WCQ: GREECE - Denmark

Ziaka

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

amanatidis should definatley start for in the next match

yeah instead of vryzas

but most important we won :gr: :gr:

Vryzas is an important link up player the way Otto likes it. He is also excellent at holding up the ball and one of the best players I've seen with the goal to his back.

I really didn't appreciate him until the game in Georgia when we won 1-0 in the EC 2004 qualifiers.

Hey Mouse, you reme that day at Eressos? watched the game I mentioned and then the basketball vs Turkey in Kaloni? That was a good day man :)

Not forgetting to metion you head light blowing out and only been able to use the High beams :LOL: How'd the feck we didn't kill someone or ourselves I'll never know. :rolleyes:

HELL YES, EURO 2004 euphoria, in our hands once again. Fellow Greeks, we gotta believe, AGAIN! We're goin to Germany! OK, back to the Protathlimata for more arguments.

nice win but I have to question the first goal's credibility, when Theo struck the ball as the wall was being placed by the Danes... That was terrible refereeing, and surprisingly it was Signor Collina... The penalty was a clear penalty and despite his early blunder, you guys needed three great saves from Nicopolydis... It's good for us that Denmark is now probably out of contention, but we still have seven games to go!!!

why is everyone ganging up on Kafes . the whole midfield diappeared after half time. Everybody basinas, stelios, katsuranis and kafes where nowhere. So I dom't get these 7,8 ratings for only a half a game.

Only nikopolidis showed up the second half.

Guest Protathlitis

Kyriakos and katsouranis should never be Greece's central defenders

You should drop the grudge. Just because Kirgiakos gave Giovanni a good bashing doesn't mean he isn't a world class defender.

If you saw the game you would have seen how many balls he cleared in the air. If you didn't see and ackowledge that you are simply biased or blind. All the websites praise Kirgiakos' contribution.

I got no grudge like some people do against Nikopolidis (DID ANYONE SEE WHAT HE DID FOR THE REST OF THE GAME?? ITS FUKIN INCREDIBLE

Admit it; you know Antonis is a Champion, its Osfp you hate, not his ability

no, I dont hold a grudge for this guy kyriako, Like I've said before; I feel sorry for the guy. In this game he DID NOT DEFEND WELL AT ALL. I want Tavlaridis to play for pur NT

nikopolidis WAS a champion. He is not half the keeper he was before the euro. Now that hes a melos and 'rebelious' and a euro champion he spends more time posing and doing stupid vodafone commercials and magazine crap than training and playing football......even OSFP will probably drop him mid next year...He doesnt perform as good at all and stupid miscalculations cost us the game, but his shot stopping was still on and i think he may have made up for it.

As for Kiriakos- the guy is a monster and quickly on his way to being a world class defender.....and he did play very well with denmark. And Katsouranis is a star and our future captain for sure......our defense is going to remain the strongest in the world for a while with these players GET USED TO IT. If Otto sees something in the player than there is definitly something in the player worthwhile.

Guest Protathlitis

Im fukin rapped with the year Nikopolidis has had. His form hasnt dropped dramatically at all. stop trying to make yourself feel better. hes sured up our defence and shut down you gays in the derby nicely

dont turn this the NT forum into a pao forum

look whos talking you attack kirgiakos because he is PAO dont be upset because OSFP only produced 1 important player for the ethniki, it doesnt matter, there all greek you know....... Adonaki has had more stupid blunders this year and we all know it and see it in the standings.

I really didn't appreciate him until the game in Georgia when we won 1-0 in the EC 2004 qualifiers.

You mean Armenia , I think , but wrote Georgia....
You thought correctly. ;)

I stand corrected.

It make me laugh that some people think either Kirgiakos had bad game the other night. He must have headed out the ball out of the box at least 10 times. Kirgiakos is simply a pure class player. The Greek NT is lucky to have him.

He is TOO agressive, he should take some time and learn from the man himself, Trianos.

Otherwise, I think Sotiris did an overall good job.

Arrwste #2: As for your sarcasm towards my Kafes comment, you cannot simply blame Kafes for the midfields drop in effectivness. Or will you attempt to ?

He is TOO agressive, he should take some time and learn from the man himself, Trianos.

Otherwise, I think Sotiris did an overall good job.

Arrwste #2: As for your sarcasm towards my Kafes comment, you cannot simply blame Kafes for the midfields drop in effectivness. Or will you attempt to ?

Kirgiakos may be aggresive when provoked but this is positive aggresiveness.

Putting aside my supporting prerogatives, what Kiriakos did to Giovanni was not proffesional and sporting. I'll raise my hand to that. But, the guy had copped all the abuse from the Oly media and fans concerning that photo that was plastered all over the Olympiakos press and with pressure from the PAO fans to "get revenge" for that incident provoked him to act the way he did.

Kiriakos has never been sent off for PAO, not has he broken anyones legs, and thsi season in 6 CL games did not receive a signle card whilst he has only received very few yellows in his career despite his position.

When another player has a go at him for one or another reson he does good standing up for himself and his team mates. He takes crap from one.

As for Kafes...you simply can't blame Basinas or Katsouranis for us losing the midfield. Both of them continued to play well. Kafes, was not/ is not good enough. A blind man would point that out. He was out of his depths. and to tell you the truth he doesn't impress me much either as a player over all. He's very average and is only in the squad because we are very thin in central attacking midfielders from the moment Otto ignores Zikos and Stoltidis. Stoltidis is a much better player with more quality and calmness.

When I say agressive I mean purely by his footballing style of play. Not his assualts in Greece, HEH.

That style of play can get you in trouble very quickly in the rest of the world, but he does well when it comes to thwarting aerial attacks as seen on wed.

As for Zikos and Stoltidis they would be a WELCOMED addition to the team, I dont have to get into details as to why, they are great and Stoltidis is a god damn horse, his work rate is just as impressive. My question is to Otto, who seems keen on replacing, noone.

Have I watched a different game, guys?! Antonaki did make a blunder but he made 4 or 5 great saves and you still call him s-h-i-t-t-y. I think the only reason for that is that Niko plays for Thrynos, I believe. As for Kirgiako, he will be a good defender but he is not the red hot super defender yet, as some of you insist. He needs at least two or three hard years at NT level to be there. Kafes... well, he can only be a starter NT player if he switches his nationality to Andorra or Cook Islands. He is that bad! I also could not understand why most of you admired Amanatidi so much. He got two great opportunities and he simply wasted them, with another good striker it could have been 4-1 by 88 minutes. I feel he needs to train on his dribbling cause his dribbling is terrible and needs drastic improvement if he is to trouble the starting strikers...

Have I watched a different game, guys?! Antonaki did make a blunder but he made 4 or 5 great saves and you still call him s-h-i-t-t-y. I think the only reason for that is that Nikoplays for Thrynos....

Bingo.......

U gotta understand Greeks r stubborn, this applys to papou with any issue he belives is right!! (e.g Bidis is s%$#!, pao managment is great ect...)

Guest Protathlitis

yeah the turk knows. I think the only turk and holly are the only pao fans who realise that without Antoni we are in deep trouble

I dont think kyriakos is too aggressive. I just thought he didnt play well for Greece and that Greece, who has the best defence in the world, has better options in central defence

Hey Mouse, you reme that day at Eressos? watched the game I mentioned and then the basketball vs Turkey in Kaloni? That was a good day man :)

Not forgetting to metion you head light blowing out and only been able to use the High beams :LOL: How'd the feck we didn't kill someone or ourselves I'll never know. :rolleyes:

I am a better pilot than Schummi! :hypocrite:

:D

Archived