Phantis Forums

SL - R4: PAOK - A.O. Xanthi (25 Sep 16, 16:00 GR )

Blackhawk

Guess the result of the game  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Guess the result of the game

• PAOK win
    • Tie
    • Xanthi win

This poll is closed to new votes

xanthi did this last year and it paid dividends...campos was the major non-sub...don't understand why...disappointing result but not the end of the world if we keep working and respond...performances like these remind us how talk of titles and cups really is stupid and premature.

Edited by kozi

^ players like Campos, Shakhov, and Biseswar - who are clearly not better than our other options - will be given at least half a season to fail before the coach that brings them in decides to call it quits. Happens like clockwork every year.

2 minutes ago, pash said:

^ players like Campos, Shakhov, and Biseswar - who are clearly not better than our other options - will be given at least half a season to fail before the coach that brings them in decides to call it quits. Happens like clockwork every year.

agree with general point about signings given more time than others...regarding the players mentioned i would say that Campos has been the most disappointing so far, has had the most game time and done nothing to show for it. Shakov started slowly but was getting better, didn't play today but the jury is out, Biseswar has not really had enough game time to prove 1 way or another for me...Pelka for me is a major disappointment and i would have him loaned out. Ivic needs to get his midfield sorted and attacked sorted. Thankfully our defence this year appears reasonably stable.

8 hours ago, pash said:

Campos, I'm undecided about.  He hasn't impressed.  Shakhov I think is good for depth and he has some height on him also which helps when you're playing tall sides.  I actually really liked Biseswar yesterday for the first 20 minutes.  He was in most of our attacking plays but he's still not fit.  He was puffed out by the 25th minute.

What I don't understand is why Ivic didn't have Pereyra on the bench.  You know teams like Xanthi are going to park the bus.  In that case having a player like Pereyra on the bench, who can be a good goal poacher, just makes sense.  I can't understand it.

Still not as catastrophic result as it could have been. We did not lose any ground on our main opposition, and actually gained ground on Olympiakos. The season is still young. No reason to start bitching and complaining, which is the norm by a lot of PAOK fans. I foresee this to be quite an exciting season.

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

Still not as catastrophic result as it could have been. We did not lose any ground on our main opposition, and actually gained ground on Olympiakos. The season is still young. No reason to start bitching and complaining, which is the norm by a lot of PAOK fans. I foresee this to be quite an exciting season.

It's not a catastrophe, but very Classic PAOK...All we had to do was beat one of the worst teams in the league so that we could come with 1 point of 1st place and basically eliminate whatever deficit we started with....Missed opportunity.

Agreed. Missed opportunity, but it would be quite different story if everyone else won and we found ourselves 6 points behind (instead of the current 2 or 3 points). I have a feeling the big guys will be dropping more points as we go. And from what I have seen so far there is hardly any difference between them. I would even say PAOK is in a slightly better shape than Olympiakos and AEK and on par with Panathinaikos. I think this will be an exciting season.

I think our biggest problem is against teams that park the bus. We need a player(s) that will unlock this defensive posture. Hopefully we can get such a player in January, since we did not get him this transfer period.

• Like it 1

We blew a massive chance to come back from our -3 deficit with a win over Xanthi, and along with this weeks fixtures, potential to put ourselves in an even better position if we beat Veria as Olympiakos host AEK and PAO play an Asteras fresh off the sacking of their manager.