Phantis Forums

EL-GS-R1: PAOK - Omonia (22-Oct-20, 19:55 EEST)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.ca07001feadb6df87300740aa75bc8c1.jpg VS  Omonia.jpg.04708bd11ff06842293e11abf01a22b7.jpg

MATCHUP:              PAOK Thessaloniki – Omonia Nicosia
COMPETITION:     Europa League – Group Stage – Round 1
DATE:                     22-October-2020
TIME:                     19:55 EEST (16:55 GMT, 11:55 CDT, 03:55 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Thessaloniki – Toumba Stadium Stadium (28,708)
REFEREES:               Bobby Madden - David Roome, Graeme Stewart (Scotland)
TELEVISION:         COSMOTE Sport 3 (Greece), Cytavision Sports 3 ( Cyprus), BT Sport.com (UK), Optus Sport (Australia), DAZN (Canada), CBS All Access, TUDN.com (USA)

PAOK’s History against teams from Cyprus in European Competitions

1976-1977:  PAOK – Omonia Nicosia     1:1 – (Sarafis) - Att: 11,045 - Champions Cup (Round 1, Leg 2)
1976-1977:  Omonia Nicosia – PAOK     0:2 – (Koudas, Sarafis) - Att: 9,400 – Champions Cup (Round 1, Leg 1)

GAMES:  2    WINS:  1    TIES:  1    LOSSES:  0

2,900 fans will be allowed for this game.

On paper this is our easiest game in the groups stage and if we don't win  it will most likely be the end of any chances we have to qualify from this group.

7 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

2,900 fans will be allowed for this game.

On paper this is our easiest game in the groups stage and if we don't win it will most likely be the end of any chances we have to qualify from this group.

You know, other than the recent CL meeting with Olympiakos, Cypriot clubs have done pretty well against Greek opposition in recent years.

6 hours ago, Athens4 said:

They will be solid at the back and come out with counter attacks while our midfielders and defenders concede stupid fouls. You heard it here first.

Basically what AEX played this past weekend. All Scottish crew as far as officiating the game is concerned. Hopefully the ref will not keep the cards in his pocked as did the German one on Sunday.

Simply must win this game if we want qualify from the groups. Won't be easy as Olympiakos had a tricky time cracking open Omonia during the 1st leg of their Champions league play-off. 

Who partners Schwab in midfield? El-Kaddouri isn't fit and this is a match where we are going to have the bulk of possession and dominate the ball, so basically it's not a match where Esiti should start. I would assume Augusto isn't fit enough to start, but he maybe an option. Ninua is our only other option who maybe given the nod. 

Unless Ferreira has some tricks up his sleeve and he changes formation and we see 3 in midfield with Bieseswar as a dekari, although I think that's pretty unlikely. 

Maybe, but I doubt we'll see something like that. Having only one midfielder sounds rough. My money is on Ninua, but I wouldn't be surprised if Esiti plays (he looked very good vs AEK).

Who knows, perhaps we'll play four at the back so that we can have both Swiderski and Colak up front? 4-4-2 diamond? Still risky, you'd think a DM would be there instead of Schwab.

--Zivkovic--

--Matos--Varela--Ingason--Giannoulis--

--Schwab--

--Zivkovic--                                  --Tzolis--

--Murg--

--Colak--Swiderski--

The infected player did not impact the player list for the game.

As for the lineup, I think Ninua will partner with Schwab and after we score couple goals (I hope) Esiti will come in.

Actually I would like to see a 4-4-2 formation in this game with Colak and Swiderski as forwards, but I don't think we will see that as Ferreira was salivating over the 3 center back formation during his press conference today.

Starting lineup:

------------ Zivkovic -------------
-- Ingason - Varela - Michailidis --
Matos ---------------- Giannoulis
------ Schwab ------ Esiti -------
--- Murg ------------ Zivkovic ---
----------- Colak ----------------