Phantis Forums

August 25th drawing for C.L.

NYC_Olympiakos

i just wanna play agains lyon this time soo bad cus in 2000 was soo damm close when we beat them at our home and than we went there the stupid ref called our goals off ...

but this year is gonan be toufgh hope we make it second round

don't even remind me about that game

wut a fixed game that was

if i remember correctly they called our goals offside which was bull

and they even got rid of our coach during that game and red card a player as well

but both teams have changed since then

the only similarity is we are both champions of our respected leagues

Guys Guys Guys,.....

We're talking about our team here....

Olympiacos has a great squad and alot of things can change from the time that the 1st match day begins to the last match day.

One thing that we need to focus on is just having good games through-out the group stage. I trully believe that we're capable of finishing 1st. Yep! I really think so.

Real Madrid at the moment isn't flying in all cylinders. Yeah they have the talent, but recently they just haven't been the team that we all know. We know that they are going to score goals, but their defense is VERY LEAKY.. Olympiacos now as good strikers in their roster and that's going to give them HELL! A win and loss is what I'm predicting here

Lyon - Well their French... If our defense can stop them from really putting an attack together they are going to be terrible. Now that they lost their main man it's not the same Lyon that we've been seeing the past 3-4 yrs. A draw and win is do-able here

Finally Rosenborg.... Well they are Norwegian and Norwegian soccer isn't like Greek soccer at all. We have the much better 11 on the field, and 6 points can definitely happen. If we get out of there w/ 3 plus 1 that's not so bad either. Don't forget everyone... Spanish Clubs don't do well in cold! & Rosenborg could open the 1st place gate for us.

to me thats great thinking and lots of positivity and confidence

but lets stick to reality here

Real Madrid may not be the club of a few years back but they did upgrade there squad considerably in the offseason

Olympiakos won't be winning 1-0 every game at Karaiskaki

we now have to score goals

last year we only scored 5 goals

i mean that won't be enough this season

my fear is that our lack of overall team speed might hurt us

anywayz for us to progress we need to get 11 points out of our group

we all know we finished with 10 points last season (i think we were the second team to do so w/o progression)

now my estimates go like this

Lyon and Olympiakos will be fighting for second place

English experts like they always are picking LYon b.c of Hollier wut a suprise lol

but Lyon is really good but i really think were better

they do have alot of speed something that we truly lack but i feel we got a better team overall

anywayz we beat them at home and draw away =4 points

Rosenborg is the team everybody wants to just beat on

my feeling is they will suprise somebody in our group and God willing it can't be us

i feel that they will somehow screw Lyon just my feeling

we should win both games home and away

and yes i do mean away which will be our first every win away in C.L.

Sollied will prepare us he is norwegian and will gear them up for the cold

it won't be that bullshit Greek mentality in away games no more i hope

6= Points from Rosenborg

Real Madrid is very interesting

i would love to say we beat them away but lets all be realistic here

will lose probably but i don't want the classic 4-0 ass whooping

the draw at Karaiskaki will be most interesting since many believe by then Real will have the first place all locked up so many would think they will have there reserves

but i will say a draw just b/c if Real

Real=1 point

6+4+1=11 which means qualification

such a simple formula to make up only thing to do now is to complete it

with some luck something we don't have so far in C.l. we will be in the round of 16

Olympiakos#1

to make a bad thing worse :angry:

I just read in a brazilian site that Fred, my own Cruzeiro's striker and star no. 1 is coming to Lion

As if it not difficult enohgh wuih Juninho the Pernambucano, Cris an Cacapa and al the others

Fred is top scprrer of the Brzilerao, has a 0.78 goal for game average and can improve it with the likes of Juninho behind

He is very quick and good with both legs, head also

Well, Rivaldo agains the rest of Brazil, beginning with those of PAO tomorrow

I am not the best optimist in th world today{ I hope it is just me and i will be happy to be proven all wrong

Geovani BTW is making wonders in Santos , make the people there to forget Robinho and Santos advanced on the table to be only 2 points after the leader corinthians

Good for him, samba in the port of Santos, ;et us hope for the best for this Port

to make a bad thing worse :angry:

I just read in a brazilian site that Fred, my own Cruzeiro's striker and star no. 1 is coming to Lion

As if it not difficult enohgh wuih Juninho the Pernambucano, Cris an Cacapa and al the others

Fred is top scprrer of the Brzilerao, has a 0.78 goal for game average and can improve it with the likes of Juninho behind

He is very quick and good with both legs, head also

Well, Rivaldo agains the rest of Brazil, beginning with those of PAO tomorrow

I am not the best optimist in th world today{ I hope it is just me and i will be happy to be proven all wrong

Geovani BTW is making wonders in Santos , make the people there to forget Robinho and Santos advanced on the table to be only 2 points after the leader corinthians

Good for him, samba in the port of Santos, ;et us hope for the best for this Port

how the hell don't we never get some young promising player out of Brazil ?

i know every club in the world scouts there but u would think we still have a shot or two of getting one lol

anywayz is our defense holds up will be just fine

my feeling is they will suprise somebody in our group and God willing it can't be us

It is not my feeling that rosenborg will beat Lyon. Rosenborg has a severe fear of french teams, and has lost 0-5 against lyon before. rosenborg is counting on 2 points in CL this year, at home, versus you and real madrid.

But it will be hard, like you said it's bad for us that you have Sollied as coach. He is our ex-coach, and was co-trainer when we beat you 5-1 last time we met. (same year we also beat real madrid 2-0 at home, that's probably why we are more scared of the french.)

peace

It is not my feeling that rosenborg will beat Lyon. Rosenborg has a severe fear of french teams, and has lost 0-5 against lyon before. rosenborg is counting on 2 points in CL this year, at home, versus you and real madrid.

But it will be hard, like you said it's bad for us that you have Sollied as coach. He is our ex-coach, and was co-trainer when we beat you 5-1 last time we met. (same year we also beat real madrid 2-0 at home, that's probably why we are more scared of the french.)

peace

listen when we lost to u guys 5-1 we were in shambles then

coach was out if i remember right, players injured and u were at the height of your game

all excuses but i give u the credit for whooping our butts

but this time it will be different

we will be prepared but we have to worry about u guys coming to Karaiskaki first

if i am correct Rosenborg came to Athens last year to kick off their C.L. group stage game v Pao

u guys played a very hard fought 2-1 loss to the Greens when u were clearly unlucky that night

well were not the Greens were Olympiakos and granted we are pretty bad in away fixtures but one of the best teams when we are at home with Thyrlos behind us

hopefully Olympiakos will start this campaign with a flying start and a butt whooping to Rosenborg

Lets go Olympiakos

You are well informed.

That match in Athen last year was actually our best in last years CL, if you look at the play... and this year we're even worse. we're fighting against relegation in the home league.. it's unreal... on paper the team should be good, but they have no stamina anymore. They've lost 8 of the last 11 domestic matches and all the last 4.

I'm worried about rivaldo. and I remember you had some impressive results in the start of last years CL, you lead the group for a while there, didn't you?

I'd say we should be pretty pleased if we loose with only one goal.

wow a rosenberg fan, pretty cool. so you guys are having a bad year eh??? i guess thats good news for us, although in the champions league we always find a way to lose to teams we should beat. heerenven, macabi haifa. anyways, can you tell us about sollied cause we really dont know anything about him. how good of a coach is he really? and btw, nice having you in our room and good luck in all your matches against real and lyon.

You are well informed.

That match in Athen last year was actually our best in last years CL, if you look at the play... and this year we're even worse. we're fighting against relegation in the home league.. it's unreal... on paper the team should be good, but they have no stamina anymore. They've lost 8 of the last 11 domestic matches and all the last 4.

I'm worried about rivaldo. and I remember you had some impressive results in the start of last years CL, you lead the group for a while there, didn't you?

I'd say we should be pretty pleased if we loose with only one goal.

basically we lead throughout the entire c.l. stage till the very last day when we blew it too Liverpool

very pain ful but they went on to win the whole dam thing

and blew up in everybody else's faces Milan knows very well about that

suprised u guys are doing so bad in your league

but our team can't afford to get complacent

its going to be tough in all our c.l. games period

Unfortunatly, we have ony played one official match thus far this season and with the week off in the ALPHA div it doesnt help us one bit. For good or for worse we finally play our 2nd matchday against Panionios two days before Rosenborg come to town.

anyways, can you tell us about sollied cause we really dont know anything about him. how good of a coach is he really?

Hi, thank you for a nice welcome!

About Sollied

as a player:

played in Rosenborgs mid-defend, good club-player, good on the head, calm in important matches. I had a hole in my door for many years due to the celebrations when sollied scored the decisive goal in our 1985 championchips. :tup:

as a trainer:

started in bodoe-glimt, above the polar circle (= COLD and SNOW most of the year). he trained them in one season, 1993, won the cup and got a 2.place in the series, still their best season ever.

then he stayed with rosenborg till 1998, first as assistant and then coach. we won the championships all those years and performed well in europe. still our best period ever. :tup:

then he went to genk or gent or something, small belgian club, and I think even they made it better than ever with sollied as coach.

then he went to brugge, dont know much details about that period, exept one year he said he would quit if they didn't make it to the CL and then they drew dortmund in the qualification... but they still made it, luckily for sollied.

he is un-norwegian in that sense he has the same kind of self-confidence as Mourinho and he don't care wether you like him or not. he likes to play offensive, passes should go forward not sideways, and he likes to have a tall forward as target-man.

He has never been sacked. Both Rosenborg and Norway national team has tried to buy him several times the past years, but he is too expensive. But maybe when you sack him, I hear you have a tradition for that... :whistle:

this is true, but i think that if he manages to stick around , and if he can talk our president into listening to his transfer requests, then i think he can have a great run with us, and i'm talking about europe and greece. the only problem is that our president is very hard headed, and even though he is a great president and spends money, he doesn't know too much about soccer yet he feels the need to make decisions and become involved with the team. sollied wanted iversen and mpenza and dragutinovic and our prsident threw away money for bulut nad dani. and both will probablly end up being subs that make more than 800,000 a year. thats the only thing that worries me.

before we praise Sollied let him actually earn his approval

yeah we scored 2 goals v Pao

but Pao isn't that good defensively and we sputtered for the most part offensively

off course u have to take into account that Olympiakos wasn't in real form due to its first game

and the fact that they were away and played more of a defensive system

we will see in the coming weeks how good Sollied really is

• 2 weeks later...

Real lost at home today against Celta Vigo, 2-3 B)

Ronaldo and Baptista the scorers.

well many like me thought that Real will put forth a better season unlike its last 2 seasons

they struggled with there first game winning 2-1 against a newly prompted team and now losing to another newly promopted team but a real good one for that matter in Celta

off course Olympiakos has enough to worry about then Real Madrid at the moment

we have to worry about Rosenborg lets see how we do against them before we rate our team v Real

plus we play Real in about a month time so they have time to fix there mistakes

Olympiakos just worry about yourself and wut is at hand.

Beat Rosenborg and beat them good and then we can worry about Real

Archived