Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

that team would finish 6th

Our problem majority of last season was keeping other teams from scoring against us, not scoring goals ourselves. I think bringing Rajkovic and Goutas would go a long way to ensuring our backline is reliable. Last season you didn't know who was going to line up in our centreback pairing. We conceded more goals than Levadiakos, Kerkyra, Kalloni, Platanias, Xanthi, Panetolikos, Giannina and the rest of the sides in the playoffs

Edited by Pontos
  • Like it 1

Welcome back!!

I do like Stafylidis, but I think at this point we still have four LBs on our books, correct? Even if we get rid of Tzavellas, we have Korovesis, Rat, and I could swear we have a youth team member that we played a few times this season? I'm drawing a blank on his name. And...frankly, I'd rather own whoever we have. We keep getting burned with loanees (even if Stafylidis is ex-PAOK).

Do you think Korovesis is up to it? I question his defensive ability and can see him being more of an asset further up the park.

I didn't have the rekindling of a PAOK romance in mind when thinking Stafylidis as an option, even though it would help bring him back to the club. I think Bayern will be loaning him out again and he has experience playing the the GSL.

If we do go after a left back I do think it should be him even if it is a loan, would also mean we don't risk being stuck with some contracted flop who's mooching a salary (Maduro).

I was mostly figuring that Korovesis was bought entirely so that he could be the understudy to Rat, with Tzavellas hopefully making way. Honestly though, the only Giannina matches I watch are the ones where they play us, so I can't really say if he'd kill it with us.

You are right though in us needing someone who's ready to start in that position - Rat is no spring chicken, and if he has a dropoff like he did last season, then whoever is #2 is going to get a lot of playing time.

Charisis, I'm more confused about. He's very young, is the plan to actually play him in the CM, or will he be a bit player like Kitsiou was this season?

Charisis is an up and coming player. Much better signing than Korovesis in IMHO. He is young and still developing. Hopefully we will get a coach that will help the player (and not only him) develop. I would like Stafylidis back, but he  will most likely come back when his international career is over.

BTW, nice to see Pontos joining our little group. Welcome back. 

Edited by Blackhawk
  • Like it 1

Gabriel Torje is a player I think we should target. Udinese have had him out on loan the last 3 seasons and he found some form in Turkey last season, perhaps we should enquire about a loan with option to buy? He's been linked with us in previous seasons, having Rat might help too

http://www.transfermarkt.com/gabriel-torje/profil/spieler/47184

Edited by Pontos

PAOK had 12 players on loan this past season. Here is the list and possible future with the team:

LUCAS (Deportivo) - Deportivo would like to keep him, but PAOK is asking for 2 mil Euro and they are not willing to pay that much.

PELKAS (Vitoria Setubal) - his contract with PAOK expires on December 31, 2015. If Setubal pays PAOK 400K Euro they get to keep him, but it looks like they are not willing to do that. He will probably get a chance to impress the new PAOK coach and possibly sign a contract extension

JACOBO (Tenerife) - persona non grata for PAOK (or any team he plays for). PAOK should somehow get rid of him, but how is the big question

MARTENS (Cercle Brugge) -Since Cercle Brugge got relegated, he remains with PAOK and it is not clear what will happen wiht him

MELISSIS (Iraklis Psachna) - had a good season in Football league. I would keep him as a 3rd goalie now that Itandje and Giakoums are gone.

PANAGIOTOUDIS (Kalamaria) - Boloni considers him a big talents, but has not proven himself yet. I think his time with PAOK might be running out.

QOSE (Kalamaria) - poor season due to many injuries. Expect another loan next season.

PAPADOPOULOS (Kalamaria) - contract for one more year. Needs to impress the new coaches.

POPOVIC (Aiginiakos) - same as Panagiotoudis. Talented, but never proves it when it counts. His time is running out.

POLYZOS (Aiginiakos) - two more years left. Looking at another loan.

GIANNOULIS (Pierikos) - had a good season on a mediocre team. Considered a talent. Let's see if he can impress the new coach. Contract with PAOK until June 2016

MYSTAKIDIS (Pierikos) - good season as well, but most likely not ready for big time.

Edited by Blackhawk

None of these people really give me any faith, honestly. Especially the youngin's. Qose looked poor in the one or two games he featured in when Stevens was coach. Not so familiar with Papadopoulos.

Melissis would be logical to keep. We can do much better than any of the others (unless Martens really wants to come back to us, and actually starts playing for real).

A decision had to be made. Obviously in haste as the Europa qualifiers start in weeks. As least for Europe.

Good luck to Tudor. He's not very experienced as a manager but he was well regarded as a player. He speaks fluent Italian and I noticed he was giving interviews on the Paok site in Italian.