Phantis Forums

Kyrgiakos to Liverpool!

Euro2004

I checked Contra.gr and they were saying the same thing.Kurgiakos was saying farewell to his team-mates and at some point he said that he is going to a big club,Liverpool.AEK is supposed to be going after Morras to cover Kurgiakos departure.

Wow man we sell off our best defender 2 days before the european match and 5 days away from the gavros ti na sas po bravo klyrgiako!!!!!!

Aek will be open for business in the back line not in a good way incredible stuff coming out of aek this year completely suicide!!!!!!!!

mIN KANETE KAMIA MALA"/$/ KAI FERETE TON GOUMAS THA SAS STAVROSO!!!!!!!!!

Moras was linked back but the italian say he is not for sell bologna i beleive

Bravo again to kyrk. but aek :( :tdown: :( :tdown: tha fame golakia my friends

????????

Howcome Liverpool suddenly now makes a move for the guy????

I just hope he isnt going as a reserve. Finally a Greek to feature on an elite team?

Agger is injured and Skrtel cracked his jaw at the weekend. Hyypia also left during the summer so defensive reinforcements are needed. I've always bee a huge fan of Kyrgiakos though and if he can adapt to the pace of the Prem I'm confident he's capable of establishing himself as the starting duo with Carragher

This is unbelievable. Whilst I feel elated for Kyrgiakos it is depressing for AEK. Shades of Rivaldo leaving on the eve of last season's first game!! The Greek press are reporting that Kyrgiakos told management that either they lket him go to Liverpool or he would retire on the spot! But it is inexcusable for Bajevic to be left out of the loop until the very end. We're stuffed!

I keep reading all the greek sport sites and i mcan't still believe that this is happening!!!! I mean this is great news for Kyriakos but it really sucks for us. I can't believe a few days away from UEFA and the game with Oly we are selling our best defender!!! That is crazy!!!! I don't know what to say anymore!! Maybe we get Dellas back!!!(I hope not)... We will see. Now i believe the outcome of the next games we be defenetly different. It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! To the management :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: ...........

GOOD LUCK TO OUR TEAM AND DUSAN!!!!!!

I just want to say one thing about GREEK MEDIA.

Forget the obvious siding with OLY and s%$#! like that.

Forget the bogus transfer rumours to sell commericals and newspapers.

Forget even the obvious numbing knowledge durign broadcasts of games and analysis.

BUT WHEN THESE F***ERS TAKE A SITUATION LIKE THAT OF KYRGIAKOS SIGNING WTH ONE OF THE WORLDS BIGGEST CLUBS AND SAY

''ENDAKSI TORA, THA PAEI STHN AGGLIA KAI THA TRAVAEI FANELES KAI THA TRWH KARTES. THA TON FANE LOUKOUMI OI ROONEY BERBATOV TEVEZ VAN PERSIE KAI TA LIPA'

We are talking about one of the biggest if not the biggest signings for a greek player to a big european club and all these mother%^&%$ can say is negative comments.

F^&% sportFM, F%^& ERA SPORT, F%^& Sentra FM, F^%% , F%^$ Greek papers .. basically F*** GREEK MEDIA

im glad i dont have the patience to read that garbage.

I think he's always been a solid player and I'm quite serious when i beleive he is better than most strikers off of set peices. He's a good age with great european and international experience, hes played in Rangers, Bundesliga PAO and AEK, and Liverpool will benefit from him.

Big signing. Hope he does well there, obvioulsy he had no choice he could not pass up this chance. AEK still have good defenders IMO. Midfield is whats weak.

AEKs backline was directly dependant on Kyrgiakos.. Dont you remember last year int he playoffs against AEL they copped 2 goals int he game that kyrgiakos wasnt playing. and against us he wasnt 100% and it showed.

Mastorovic SUX. They are really weak in the back now.

I just want to say one thing about GREEK MEDIA.

Forget the obvious siding with OLY and s%$#! like that.

Forget the bogus transfer rumours to sell commericals and newspapers.

Forget even the obvious numbing knowledge durign broadcasts of games and analysis.

BUT WHEN THESE F***ERS TAKE A SITUATION LIKE THAT OF KYRGIAKOS SIGNING WTH ONE OF THE WORLDS BIGGEST CLUBS AND SAY

''ENDAKSI TORA, THA PAEI STHN AGGLIA KAI THA TRAVAEI FANELES KAI THA TRWH KARTES. THA TON FANE LOUKOUMI OI ROONEY BERBATOV TEVEZ VAN PERSIE KAI TA LIPA'

We are talking about one of the biggest if not the biggest signings for a greek player to a big european club and all these mother%^&%$ can say is negative comments.

