Phantis Forums

WCQ: GREECE - Denmark

Ziaka

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't watch the game so I couldn't really tell how well Amanitidis did. Though it sounded like with what little time (7 min. + stoppage) he did very well. Should definatly get more minutes over Vryzas and Pap in future qualifiers. FIFA recently had an interview w/ him, and are expecting that this is his year:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/050204/1/32p1.html

Greec was pathetic in the 2nd half. Nikopolodis m*****a but their morale low in the start of second half. Greece outplayed denmark in the first, as our midfield controlled the centre of park.

In the second, bad tactical move by otto, he replaced midfield of zagorakis and karagouni, that weakened us in the middle and allow denmark to dominate. Kafes isn't good enough for the national team. He is not a work horse as is zagorakis and karagounis. He didn't perform on the day and I think he will not get another chance in the future.

Otto should have sacrified a attacker for an extra player in the middle of the park. By changing vryzas for kyriakos. That wouldn't have given that denmark the advantge and made things difficult for them.

The only positive is that amanitidis looks good up front and I think he would pair up well with haristeas. Good understudy for vryzas in the future.

We missed kapsis, however adonaki shouldn't do this type of mistakes. As he gave denmark hope for the second half. If half time was 2 - 0 I don't think denmark would have been that motivated, as they were.

Bad performance, lets hope they learn by their mistakes today. Denmarks coach is a wanker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green

Both Zagorakis and Karagounis were playing having high fever and already were very tired upon exit.

Otto had no chance...

Tsiartas was injured (although I opose his usefullness beyonf 30 minutes especially the way the Danes were running)

So he really had not many options...

Zikos could help.... :whistle: ( :D ) no chance though for a cap... pitty

Bravo Boys

Not bad if you think about

Kapsis, Tsartas , Paps out

Zags sick

A win is a win- that is all that matters

I remember watching games and saying "they lost, bu thtey played well"

F**k that - I'd rather say we won regardless of how we played

Stelios got fouled a dozen times it seemed like

Bravo Stelio

I only listened to the game

How bad was the non-call handball that got Olsen sent off?

:gr: :gr: :gr:

As you said The2ndMouse if the boys were sick on the night. Then when these guys are fit, watch out!!!!!!!!

The hand ball incident in the box by della was not intentional as I saw it and cullina did. The dannish were whinges on the night, their coach is a karagiosi, he is an arrongant prick.

But the end of the day, all it matters is getting the result. We got it and at the same time got revenge from dames that cost us world cup berth in 98 when schiemkal saved denmarks arse on the night.

And lets not forget, it is the first in 7 and half years since denmark has lost away in world cup qualifier.

very happy with the win.

2 very different halves, what can i say that hasnt been said.

congrats to Theo with his first international goal. hopefully it will not be the last!

amanatidis did well, id like to see him getting more time in the future.

nikopolidis was ordinary...scary at times. kafes....i wont say anything. vryzas maybe could have come off a little earlier....

Completely updated European standings (we're in Group 2):

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/grou...x.html?zone=eur

Ukraine's next game is at home versus Denmark (March 30). I'm hoping for a draw.

Denmark get Kazakhstan at home (March 26) followed by the above trip to Ukraine. Hoping for the Kazak's to steal points in Denmark, but I doubt that'll happen. :(

Turkey plays at home to Albania (3/26) and then away to Georgia (3/30). 2 draws would be great, though I think Turkey (as bad as they've been since WC 2002) will win one of the two games.

Those 3 teams are probably going to raise hell with us for the 2nd group spot (and possibly 1st place). I think Albania and Georgia will fade away and Kahakstan hasen't (and probably won't) do anything significant in qualifiers. I'm still figuring out why they swtiched to the European Confed. in the 1st place... :unsure:

Oh yeah, contrary to what's in one of my eariler post's we play at Georgia on March 26 and at home (Pireaus) against Albania on March 30.

-WTF!!!!! At some point we can't win games always like this!!! I think my blood pressure shot up to 200! What a turn of play at the 2nd half. More luck cause that Dane who missed that goal is most likely beating his head on the concrete floor.

