Phantis Forums

EL-GS-R3: PAOK - PSV Eindhoven (05-Nov-20, 19:55 EET)

Blackhawk

18 minutes ago, PAOKSYD said:

I do not believe Ferrieras 3-5-2 would of won this match today! Would of been another draw. 

All of a sudden we look like PAOK pre-ferriera and a pleasure/dream to watch! 

Bring on Olympiacos the dogs

Ages ago, I remember ranting to someone that if we just played a normal system with players in their normal positions, they'd get results. This was probably during the Tudor days, or perhaps Stanojevic. Garcia doesn't have to do anything amazing to get the team looking better, which is a testament to the quality of those players.

For Granada the last game against us will most likely be meaningless. Same will apply for Omonia in the game against us earlier. The most important game for us is the next one against PSV. If we don't lose in that one things will be much easier.

2 hours ago, pash said:

Ages ago, I remember ranting to someone that if we just played a normal system with players in their normal positions, they'd get results. This was probably during the Tudor days, or perhaps Stanojevic. Garcia doesn't have to do anything amazing to get the team looking better, which is a testament to the quality of those players.

+42

Some coaches just over engineer their teams unnecessarily.  What they see, I don't know.  Keep it simple.  Adjust to your opponent if they are clearly superior, likewise if they are clearly inferior.  Exploit obvious weaknesses.  Be flexible when required.  It's not that hard.

Ferreira seemed to get it right in Europe with the 3-4-3 we did well but he'd use the same system in the GSL for no valid reason.  Maybe he thought the players can't cope with two systems.  Really ?

I don't know if Garcia got lucky today, time will tell.  One thing is for sure, he won't accept crap performances or attitudes from players.  He will hit you - literally - and having players fear the manager isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• Like it 2