F^&% sportFM, F%^& ERA SPORT, F%^& Sentra FM, F^%% , F%^$ Greek papers .. basically F*** GREEK MEDIA

I've always said that Kyrgiakos is a top class a defender. A centre of genuine European class. An old-school British style centre-back. He's aerially dominant, strong and very passionate. If this transfer happened 2-3 years ago I'd be 100% sure that he'd silence all the critics and establish himself as one of Europe's top defenders. Unfortunately I've noticed that he's lost a yard or so of pace in the last 6 months. This may be a problem in a Liverpool team that likes to play a high defensive line.

Nonetheless Kyrgiakos has always been my favourite player and I'm delighted that we have a Greek at one of the world's top clubs. The Greek media can kiss my arse with their negative bullshit! Kyrgiakos practically carried us to Euro 2008 with his solid defending and important goals and this is the thank you the guy gets? He was hands down the best defender in the league last year and we should all look at this move with pride.

@ Irlandos: This transfer can certainly benefit Liverpool. Carrager will certainly start but Agger and Skrtel aren't necessarily better than Kyrgiakos. Along with Terry, Lescott and Vidic he'll also be the most dominant aerial defender in the league. Against teams like Stoke, Bolton, Blackburn and even Chelsea that will be useful. Let's be proud of him.

@ Cerigo: You can't blame Kyrgiakos for wanting to leave. For most players this is a pipe dream. Kyrgiakos was always underrated. He was part of a solid PAO defence (when we had a defence with balls!), he was part of the solid Rangers defence that won the league and went to the last 16 of the CL thanks to that defence, and he was part of Frankfurt when they were a UEFA Cup team. In other words, he's always been part of teams that had very impressive defensive backlines. Yet he's never received the recognition that he deserved. This is the sort of move that every player dreams about. Along with the other English 3 and Barca (possibly Real now too) they are one of the elite teams in world football; and along with Real, Barca, Man Utd, Milan and Bayern they are one of the elite clubs in the history of European football. The management should have informed Bajevic, particularly as he's probably been planning the Vaslui game with Kyrgiakos in mind, but the player has done nothing wrong. He's always given 100% to wherever he's been.

I agree with everything you said except one thing..

Possibly REAL?

Brother, Real is probably the most prestigious club out of the lot...

but strong points everywhere else

Real a def the biggest club, but I'm not sure they are an elite team at the moment. In other words on the actual field of play. Marseille are a very big club too, but they aren't a great team at the moment. Real have been eliminated in the last 16 of the CL in the last 3 years. That's on a par with the Greek teams in the last 2 years. But as a club they are the biggest of them all.

I didnt realise the Greek sports media were such shits. I'm genuinely shocked by what they wrote about him.

He is one player I always thought would fit into the premier league with ease.

Hope he is given the chance to show his talents.

@ Irlandos: This transfer can certainly benefit Liverpool. Carrager will certainly start but Agger and Skrtel aren't necessarily better than Kyrgiakos. Along with Terry, Lescott and Vidic he'll also be the most dominant aerial defender in the league. Against teams like Stoke, Bolton, Blackburn and even Chelsea that will be useful. Let's be proud of him.

@ Cerigo: You can't blame Kyrgiakos for wanting to leave. For most players this is a pipe dream. Kyrgiakos was always underrated. He was part of a solid PAO defence (when we had a defence with balls!), he was part of the solid Rangers defence that won the league and went to the last 16 of the CL thanks to that defence, and he was part of Frankfurt when they were a UEFA Cup team. In other words, he's always been part of teams that had very impressive defensive backlines. Yet he's never received the recognition that he deserved. This is the sort of move that every player dreams about.

assuming this transfer goes ahead i'm thrilled for the guy and pleased that a greek player will be playing for a top club but he is no where near the quality of agger or skrtel he has only been signed as cover and if everyone is fit he will only play in league cup matches. yes he's great in the air and scores alot of goals for a defender and his game is probably suited to the english league but he's miles behind agger and skrtel in terms of quality.

i hope it works out for him :gr:

Guys let's look at this from a copule prespectives:

Kyriakos - put yourself in his position, who in their right mind turn down an opportunity like this. An opportunity of a lifetime. Most likely the biggest and best club he will ever play for in his carrer.

AEK - For AEK there is no sugar coating it, loosing your best defender definitely sucks, especially if they were given an ultimatum by the player. I'm a little surprised they could not squeeze some more money out of liverpool.

GREECE - definitely a positive for Greek soccer, this ranks up there with any Greek player playing or has played for a big club.

Life will go on for AEK and I'm sure they will be fine. One player (although great player in this case) does not make the entire team. Maybe the use the money to make a signing.

Archived