Phantis Forums

Punishment from violence on the weekend

Montreal_Thrillos

well the axe falls thursday for both teams

OSFP and Panisnios

This is what I expect:

-Midenismo

3- points off the standings for both teams

I dont agree we should have to play far away from home 2-3 games or with no fans

Panionios was irresponsible for security at the game but then again u try and stop 2500 hooligans

anyways I really doubt this will help stop the violence

This has been done in the past so this is only a bandaid solution to the problem that they will come up with

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the losing of points is the stupidest thing that can happen here

this can affect the outcome of Olympiakos and even Panionios

this won't stop the violence and it would cause for more violence b/c if Olympiakos fails to win the title by losing those points wut do u think will happen

this game was played on Panionios ground and they should recieve the harshest punishment here

they stirred everything up leading to the game all week long

i mean Olympiakos should not lose points and if they do hopefully Olympiakos can appeal

i am not sure if the clubs can appeal on an abritrator ruling

what where the official responsibilities of the teams:

panionios:

- taking care of the security

- guarantee that the match will take place without any problems

- controll their fans, so they dont cause any problems

they failed in all the points

olympiakos:

- guarantee their fans dont cause any trouble

successfull with the 322 fans in the stadium, failed completely with the 2000 storming the stadium

but what was the reason all this happened? the first step to lead to the happenings was beos announcement. then the usual answer and reanswer circle started which heated up the whole stuff.

it was not only osfp's fault because panionios should have expected something like fans trying to enter the stadium without tickets after all the announcements and the very small amount of tickets we got. but osfp should have also tried to avoid this.

the accusations for both teams are very heavy and the punishment should be an example for the future.

as wrote in another topic i wouldnt be angry about cutting us points but i think this would be unfair against the players. because they have made he effort to bring the team where it is.

i think the hardest punishment for osfp would be to not let them play again in karaiskaki for the rest of the season. osfp would loose a lot of money. i'd say about 500'000 a game, with 8 league games and the cup games it woudl make somthing about 5'000'000 lost. additionally osfp fans shouldnt be allowed to go and watch away games. this would cause a huge uproar of the fans owning a season card and all the rich guys ownig one of the suites would get very pissed off. this could force kokkalis to take some action about this group of fans.

additionally osfp should pay for all the hospital bills of the injured fans. plus a rubber duck for everyone.

but honestly i dont htink osfp will get a harsh punishment. maybe the five games home ban and no points for the panionios match plus a fine of about 20'000-30'000.

we'll see...

Guest Protathlitis

Losing 3 points is a ridiculous idea.

However I would accept it if Panionios fans aswell pao and aek because of THEIR fans were to lose 3 points aswell

as far as i know things look like this:

panionios wants to blame the police that they were not able to controll the situation.

the police on their part want to prove that at one point the match could have taken place.

osfp wants to convince the judges that they were just responsible for the 322 fans which didnt take part in the fightings.

when will the decision be announced? today or tomorrow? has anybody an idea?

However I would accept it if Panionios fans aswell pao and aek because of THEIR fans were to lose 3 points aswell

Why exactly shoulp PAO have any points deducted? We already had a 1 match ban for couple of seats that were thrown in the PAOK game... Do you thing that we should have -3 points? If yeas I will agree, but if you want to be fair if PAO was to get -3 points for throwing 50 seats for 1 minute then Thrylos should have been to the b group of the 3rd division for what you did to Rizoupoli and N. Smyrni and Xanthi and Pyrgo and Nikaia and Iraklio and Giannena..... ;)

Why exactly shoulp PAO have any points deducted? We already had a 1 match ban for couple of seats that were thrown in the PAOK game... Do you thing that we should have -3 points? If yeas I will agree, but if you want to be fair if PAO was to get -3 points for throwing 50 seats for 1 minute then Thrylos should have been to the b group of the 3rd division for what you did to Rizoupoli and N. Smyrni and Xanthi and Pyrgo and Nikaia and Iraklio and Giannena..... ;)
ok now we are being a little bit sarcastic but if u want to think like that....

lets drop u to the 4th division for thr efthimiadis incident

:D

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

osfp, neos panionios and the police blame the ref now! they all say that the match could have taken place but because tsikinis wanted a written guarantee from the police he didnt start the match.

they didnt finish today cause everybody was very tired and one of the secretaries, as far as i understood, was ready to faint.

the best one today was surely the fake bomb alarm one hour after they started. :LOL:

probably the punishment will be announced tomorrow. maybe even on monday.

All parties involved are trying to use all the loopholes in order to help their case. On top of that they also use bomb threats to disrupt and delay the proceedings. One more thing complicating the proceedings is that tommorrow there are elections for a new president of EPAE. My take on all this is that back door deals are being conducted between various parties.

Also the delay is most likely a tactic in order for the possible game bans to affect certain games, such as cup games, instead of league games.