Obviously we can see when karagounis"my main man" and zagorakis were pulled cause of illnesses, the danes just controlled things completely in the middle. It was unbearable. Where was everyone?

-Yeah Antonaki screwed up but I recall 4 of our defenders standing and all watching the chip shot towards the goal and nobody in front other than giourkas to cover. So for me it was an all around sloppy play from the defense. You cannot avoid it but he did make a spectacular save on that danish header trickling to the corner of the goal at the 2nd half.

-Kafes: Not cause he's in Oly but I dont think he should be in the NT.

-Basinas: Was playing fine and with his typical mistakes but 2nd half was disastrous.

Amanatidis..He has spark and I would start him with either one of the other forwards.

-Charisteas: Tried but was being covered well. Not his day.

-Vryzas: Again he tries but you need the right players to feed him the passes.

I think there should be a new combo up front..nothing really seems to happen with Vryzas/Charisteas.

-Dellas: Kept the defense intact but almost screwed up with that tackle. Lucky him and us.

-Giourkas: Did his job but needs to work on his passes/crosses.

-Kyrgiakos: He has potential but I think he should watch his aggressiveness.

-Katsouranis: I wasn't impressed today and he should've played better.

Top players for me for this match: Zagos, Karagouns, Stelios, Fyssas

I'm glad we won but again not this way(2nd half collapse). Yeah whatever it takes and who cares but I just think at some point it will affect the team.

:gr:

Great first half .. awful second half.. Zago and Gouni being subbed devasted our midfield. There is no reason Kafe should be on this team and Nikopolidi saved our asses in two instances near the end. He really needs to learn how to do an eksodo though cause that goal he let in was amateurish at best. (and the horrible thing is that the ball was going straight to a defenders head for an easy clearance).

I'll also give the few gavroi who embarassed thier team by opening their mouths last time around, props for using their brains a bit more today.

Very good win for us although lousy second half with the Danes getting too much space in midfield to push forward, especially on the left. Amanatidis looked really good in the last 10 minutes, much more dangerous than Vryzas. I think Otto should start him w/ Haristeas. Vryzas has had his day. We need attackers w/ the killer instinct. Also, overall I haven't seen much of Amantidis but he appears to have more control than Papadopoulos. Again good win and bravo to the team! We're on our way.

jst got back from the Castellorizian club, with xxx-fag.... (by the way were was kojak he was supposed to meet us???)

First half we owned them, should have been 4-0!!! however u gota give it to the danes for pulling 1 back...

Second half we got dominated however defence is our specialality!!!

nikopolidis was to blame for the first goal however right towards the end he did well!! should have been 2-2 though!!

good win for the boys :tup:

GREAT FIRST HALF PERFORMANCE.

Except for nikopolidis ###### up. Someone should really teach that bloke how to read and defend those crosses into the box from the flanks. Great reactionary save type keeper (as proven with that fANTASTIC save late in the second half), though very weak/ordinary on crosses from flanks into box.

SECOND HALF.

What can I say. None of the replacements to cover Karagounis and zagorakis worked. Our midfield quartet DEFENDED TO DEEP and lost its's defensive shape allowing denmark easy access throught the middle of the park, doesn't anyone in our national team (other than karagounis, zagorakis, giana, basinas) know anything about 1st defender 2nd defender 3rd defender and 4 th defender . If our midfield quartet applied this principle as they did in Euro 2004, then we would have had two of our players against one of theirs all over the park . Hopefully Otto can brief OUR replacements midflielders about this principle and stop this from happening again. But as others have said a win is a win.

But we need to iron out these weaknesses, and make sure that all our playing roster (especially replacement midfielders) understand their defensive duties and how to keep their defensive shape in the midle of the park, when we have not got the ball. Relying on karagounis, zagorakis, gianna and basinas to come up trumps every game, may back fire on us in the long run. After all there are no guarantees in soccer especially when you consider such things as illnesses (as proven today with fevers to karagounis and zagorakis) and injuries.

