Phantis Forums

World Class

Spears

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey man you must be out of your mind thinking that you can win a European cup and not be called World class. Next thing in the Summer if we win the Mini Mundial Trophy are you still not going to be convinced because our players havn't got foreing names. Please man wake up and see for yourshelf some Pao players getting respect from wining titles many supposingly superstars never even dreamt of.

As for Gonzales he was called in the Mixed stars Cup alosgside Zagoraki.

As for Olisadebe he took Poland to the world cup with multiple goals when he was healthy

Hengrisen and Michaelsen represented Denmark in the World Cup

Munch was declared 3 years ago the defensive player of the year in Germany

Scachel belongs to the grazy good Check Republic team

Samartean right now is nothing but could play to any team in the world if he was healthy

And I am only talking about a few current players that poped up to mi mind for the cuple last years, because almost every Pao player belongs to a national team in Grecce or abroad and that should be enough when you represent your country you are World class Unless of course you are Abania or Feroe Islands...

first of all, read what i wrote "current roster" not past... sure our euro team does have "super stars" not debating that!!!

as for our current line up, please man jst because u play for your county once or twice doesnt mean shi-t..... e.g

As for Gonzales he was called in the Mixed stars Cup alosgside Zagoraki. <<<----- your point is?? this means nothing at all, wake up n smell the cheese he hasnt done nothing yet that brings him up to the standard of "world class"

As for Olisadebe he took Poland to the world cup with multiple goals when he was healthy <------- so?? he was a good player ill give u that but not "world class" and now his carrer is over!!!

Hengrisen and Michaelsen represented Denmark in the World Cup <------- just because ur represent your county doesnt mean your "world class" because if that was the case then everyone is world class

Munch was declared 3 years ago the defensive player of the year in Germany <<<-------- i think you made that one up lol (show me proof) and even "if" thats true doesnt mean s%$#!!! im mean acording to you his not world class coz he hasnt even played for his country!!!!

Scachel belongs to the grazy good Check Republic team <<<---------- his shi t!! how can you even mention his name!!!

Samartean right now is nothing but could play to any team in the world if he was healthy <<-------------- yeh real world class champion right here :LOL:

When we talk about world class my friend we talk about players who r like Maradona, sheera, pela, Shevchenko, Even Rivaldo back in his glory days not F-ucking Scachel or sanmartean!!!!

why dnt u mention maric as world class his played for croatia alot of time :LOL:

This is why this thread is a joke guys, we have potentials like gonzo and kostantinou however no world class players except for the has been rivaldo....

And will see the truth when he actually goes to these so called big clubs... :whistle:

Where do u think hes going to go!!! THis guy can play on any team my friend... You will see he has five games left if the offer is not on the table we will talk then... Mr Bayevic is dying to have him in his squad......I dont think Olisadebe and Bykovski or Papadopoulos will cut it next year for the Greens... By far the MVP of the Greek league and for the green..

Hey man you must be out of your mind thinking that you can win a European cup and not be called World class. Next thing in the Summer if we win the Mini Mundial Trophy are you still not going to be convinced because our players havn't got foreing names. Please man wake up and see for yourshelf some Pao players getting respect from wining titles many supposingly superstars never even dreamt of.

As for Gonzales he was called in the Mixed stars Cup alosgside Zagoraki.

As for Olisadebe he took Poland to the world cup with multiple goals when he was healthy

Hengrisen and Michaelsen represented Denmark in the World Cup

Munch was declared 3 years ago the defensive player of the year in Germany

Scachel belongs to the grazy good Check Republic team

Samartean right now is nothing but could play to any team in the world if he was healthy

And I am only talking about a few current players that poped up to mi mind for the cuple last years, because almost every Pao player belongs to a national team in Grecce or abroad and that should be enough when you represent your country you are World class Unless of course you are Abania or Feroe Islands...

first of all, read what i wrote "current roster" not past... sure our euro team does have "super stars" not debating that!!!

as for our current line up, please man jst because u play for your county once or twice doesnt mean shi-t..... e.g

As for Gonzales he was called in the Mixed stars Cup alosgside Zagoraki. <<<----- your point is?? this means nothing at all, wake up n smell the cheese he hasnt done nothing yet that brings him up to the standard of "world class"

As for Olisadebe he took Poland to the world cup with multiple goals when he was healthy <------- so?? he was a good player ill give u that but not "world class" and now his carrer is over!!!

Hengrisen and Michaelsen represented Denmark in the World Cup <------- just because ur represent your county doesnt mean your "world class" because if that was the case then everyone is world class

Munch was declared 3 years ago the defensive player of the year in Germany <<<-------- i think you made that one up lol (show me proof) and even "if" thats true doesnt mean s%$#!!! im mean acording to you his not world class coz he hasnt even played for his country!!!!

Scachel belongs to the grazy good Check Republic team <<<---------- his shi t!! how can you even mention his name!!!

Samartean right now is nothing but could play to any team in the world if he was healthy <<-------------- yeh real world class champion right here :LOL:

When we talk about world class my friend we talk about players who r like Maradona, sheera, pela, Shevchenko, Even Rivaldo back in his glory days not F-ucking Scachel or sanmartean!!!!

why dnt u mention maric as world class his played for croatia alot of time :LOL:

This is why this thread is a joke guys, we have potentials like gonzo and kostantinou however no world class players except for the has been rivaldo....

henriksen was world class when he was at his best!

Henriksen not only started but was denmarks captain...

Henriksen was world class in his prime. The captain of Denmark always a classy guy who never cause any trouble. We should definately keep him on as a coach. He has one of the best minds in football. They call him "the computer" in Denmark. Rene stay with us :nw:

Hollywood I am talking about our roster up to 2 years back. Just for you to know to me Panathinaikos is a team with world class players. Actually the current team is on a down in comparisson to 2-3 years ago, but if you check the uefa standings you will see Panathinaikos up there in the 15 best teams in the world.

for instance in this years chapions league we were put in the draw in the 2nd leg of out of the four legs based on the team's dynamic in the european cups.

You said that to you world class are players like Maradona. Then my frient you should go to a topic with teams like Milan, Real, Barcelona, Manchester United etc and not Panathinaikos were the entire team's sallary is less than what one player makes in one of the big teams. And as for Rivaldo he used to be world class but isn't any more if you want current standings.

For Munch check it up you have internet access

for Olisadebe he was voted as the fifth best player in the world the year Poland made it to the world cup.

You said that to you world class are players like Maradona. Then my frient you should go to a topic with teams like Milan, Real, Barcelona, Manchester United etc and not Panathinaikos were the entire team's sallary is less than what one player makes in one of the big teams. And as for Rivaldo he used to be world class but isn't any more if you want current standings.

For Munch check it up you have internet access

for Olisadebe he was voted as the fifth best player in the world the year Poland made it to the world cup.

we cant agree because were both arguing different point...

ur saying the pao from two years and onwards were world class while im stating the current roster which isnt....

ur Definition of world class is someone who is a good player and is consistant e.g munch... mine is someone who is such a great player that from years to come people will still b talking about the heroic things he did or still remember there name.. e.g Maradona

so there is no point in arguing with u my friend coz were both arguing different points...

as for that cheap comment :tdown: reffering me to support a big name team instead of pao because of my view of what world class is, ill let it slide.....

Guest Protathlitis

hollywood, its pretty hard to argue when the definition is not agreed on a particular phrase

how much to they have to have done to be world class?

I think your definition of world class is different from most people; is clarence seedorf world class? is Veron world class? rio ferdinand, roy keane, emerson?

hollywood, its pretty hard to argue when the definition is not agreed on a particular phrase

how much to they have to have done to be world class?

I think your definition of world class is different from most people; is clarence seedorf world class? is Veron world class? rio ferdinand, roy keane, emerson?

alot!!! thats why the term world class doesnt get thrown around to every tom dick and harry that comes along....

Guest Protathlitis

yes, yes, no, no, yes.

anti-british :tup:

hollywood, what about those players I mentioned? its hard to know what you mean without an yard stick

Hollywood, if this is what you rate a world class player, then there have only been about 20 world class players ever produced, and about 5 playing football now.

:blink:

i have too disagree

i think a world class player is a player that plays internationally for big countries (England, Brazil, France)... or makes a good footballing impression on the world... because players playing for malta are certainly not world class!!!! Most players who played for Greece in Euro 2004 i define as world class.

I agree with Hollywood here.

