Phantis Forums

Europa League 2015-2016

Tzatziki

The last 2 Europa League Round of 32 matches, Olympiakos got beaten by Levante and Dnipro, who are not Europe's finest clubs. I'm afraid the same thing will happen vs. Anderlecht. So what if Olympiakos beat them 2 or 3 years ago, we had Javier Saviola and Kostas Mitroglou on our team. Totally different team this year. 

I have a hunch Olympiakos will have a good Europa league run.

To miss the knockouts in CL so narrowly, the EL is like a second chance.

Olympiakos is even the type of team dare I say to win the whole shebang. (It would be remarkable, but not beyond Oly.

We have a lot of young players on this team that want to make a name for themselves. I am sure they will rise to the occasion. Silva will also correct his mistake of ecluding Jimmy, and we might even make a signing or two. There is no reason to not be optimistic going forward. The best is yet to come, especially if Roberto can get his head in the game, sky is the limit.

• Like it 1

sadly no...

this team has great limitations....

too many players in the squad that are not up to scratch....

the biggest issue is CD.....And  we need a Mirallas type attacker to complement Ideye, Tsori, Fortounis, Jimmy...

the rest of our forward and wide attacking options are garbage...  (for this level)

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

To whoever posting about us losing from Dnipro and Levante , I seriously can't understand how it is not so Obvious to you. Olympiakos does not care for Europa. Olympiakos has falsely the opinion that since Europa gives no money its not worth fighting for. Which is true for big teams like the Whole English Premier League , The Whole German Bundesliga and the top teams of each good championship, a.k.a. the teams that can get their hands on Champions League money.

However , when Olympiakos gets kicked out of C L with 9 points almost every damn year, and doesnt give a f or two for Europa getting beaten by soon relegated Levante and a one season team named Dnipr, Greece gets downgraded , and now we re in a Situation where we ll be playing Europa league for almost every year.

None of these players that I will be name , would be in the squad currently if it wasnt for the secure Champions League Group Stage attendance : Finnbo , Pardo , Massuaku , Kasami , Roberto,  Cambiasso, Ideye, aka 5 of our 11 starters wouldnt care comming to a Championship not worth much.

We need to realize that under Marinakis , while the team has clearly dominated in Greece , in Europe we re a joke. Cant think of a 3rd power group team that in the last 5-6 years played at CL and only managed to qualify for the 16 once.
Now you ll tell me that we always get kicked out with 9 points while there are other teams that make it to the R16 with only 5 and 6 points. What you are telling me exactly is that that type of Groups are more balanced , meaning we would have the same chances to finish 4th as we d have to finish above 3rd place. Its a blessing that all this time , we ve had teams like Dinamo , Anderlecht , Malmo as our 4th tier opponent. Teams like Bate Borisov is far superior (and unlucky if you ask me) Gent or even Ludogorets seems like they would easily eat us.

Oh! And I tend to agree with all these Paos and Paoktzides who say we ruin some talents. The last 5 years, all those Greek youth/some not so young that we bought and ended up loaning them to Leivadia, Chania , Nea Smurni  and other teams I am almost 1000% sure that they could help build a Panathinaikos with much less flows than it has right now , and with much much cheaper wages. This would mean that Panathinaikos (i hate Alafouzos but its the most logic thing that could happen- I REALLY THINK ALAFOUZOS MISTREATS THE TEAM AND IS A KARAGIOZIS, DONT COME TELLING ME I SUPPORT HIM) could spend the money it did on useless metagrafes to bring maybe a couple of bigger names to Greece and help the championship get Recognized. 

Vouros , Kolovos , Tzandaris , Gianniotas , Vergos , Kapino , Avlonitis , Bouchalakis , Martinez , Yatabare , Pulido. Goutas

-------------------------Kapino-----------

--------Vouros Goutas Avlonitis-------

----------Bouchalakis Yatabare-------

--------------- Martinez-----------------

Gianniotas----Vergos----Pulido-----

this team could totally reach playoffs. 

The championship itself has already been upgraded, with the likes of like 10 teams aiming for playoffs. Pao , Aek , Paok , Asteras Tripolis , Iraklis are the current favorites to fight for a playoff spot and with teams like Levadiakos , Paniwnios , Pas Giannina and Xanthi being a possible threat. The upgrade of the championship's difficulty is pretty obvious from the fact that a team that was used to reach playoff the last couple of years ,is currently fighting relegation , I am talking about Atromitos. But with Oly having no opponent , we are going nowhere.

And here comes my antepixeirhma as an Oly fan and supporter. Ok , we stole some players from you , without needing them for the squad but just for the Lulz. Give some money and bring some players , or pay their managers a little more to get them you cheap fuks. 

That is all.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Wouldnt be any different to put these players I mentioned in a B team. Our championship and even our lower ranks are not so challenging , so this team would finish B e8nikh first  every season and the players still wouldnt be able to play in A ethniki.

I just had a discussion with some people , and they told me some pretty logical stuff. A talented player that plays in Greece A,B leagues must be very lucky to get a deal from a foreign team. The other possibilities are A) be bought by Olympiakos , loaned to Aris,Levadia,Panionios,Ergotelis. There he will play with pretty average teammates who can't help him get more attention , but instead could also keep him down, and a coach that most likely does not know how to use him best at the position that his talent helps him priveil. Fast forward 2 years and that player is used to the Super League tempo , which is totally non-existend, he sees no interest from a club that bought him like a maniac, which is the only club that can give him access to Europe ,and so his lust for success/glory are gone , and maybe his interest for the sport itself are gone. 

And B  he hasa good manager and family who help him realise what's best for his career and not for their tseph. Who help him understand that if he goes to Oly it will be a very fast move and could make his following career vanish.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank