Phantis Forums

PAOK History in Europe

Blackhawk

Here is the spreadsheet for next European season. It shows the seeded or non-seeded status of the clubs as it is during the season after each update by the forummember on the kassies-site:

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=FB41E3B5AA1A44FE!4317&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!ABqeGDbe7-QwpCY

If we qualify we will be seeded all the way from ECL Q2 to ECL PO (push the ECL-button). I do not believe in our fourth championship being 13 points behind and our shape so far. 

10 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Here is the spreadsheet for next European season. It shows the seeded or non-seeded status of the clubs as it is during the season after each update by the forummember on the kassies-site:

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=FB41E3B5AA1A44FE!4317&ithint=file%2cxlsx&authkey=!ABqeGDbe7-QwpCY

If we qualify we will be seeded all the way from ECL Q2 to ECL PO (push the ECL-button). I do not believe in our fourth championship being 13 points behind and our shape so far. 

I’m fine with this league for a few years. It’ll help improve our overall team coefficient while gaining some $$ throughout Europe. 

I hope to be playing in champions league qualifiers or Europa league group stage in a few seasons

• 1 month later...

As a reminder, here is our previous list. Colak is a sure thing; can't go into it with just Koutsias and Gaitanidis. IF there is a third change, I'm guessing one of Varela or Esiti gets dropped. I doubt Sastre will be added.

List A:
Πασχαλάκης, Ζίβκοβιτς, Άκπομ, Μπίσεσβαρ, Κρέσπο, Ελ Καντουρί, Εσίτι , Σίντκλεϊ, Κωνσταντέλιας, Κούρτιτς, Βαρέλα, Λύρατζης, Τέιλορ, Μιχαηλίδης, Μιχάι, Μιτρίτσα, Μουργκ, Σβαμπ, Ντούγκλας, Σφιντέρσκι, Τσιγγάρας, Βιεϊρίνια, Α.Ζίβκοβιτς.

List B:
Αβεντισιάν, Μπαλωμένος, Γαϊτανίδης, Γιαξής, Γρόσδης, Καλουτσικίδης, Κουλιεράκης, Κούτσιας , Παναγιώτου, Τάχατος, Ταλιχμανίδης , Τσαούσης, Τσοπούρογλου

You might be right. In my opinion:

OUT: Swiderski, Konstantelias, Varela

IN: Sastre, Soares, Colak

Oliveira is a question mark, but I don't think he will be ready for the two upcoming games, and frankly probably not for the Round of 16 games either (if we qualify). I don't think we will go past the Round of 16 anyway so it might be moot point.

1 hour ago, Athens4 said:

I just don't see how Ingason is fantastic. Again, he made some decent tackles in the box but surely that is his job? He couldn't keep the ball nor play a pass back to the keeper if his life depended on it.

Well, he is our best CB at the moment. He saved our butts a couple of times as well. Yes it's his job, but he's good at it. If you have a job to do and are good at it, say the best at your company, wouldn't you say you've done a good job? He's not a world beater defender. He's not even prime Varela. But defensively, he has been very solid for us. He's playing as a no-nonsense CB. It isnt his job to play long balls in the air. Like I always defend Esiti. Esiti is good at his job, F****ing things up in the midfield for opponents. 

• Like it 1

34 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

Well, he is our best CB at the moment. He saved our butts a couple of times as well. Yes it's his job, but he's good at it. If you have a job to do and are good at it, say the best at your company, wouldn't you say you've done a good job? He's not a world beater defender. He's not even prime Varela. But defensively, he has been very solid for us. He's playing as a no-nonsense CB. It isnt his job to play long balls in the air.

I'm not asking for long balls. I am just talking about keeping the ball. The fact that we are having this debate shows how poor our central defence is. The amount of times this guy smashes the ball into row Z instead of playing a simple ball sideways or to the keeper. I suppose you could say either he has no confidence on the ball or he has no confidence in his fellow defenders or goalkeeper. Either answer could be correct.

6 hours ago, Athens4 said:

I just don't see how Ingason is fantastic. Again, he made some decent tackles in the box but surely that is his job? He couldn't keep the ball nor play a pass back to the keeper if his life depended on it.

There is not a single player at our club without limitations from Zivkovic down. If you are ranking players at the club on output then Ingason is easy top 3-5. What he can do well he does with consistency and for the full match. So, for us he has been fantastic. Now if you are grading him against all other CBs across the globe then "xalia einai to paidi"

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

Draw for the Round of 16 for Conference Leagaue tomorrow.

SEEDED TEAMS (PAOK will face one of these teams)

Lask Linz
AA Gent
AS Roma
AZ Alkmaar
Feyenoord
FC Copenhagen
Stade Rennais
FC Basel

UNSEEDED TEAMS

Bodo Glimt
PSV Eindhoven
Partizan Beograd