World class is just the group of players who are the cream of the crop in there era - the Maradonas, Zidane, Pele, Shevencko, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo (at Barca)

These are players that if you ask anyone at random on the street to name a world class footballer theyll say a name such as these or someone else like even Nedved Van Basten Raul Veron Davids Seedorf Nestaetc etc

No ones going to say Gonzalez of Panathinaikos or Olisadebe

Granted they are very good players but if they are World class then why arent they showing it - a player liek Gonzalez however has the POTENTIAL to become great, maybe world class, but he just has to show us on the pitch!

Henriksen was world class however - i agree with that one

The rest no - there just is a line were we can separate players that are great and world class - in a league of there own and yes there arent that many that should be in that criteria - someone has to create the benchmark and keep it going for so that there is competition to beat the world class players.

Panathinaikos_Trifilli i can name you more than 20 world class players that arent even playing now

Pele

Maradona

Van Basten

Gullit

Di Stefano

Riijkaard

Platini

Pouskas

Cryuff

Beckenbaur

George Weah

Eusebio

George Best

Roberto Baggio

Zico

Gordon Banks

Bobby Charlton

Klinsmann

Papin

Romario

Socrates

I agree with Hollywood here.

World class is just the group of players who are the cream of the crop in there era - the Maradonas, Zidane, Pele, Shevencko, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo (at Barca)

These are players that if you ask anyone at random on the street to name a world class footballer theyll say a name such as these or someone else like even Nedved Van Basten Raul Veron Davids Seedorf Nestaetc etc

No ones going to say Gonzalez of Panathinaikos or Olisadebe

Granted they are very good players but if they are World class then why arent they showing it - a player liek Gonzalez however has the POTENTIAL to become great, maybe world class, but he just has to show us on the pitch!

Henriksen was world class however - i agree with that one

The rest no - there just is a line were we can separate players that are great and world class - in a league of there own and yes there arent that many that should be in that criteria - someone has to create the benchmark and keep it going for so that there is competition to beat the world class players.

Panathinaikos_Trifilli i can name you more than 20 world class players that arent even playing now

Pele

Maradona

Van Basten

Gullit

Di Stefano

Riijkaard

Platini

Pouskas

Cryuff

Beckenbaur

George Weah

Eusebio

George Best

Roberto Baggio

Zico

Gordon Banks

Bobby Charlton

Klinsmann

Papin

Romario

Socrates

finnaly someone sees my point here :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

World class shouldnt be thrown around like it was free candy, i mean take a look at the term "hero" <----- it means nothing these days i mean u can die in a car accident and b considerd a hero...

e.g the 6 aussies who died in that helicopter crash and there considerd heros now because they died... or 9/11 people who died, there considerd heros because they died....

what the??

a hero is someone who risk his/her own Safety to save someone else or do something for them that normally others wouldnt do, not die for nothing in a tragic accident...

So gettin back to the topic, like Adonis said not many players r considerd "world class" because lets face it theres not many... However acording to some of your views our beloved pao team is full of world class players such as basinas, wooter, kostantinou, maric, morris ect... :LOL:

please look the term world class up in a dictionary b4 u talk

Heres a question who is Pao, biggest world class player signing ever?

Would it be Veron, Borelli, or Rotsa?

Who would be our biggest world class coach?

Puskas?

Its a shame we didnt get Puskas to play for us as well

:(

im just interested if someone can answer my question above :rolleyes:

yes, yes, no, no, yes.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

if you take adonis' players as a standard for "world class" it is hardly impossible to get similar number of players who are playing now.

most of these players werent just dominating in their best days but they also influenced whole generations when they played.

i mean who didnt know van basten, rijkaard and gullit when they were playing for milan?

additionally all of them were great personalities, something i am missing from todays football. they were and are still promoting football all over the world in a way that differs from the way the big clubs with their big players are doing it now. these players wanted to promote football in every corner of the world but nowadays averything is just about the money.

who are the supposed world class players of today?

zidane i'd say is one. beckham, not really. ronaldo maybe. van nistelroy possibly. maldini, yes. ronaldino, not yet. shevtchenko, maybe. konstantinou, definately not! gerrard, maybe. henry, not really. viery, more or less.

in my oppinion there is just something missing. something that makes the difference. we are all impressed by their abilities but still, they are not comparable to the others.

Archived