Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2016

Dutch Eagle

Another CB, Fernando Varela: http://www.transfermarkt.com/fernando-varela/profil/spieler/59084

Plays for Steaua. Apparently we're offering him 600k a year (wow). Seems we'd have to pay 2mm to buy him, too. This guy had better be GREAT to be worth twice what Vitor was to us (to say nothing of the transfer fee). Anyone know anything about him?

http://www.libertatea.ro/sport/liga-1-fernando-varela-ofertat-de-un-club-din-grecia-salariu-de-600-000-de-euro-1513832 <--article (in Romanian).

According to Wikipedia, he won the Foreign Player of the Year award so you'd think he is decent. The other notable thing on Wikipedia is that Malaga apparently offered 6 million for him and that offer was rejected ?! Makes you wonder if this rumour has any merit.

Plays for Steaua. Apparently we're offering him 600k a year (wow). Seems we'd have to pay 2mm to buy him, too. 

Why would you pay someone triple the amount he's getting now? I understand a little raise, but triple his salary? Also why pay two mil, when Steaua only paid 1 mil to get him.

• Like it 1

Michel has rejected a quest from Jairo's old club to borrow him back. Seems we want to use him.

I like the guy, but he's remarkably injury prone. Good when he's "on," the few times that happens.

Maccabi (Tel Aviv this time) is apparently interested in taking Sabo on loan. This is a good move if you ask me.

We're also apparently looking at Vladimir Gabulov. I still don't think we need another goalie.

Gabulov's statistics are something like 1.5 goals per game conceded in the Russian league. Why not just keep Olsen then.

Antonis to PAS loan sounds good, now that PAS will play in Europa League.

I read in passing that Jairo might be loaned to them too? Or that Giannina is requesting him? He'd be a notable improvement on the wing for them, assuming he stays healthy.

We are very interested in CB Juan Cala (official name Juan Torres Ruiz) of Getafe.

He is 26 and originates from the youth academy of Sevilla. He played for six months at AEK in the 2011/2012 season.

I see a lot of the Primera Division, but I don't know him to be honest.