Porto (We've played before and their style suits us)

THRYLOS

FC Artmedia Bratislava or FC Thun (No offence to these clubs, I just think they're probably the weakest)

I agree with Olympiakos11 in that we don't perform against the big name clubs like Real and the fu<king English clubs. But what other option do you have from Pool A? aside from Liverpull and Arshole??

I disagree with having Villareal as a group opponent. This team has class all over the pitch. Their style might suit us to play against, but when they're playing at their best they can beat anyone in the world. Best to avoid. I'd take Porto. I reckon they have over achieved in the recent past and we can have them.

On the other hand, a potential "horror" draw would be like this:

Barcelona

Chelsea (I know they're English, but they have pedigree all over the pitch and they're hard to beat. Beating them would make me laugh so hard though!)

THRYLOS

Udinese

euxomai kali epitixia gia prokrisi.

Rather difficult, but when is it not in this tournament ?

Real is Real, no need for discussion. Lyon had a change of coach Le Guen who took them deep into the competition last season, but although they might have lost their director, they've held onto the same core of players and signed a handfull as well. I think we can agree that Rosenborg isn't the same Rosenborg of the past either.

Good news is that on the first Matchday, we face the nords at home. And if we are still in the race for the top 2 spots by day 6, we finish with the big boys at home.

Matchday 1: OLYMPIAKOS - Rosenborg

Matchday 2: Real Madrid - OLYMPIAKOS

Matchday 3: Lyon - OLYMPIAKOS

Matchday 4: OLYMPIAKOS - Lyon

Matchday 5: Rosenborg - OLYMPIAKOS

Matchday 6: OLYMPIAKOS - Real Madrid

I think the "for sure" points will be against Rosenborg. They are always beatable and having Sollied should give Oly an advantage over the Norwegians.

Lyon and Real. That's a different story and it's hard to remain optimistic about playing them. Mind you, Rivaldo might come up with a super game...especially against Real..so you never know.

You have an easier draw than PAO (again <_< :( ) but you've made some upgrades over the offseason that'll give you a chance to get out of this group.

You should get the 6 points against Rosenborg (home and away).

Lyon have a new coach and sold their best player to Chelsea. I think you can take 3 points from them at home, as for the away leg...good luck :whistle: .

Real Madrid, I hope you beat them simply becuase they're probably the most overpriced piece of crap in the world. Again beat them at home, and hopefully, you can get a draw away.

If you can get 10 points, you can make it out of this group, I think Real and Lyon will take some points from each other and that'll oopen it up for you to sneak in.

Good luck. :gr:

As for the ESPN2 TV Coverage in the USA, ESPN2 will also show 1 live game per day (2 per week) this year. Hopefully, we can see a Greek team live in the USA. The chances are there, as PAO also play Barca (as well as Werder Bremen and Udinese) in the group stage.

FORZA ELLAS!!! :tup: :nw: :box: :gr: :gr:

Rosenborg is always dangerous but this year they aren't really impressive - in Norway's 2005 season they are only 9th & eight games before the end they trail leaders IK Start by 17 pts. Also they defeated Protasov's Steaua by only 1 goal (4-3 on agg.) to advance in the group stage.

Solied surely knows Rosenborg very well & he could easily find a way of getting six-points against them.

If you get those 6 pts then it will be 50:50 with Lyon for the second place - they have Carew but have lost Essien & the coach Le Guen - they eliminated Oly in 2000/01 when you only needed a point from the last game in France but they beat you 1-0 & got 2nd place - maybe now it's payback time.

Rivaldo will be insipred in the Real games - scored many goals against them playing for Deportivo & Barcelona, even scored once at the Bernabeu for Milan 2 years ago - so I think you have a chance of getting a good result in Pireas.

This time you have a better chance of progressing than Panathinaikos - 3rd place is the minimum for Oly in this kind of group.

lets be realistic here

right now we are looking at the Uefa cup spot

but there is a great chance for us to advance in C.L.

i am satisfied with playing Rosenborg first at Karaiskaki i think this game will show ho we play in C.L.

we will have our fans behind us so no let down for sure

but we must win

the key to advancing is beating Rosenborg both home and away

Pao failed from that last season and that was the difference between C.L. and Uefa

Olympiakos also underestimated them quite a few seasons ago so we must learn from our mistakes we must get our first C.L. away against them we have too

with the money Real Madrid spent and there great history they will win the group

the fight is against Olympique Lyons

if we beat them at home and draw away

now Real will be tough and i just hope the team just comes out and plays against them

but we now go with Sollied in these away games not the Greek minded type coaches we had in away games

please put us on ESPN

Olympiakos#1

You have an easier draw than PAO (again <_< :( ) but you've made some upgrades over the offseason that'll give you a chance to get out of this group.

