Phantis Forums

CL-QR3-L1: Ajax - PAOK (26-Jul-16, 21:45 GR)

Blackhawk

Ajax.jpg  vsPAOK.jpg

MATCHUP:           FC Ajax Amsterdam - P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki

COMPETITION:   Champions League - Qualifting Round 3 - leg 1

DATE:                   26-July-2016

TIME:                    21:45 GR  (18:45 GMT, 13:45 CDT, 04:45 AEST next day)

CITY/STADIUM:   Amsterdam - Amsterdam Arena (52,960)

REFEREES:          Javier Fernandez - Miguel Munuera, Francisco Garcia (All Spain)

TELEVISION:       OTE Sport 1 HD (Greece), Ziggo Sport (Holland), Sport 1 (Israel), Sport Plus (USA, Canada, Australia)

PAOK's History against Ajax Amsterdam

1973: Toumba Stadium (Att: 45,000), Friendly Game:  PAOK - Ajax  1:1  (36. Sarafis)

1988: Kaftanzoglio St. (Att. ?), Friendly Game:  PAOK - Ajax  4:2  (13. Fernando, 15. Skartados, 64. Alexandridis, 90. Malioufas

2010: CL-QR3-L1:  Amsterdam Arena (Att. 24,151):  Ajax - PAOK  1:1  (72. Ivic)

2010: CL-QR3-L2:  Toumba Stadium (Att. 24,109):   PAOK - Ajax  3:3  (16. Vieirinha, 56. Salpiggidis, 90. Ivic)

For me the whole progession against ajax comes down to klaus. All european games come down to who is a rock at the back who runs their ass of in midfield and who has a finisher up front.

We will run in midfield, we will scrambke in defence but will klaus have what it takes to score upfront??

It all for me comes down to klaus.

We have a solid midfied, with quick wingers we can hold our own.

Ivic is a sound coach and wil work our defence.

Its will klaus step up and tuck away his chance or make his chance to tuck away.

• Like it 1

As I think was mentioned earlier, their striker (Milik) will almost certainly be unavailable for this match (due to his delayed vacation from the Euros). It's also a possibility that he will be sold, as Napoli is interested in him. That would be great for us.

I remember watching the games 6 years ago (wow) In holland we got played off the park but if it wasn't for typical Xalkias mistake on a ball that was in the air we maybe would have got away with a clean sheet. 
Our only really chance was smashed in by Ivic, i think I woke my whole street up when that went in. 

A 1-1 would be great, if we manage to keep a clean sheet that would be amazing. But if we can somehow pinch a goal, we give ourselves a real chance. don't know why, I have a good feeling about this tie. 

Little to no chance of tv coverage in australia i assume? We'll probably have to stream it

• Like it 1

Little to no chance of tv coverage in australia i assume? We'll probably have to stream it

Speaking of...I'm hoping fox soccer is going to carry this. They have all CL games + most EL, but I'm not sure if qualifiers count. If so, might be time to kickstart the 'ole subscription.

Bein is the only hope for conventional coverage in Aus, however me thinks they'll start at the playoff stage. ANT1 might get it, I recall last year they showed PAO-Brugge. Either way... get yourself a mag or Android box and the world is your oyster.

Edited by kozi

Not related to Austria, but OTE has the rights to the away match, while NOVA has the rights to the home one. So the first should be easy enough to get a stream for.

Defs surprising that Facundo was left off the list, It may mean that he could be on the way out.
Could Xatzi be being left out because he refused to go to Steoua as part of the Varela deal? And the club are using this as a sort of punishment? In saying that Ivic didn't seem to rate him when he took over, so maybe he's looking at a long season. Which is a shame, he showed some solid signs when he joined, I think he should be kept. 

Even if Varela does get put in the squad, surely he doesn't play? At least in the first leg seeing he hasn't trained in like 3 weeks or something, due to injury.