@$#@$@! Albanians automatic qualification is looking very remote. We need Denmark to beat Ukraine in Ukraine (very improbable as they could not manage to do it in Denmark), AND WE HAVE TO RELY on our boys beating Ukraine in Greece, apart from these 2 matches i cannot see the Ukrainians loosing any other games considering all their prior result and their run home especially when you also consider their superior goal difference ie:

04.09.2004 Ukraine v Denmark (A) 1-1

08.09.2004 Ukraine v Kazakhstan (A) 2-1

09.10.2004 Ukraine v Greece (H) 1-1

13.10.2004 Ukraine v Georgia (H) 2-0

17.11.2004 Ukraine v Turkey (A) 3-0

09.02.2005 Ukraine v Albania (A) 2-0

30.03.2005 Ukraine v Denmark (H)19:15 Ukraine must lose? look at 1st game

04.06.2005 Ukraine v Kazakhstan (H)00:00 Ukraine should win (based on prior)

08.06.2005 Ukraine v Greece (A) 00:00 Ukraine must lose (based on prior)

03.09.2005 Ukraine v Georgia (A) 00:00 Ukraine should win (based on prior)

07.09.2005 Ukraine v Turkey (H) 00:00 Ukraine should win (based on prior)

08.10.2005 Ukraine v Albania Ukraine should win (based on prior)

Group 2 Pld W D L GF GA Pts

Ukraine 6 4 2 0 11 3 14

Greece 5 2 2 1 7 5 8

Turkey 5 1 3 1 6 5 6

Denmark 5 1 3 1 7 6 6

Albania 5 2 0 3 3 7 6

Georgia 4 1 2 1 5 5 5

Kazakhstan 4 0 0 4 2 10 0

For us to Automatically qualify in first spot. 2 thing have to happen:

1.We must win every game by a big margin to better our goal difference, as opposed to Ukraines. Cannot afford any slip ups.

2. Ukraine must lose against Demark and Us.

So game in hand xegame in hand if these two thing do not happen "klapsta xaralambe". Instead hope to god we make it in the best top six second sides in Europe and that we draw a favourable side in the home and away round robin game of the knock out stage for the last 3 positions available to the Europian Confederation. Ante PHSYCIATRIC STUFF, i'M ALREADY STOCKING UP ON THE VALLIUM and the STRAY JACKETS.

THA TRLATHOUME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORCA ELADARA GAMOTO MOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jst got back from the Castellorizian club, with xxx-fag.... (by the way were was kojak he was supposed to meet us???)

Lol i dogged you guys( i only saw xxx- msg after the game so i couldnt call in time)....i saw the game at home...this adhoc channel..on satellite actually showed the setanta broadcast....normally it shows nothing at all....i was just flicking through to get to ert...and it said coming soon greece denmark...had all these irish commercials for like 20 minutes till the game started. im hoping it does it for the rest of the games.

Lol i dogged you guys( i only saw xxx- msg after the game so i couldnt call in time)....i saw the game at home...this adhoc channel..on satellite actually showed the setanta broadcast....normally it shows nothing at all....i was just flicking through to get to ert...and it said coming soon greece denmark...had all these irish commercials for like 20 minutes till the game started. im hoping it does it for the rest of the games.
its all good...

FAGGYWOOD and I watched the game which i thought Greece played very well first half and Zagorakis goal was :nw: the keeper had no idea

Did the Denmark coach get suspended?

Also beware when we play Denmark away they will be playing very hard

Goodwork :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Hey drakos, thanks for the video highlights!

Regarding Zagorakis, it looks like the ball was going left, but then bounced off the danes foot and went right. The keeper had no time to react! Bravo re Zagoraki, for quick thinking and taking the shot quickly and suprising the danes!

Regarding Giannakopoulos being pulled in the area, was he really pulled? Based on the video footage I just saw, I didn't see any clear pulling on danish defender. I'll take the penalty, but can anyone confirm or deny the foul?

Archived