You should get the 6 points against Rosenborg (home and away).

Lyon have a new coach and sold their best player to Chelsea. I think you can take 3 points from them at home, as for the away leg...good luck :whistle: .

Real Madrid, I hope you beat them simply becuase they're probably the most overpriced piece of crap in the world. Again beat them at home, and hopefully, you can get a draw away.

If you can get 10 points, you can make it out of this group, I think Real and Lyon will take some points from each other and that'll oopen it up for you to sneak in.

Good luck. :gr:

As for the ESPN2 TV Coverage in the USA, ESPN2 will also show 1 live game per day (2 per week) this year. Hopefully, we can see a Greek team live in the USA. The chances are there, as PAO also play Barca (as well as Werder Bremen and Udinese) in the group stage.

FORZA ELLAS!!! :tup: :nw: :box: :gr: :gr:

to be honest i completely agree about having an easier group. but since it is champions league everything can happen. even us making our first away victory!!

real will be difficult in both matches, but it is possible to win against them at home. rosenborg we just have to beat at home and also fight our way to our first away victory. lyon should be beatable at home. and at least a draw away.

6 points against rosenborg

4 points against lyonl

1 point against real

if we can get these results we should be able to get through.

Man I think we are both doomed.

I just hope Osfp will do better because of Solid. But don't even dare to think Lion is easy.

And it could be worst to have Rozeborg as the 4th team because they will loose easily even at home. Remeber what happen to Pao last season.

As for Pao anything is possible from finising 2nd to 4th.

That's a big plus!!!

Real Madrid will have probably clinched by then and might be sending reserves to Greece! :)

dont u mean we will have advanced

we will be playing our reserves since we will be champs of the group and madrid will need to beat our reserves to get the uefa spot ?

Lwishful thinking

i just wanna play agains lyon this time soo bad cus in 2000 was soo damm close when we beat them at our home and than we went there the stupid ref called our goals off ...

but this year is gonan be toufgh hope we make it second round

A little confidence, people!

What were we expecting in the group stage?

Kerkyra

Rangers FC

and Wigan Athletic

Real is probably already looking at the quarters, but why can't we take some confidence from AEK? Who a few seasons ago dared to draw twice against them and even came back from 2 goals in the Bernabeu.

Rosenborg humiliated us 5 - 1 a few years ago but they're not in the form these days. Lyon is the dark horse here. They spanked Werder last champions league but again they're sort of in trnasition with a coach change and losing Essien. They will be very very tough. They are the French team of the last few years.

If we finish 2nd to Real then I wouldn't be suprised. However I say dev gamiountai oi galacticos and their policy of buying nearly every world superstar. They need a little humiliation. When Barca won the league last year, I think most people were secretly happy with that.

kali epitixeia gia ton Thrylo!!!

Guys Guys Guys,.....

We're talking about our team here....

Olympiacos has a great squad and alot of things can change from the time that the 1st match day begins to the last match day.

One thing that we need to focus on is just having good games through-out the group stage. I trully believe that we're capable of finishing 1st. Yep! I really think so.

Real Madrid at the moment isn't flying in all cylinders. Yeah they have the talent, but recently they just haven't been the team that we all know. We know that they are going to score goals, but their defense is VERY LEAKY.. Olympiacos now as good strikers in their roster and that's going to give them HELL! A win and loss is what I'm predicting here

Lyon - Well their French... If our defense can stop them from really putting an attack together they are going to be terrible. Now that they lost their main man it's not the same Lyon that we've been seeing the past 3-4 yrs. A draw and win is do-able here

Finally Rosenborg.... Well they are Norwegian and Norwegian soccer isn't like Greek soccer at all. We have the much better 11 on the field, and 6 points can definitely happen. If we get out of there w/ 3 plus 1 that's not so bad either. Don't forget everyone... Spanish Clubs don't do well in cold! & Rosenborg could open the 1st place gate for us.

Archived