Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

That's interesting.  I didn't know that.  

They also control Skondras and Konstantinidis.

As for Koulouris, he was called the next Klaus, after one great game, and it must have gone to his head. He got few chances to prove himself, but he didn't. Loan might actually do him some good. Just look at Pelkas. Also Deligiannidis is suposed to be more talented than Koulouris, but he was plagued by injuries. Hopefully he will get some playing time to show what he's got.

Superb post teke. I had no idea about the circumstances regarding Kace. Makes so much more sense now. How on earth did you know this ?! Impressive.

Now I can stop whining like a biatch about Kace, at least for a while. As for Tzandaris, time will tell, but I think he's really made a big mistake.

@bananas - i have a friend who runs a youth academy in western Makedonia. A bunch of his kids have ended up with PAOK's U12 U15 etc., and he brought up ACE and their shadiness with Fortounis. The rest I heard on Metropolis radio 95,5 a few weeks back.

I'm not too worried about Tzandaris. I don't think his ceiling is very high. Like a Stamou+ ... Same with Qiose. Big kid, but a lot like Katsikas. Although I hope he does well at Twente.

This reeks of panic buying.  Better to just stick with Koulouris.  Let the kid get 15+ games under his belt and then at the end of the season you can make a judgement on whether he's worth keeping or not.  This really is going to be a transitional year, or is it just me that is thinking that.

Pana97, the difference is this year it actually is a rebuild.  All the previous years the transfers were done, thinking they would have a team ready to at least challenge for the title.  That was the theory anyway.  This year all of the old timers have been shown the exit door, and all of the new signings are young.  Leovac is 27, but all the other transfers are 24 or less.  I have zero problem with this approach.  Do the PAOK fans however have the patience ?

Any talk of winning the title is stupid.  We haven't come close in 30 years.  The only person that is entitled to talk of winning a title is a journalist, because in Greece their job is to write M A L A K I E S.  Other than that, anyone talking of winning the league is a M A L A K A.  If we get to say round 24, and we are say 3 or 4 points off the pace, then you can start talking.  Until then, cut the crap and play the game.

Until we build a core group of around 8 players, we won't do anything.  Our core changes every year.  I hope this year it's different.  Having said that, I think the midfield will settle and be all right.  Up front, yes, we need another striker.  The big hole is still the centre of defence.

Do the PAOK fans however have the patience ?

I think that is one of the bigger problems facing Arnesen and Tudor. Add to the mix the sleazy Thessaloniki sports radio stations and press with agendas, and you have a recipe for disaster. I only hope that Savvidis comes out and says, no matter what the results are, this year we are starting to rebuild the team and Arnesen and Tudor are not going anywhere. 

• Like it 1

Regarding Marica, If I'm not mistaken, I think he normally has played more as a second forward, hence no huge scoring seasons.

I don't think it would be the worst move, yes we probably needed more of a "killer", however he could work well with Klaus, playing behind him, and Klaus is the type of player he can interchange with.

Don't let the lack of goals by Marica put you off, remember Marcus Berg wasn't exactly a goaltzi before he came to Greece, but coming from a much stronger league, Germany(like Marica) he found it easy going in Greece.