Phantis Forums

Transfer News And Rumors - Summer 2015

pash

Would be hard to argue with that.

Arnesen is asked about Garcia about an hour into the above press conference. Essentially says that he gave him a little while to think about what he wanted to do with the club (scout, coach, etc). Garcia chose to become a coach, so Arnesen told him that he needs to start slowly. Right now he's the U17's assistant coach, and is working on getting his badges. I'm glad they're taking it slow with him, it would be typical for us to give him a far-too-elevated position when he is just getting started (*coughstevenscoughcough*)

They know they are losing the player and are holding out for more money. Apparently they turned down 500K offer from PAOK. The problem is that right now we need a goalie and Malmo will do anything to jack up the price.

Great interview.  Very heartening!  Not used to the idea of our club being run professionally.  I especially liked the way Arnesen deflected the usual silly talk about "metagrafes" and "do you think you can win the title".  The media wants what the media wants.

Arnesen brought up some points which are critical to PAOK ever becoming a successful team.  Most importantly, developing a winning mentality.  Also, not thinking too far ahead and the priority being to be concerned with the next game (or two).  Our goal should simply be to play better and better each week.  Well, for now our goal should be to be able to string 5 passes together whereas now it seems like at any moment we will lose the ball and a counter attack will be on ;)

Ergys Kace is linked to Lazio Roma.

Don't think it's the right time for him yet.

He should better stay another year with us to become a better player and if he qualifies with Albania for EURO2016 he will be worth more. Unless he has a contract until 2016. Then we better sell him now and rent him for a year for free.

Kace has a contract until 2017. Now would be a good time to extend his contract and give him a nice raise (and set a good example for the other youngsters).  If a good offer arrives make the most of it.

• Like it 2

The fact that Kace is on around 5x less money than Maduro is a bit of a joke.  The kid was voted our MVP for the season and is on the lowest wage of all the main players in the squad.  There are youth players on less, but pretty much all the main squad, except Tzandaris earns/earned a much better wage than him.  It's crap like this that doesn't help.  Spyropoulos has been getting paid 2.5x what Kace has been paid.  Crazy.

• Like it 1

I wonder if the club will be able to pay these people if/when the country drops the euro. I'm guessing our bank accounts are in Cyprus, and that they'll draw salaries in that way.

And regarding the above - I don't think this guy is worth a million, frankly. But I guess with events unfolding as they are, we'll have to really shell out the dough to get *anyone*.

Agree, 1 million is a lot of money, at least for a loan player.  According to sport24.gr, PAOK wants to split the payment up depending on games played.  $200K per 7 games played which isn't too bad.  End of the day, the season before last (2013-2014) he was the top goal scorer in the Eredivisie with 29 goals, so if he could even recapture half of that form, I'd be happy.

As to signing him permanently, that's a long way down the road and I'm sure Real Sociedad would want to regain a good portion of the $7.5M they paid.

Exactly. At least he's young, but yet again we're here to recuperate someone who has fallen out of form. I guess we will see how this plays out.

Any word on Salpi? Assuming he leaves, we'd have just Klaus and Koulouris going forward. It's about time Koulouris gets serious game time; I would think having someone as expensive as Finny won't exactly help in that regard (at least until the inevitable barrage of suspensions hits us midseason again).