Guest Protathlitis

QUOTE (Protathlitis @ Jan 13 2005, 10:48 AM)

Why exactly shoulp PAO have any points deducted? We already had a 1 match ban for couple of seats that were thrown in the PAOK game... Do you thing that we should have -3 points? If yeas I will agree, but if you want to be fair if PAO was to get -3 points for throwing 50 seats for 1 minute then Thrylos should have been to the b group of the 3rd division for what you did to Rizoupoli and N. Smyrni and Xanthi and Pyrgo and Nikaia and Iraklio and Giannena..... 

Pao should have points deducted because the day before yesterday they attacked an aek fan club: its the same thing as what the OSFP fans did.

Aek should have points deducted because their fans tried to blow up a bus full of pao fans.

CH-THRYLOS, Panionios should have points deducted because their fans were very violent and ATTACKED OSFP PLAYERS

The above is only true if OSFP gets points deducted!! Theres no recent precedent, you cant just deduct points from OSFP all of a sudden and not from the other clubs whose fans ALSO engaged in hooliganism this week!!

First of all it wasn't just a bomb threat.. It was an entire Farsokomodia (as Fillipidis would put it) so that these idiots will get away with it.... (we had bombs, dogs, the secretary lost her sences etc etc)...

And Protathliti, how can you speak of deduction of points when the incident you are referring to did not happen anywhere near a football ground and it wasn't even proved that these people were PAO fans.... ;) I fwe were to take into account such incidents the Oly is again the champion (remind you the kotopoula me kranh who came to Leoforos 2 days prior to the game and broke some stuff)....

First of all it wasn't just a bomb threat.. It was an entire Farsokomodia (as Fillipidis would put it) so that these idiots will get away with it.... (we had bombs, dogs, the secretary lost her sences etc etc)...

And Protathliti, how can you speak of deduction of points when the incident you are referring to did not happen anywhere near a football ground and it wasn't even proved that these people were PAO fans.... ;) I fwe were to take into account such incidents the Oly is again the champion (remind you the kotopoula me kranh who came to Leoforos 2 days prior to the game and broke some stuff)....

once again PAppou u alwyas come up with excuses y your fans rioted

-well we rioted in leofors because we had no protecttion in rizoupoli y should you? as u qouted

-aeks fan club got bombed I wonder who was responsible for that ?

lets say someone had died what would you have said then?

an d u talk about proving? how do u know that it wasnt a PAO fan who called in the bomb threat to ruin the great image of OSFP?

accept the fact your team is bad in violence and we can all be happy

at least we admitted that ours fans were rowdy over the weekend and should be punished

u guys as usual when u do something aside from winning u point to what OSFP does

Guest Protathlitis

And Protathliti, how can you speak of deduction of points when the incident you are referring to did not happen anywhere near a football ground and it wasn't even proved that these people were PAO fans....  I fwe were to take into account such incidents the Oly is again the champion (remind you the kotopoula me kranh who came to Leoforos 2 days prior to the game and broke some stuff

It hasnt really been 'proved' that it wa gavroi at Nea smyni even though it was of course. I dont see why it has to be near a football ground; i ask you this: how close to the ground is hooliganism allowed to be before a club is sanctioned?

You might want to make a law that says that for a club to be responsible for its fans then the incidents have to be within a certain radius of the ground. Thats ridiculous and very very abitrary as usual

The fines are in.

The Athletic Judges have reached their decisions concerning the Panionios - Olympiakos game. Here are the fines:

Neos Panionios

- Deducted 3 points from the league table

- 4 games behind closed doors

- 100,000 Euro fine

Achilleas Beos

- Not allowed to hold any position with Neos Panionios for 2 months.

- 10,000 Euro fine

Olympiakos

- Olympiakos is deducted 3 points from the league table

- 4 games behind closed doors

- 300,000 Euro fine

The game between the 2 teams is declared null and void and will not be re-scheduled. None of the involved teams receive any points.

All involved can appeal the decision with EPO.

-------------------------

It remains to be seen if anything will change following the appeals.

Harsh punishment in my opinion, but also badly needed if we want to end the violence at the Greek stadiums.

This decision will only become fair, if similar incidents by other teams receive the same punishment.

For too long hooligans have controlled greek soccer and unfortunately olympiakos and panonios have paid the price.

Now it is up to the clubs to sort out, who are the real fans and who don't give a dam about the club. This decision puts the emphasis on the clubs to get their act together.

This is a warning to other clubs, that violence will not be tolerated. And don't forget uefa is overlooking greek league. If outcome was not satisfactory, I am sure uefa would have stepped in.

I hear olympiakos will try to appeal the decision. If they do, it shows that they do not respect decision made by the court and makes a mockery of epo.

Kokkalis should accept this decision and carry on with life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived