Phantis Forums

Summer 2006 transfers

cyberfish

contra.gr says Javier Farinos.... a washup midfielder

http://www.contra.gr/Soccer/Hellas/AEth/Pa...kos/125342.html

why not go all out and solve the DEFENSIVE problem....we have creativity and goalscorers....Farinos is useless to this team. We have Romero, Bidis, Eki, and Gkekas, Mantzios, Pap who can put them in.... who cares about name signings every single one of them is overrated!

and for the millionth time stupid news agencies......its

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude i think u need to chill out a bit!

about what? its true our problem is defensive. if you think im wrong i reference last season. As for Javier, its annoying that journalists think its a french name, its Javier, not javie...the mistake is annoying

the rumors have us offering 2 mil for Inters' Santiago Solari...

I have no problem with either him or Savola, as long as we can get at least 1 more quality defender.... Then you'll truely see SUPERLIGA

the rumors have us offering 2 mil for Inters' Santiago Solari...

I have no problem with either him or Savola, as long as we can get at least 1 more quality defender.... Then you'll truely see SUPERLIGA

Solari is quality! His brother plays for APOEL and is reported to love it in Cyprus, the people, the lifestyle, etc. So if an offer has been made its possible because his brother will put in a good word too.

And, Saviola won't come to play for a club that finishes 2,3, 4 (except once) in the last 10 years. It's no secret that no one respects Greek footbal as practiced domestically...... Many have said so (incl. Karagounis) after FIFA threatened to throw us out recently.... Saviola wants to have a Euro presence and a respectable show, domestically and internationally. I also believe that Saviola will NOT come to Greece.... He's using PAO's offer as a way to get more $$$ from others! Mark my words!

I said this 5 ..forum pages ago! We may not like it, but Greek football league is not respected outside the country's borders (not that it get much more respect inside) and our teams can only attract big names after they're past their glory days! They may come in to pick up a paycheck and sell team jerseys!

I hope our "geniouses" that manage our club didn't really plan on getting big names in order to build the team..... and that Saviola was used as a ploy to pacify fans that daydream of having big stars on the roster....

thats not true. with money things change. Afterall look at the types of siging the Turk Super League has managed to pull....and their league is worse than ours

Anelka- Fenerbahce

John Carew- Besiktas

Ribery- Galatasaray

Van Hoijdonk- Fenerbahce

Alex- Fenerbahce

Tomas Jun- Trabzonspor

Camacho, Halihodzic....

saying that the level of the domestic play is obviously wrong because the Greek domestic league is stronger than Turkey as a competition, and it shows you that for money pplayers will go away from these big 5-6 leagues..

maybe.....

not seeing the team play hardly any friendlies is a big reason....

its ridiculous. the team needs GAMES not practices...

last year there was the excuse about it being a new team...and thats fine....but if its a new team, HOW COME THEY PLAYED 3-4 FRIENDLIES ONLY???

Geyros is playing that many -----this WEEK alone and playing the charity match vs the local village DOES NOT COUNT AS A FRIENDLY!!

We need matches! Bakke is already making the same mistakes as Malesani and hes been here what a month...mistake of being content with the defense, and not encouraging more friendlies...i dont really care for tactics im sure hes great but u need the essentials first....

and i dont get Saviola....weve wasted a month on him now....guess what if hes takes so long----HE DOESNT WANT TO COME. We dont need him anyways we have no problems with strikers and judging off of what i saw in the WC with Mexico ----- Mantzios is better anyways!

this is the friendly game in paiania

so...we saw blackburn get torn to shreds so i expect to win this next one.

Sollied has his men working there ass off and proving themselves and as a result they are getting ready and are better.....

Bakke looks to be preparing the team...identical to Malesani...few games, hesitating/wasting time on uneeded transfers , bringing in a favourite, ingnoring defense....

i hope Bakke can prove he knows what hes doing, because the team has played 2 games so far and that is ridiculous.

as for Saviola-----decision is best for PAO and Saviola. Saviola was the worst player in the stadium vs Mexico for argentina, and hes basically a loan-whore who cant stay where he goes. Hed get tired of PAO and want to leave after a year.

And of course his prescios reputation cant be seen in such a low league as Greece....he loses out on money and glory (and a nice place to live that will be billions times better than any north europe league he goes to)

Real Great players dont go and move to great teams-----they MAKE teams great. That is how you become a legend- which Saviola will never be.

After the whole Saviola scenario the only name that is strongly mentioned as our next transfer is Linderoth who kinda make sense as Bake's "favourite"

NAME: Tobias Linderoth

POSITION: Midfielder

HEIGHT: 1.76 M

WEIGHT: 75 Kg

GOALS: 1

CAPS: 61

BIRTHDATE: Apr 21, 1979

His a defensive midfielder, he holds up Sweden's midfield to good effect and had a good world cup this year; i still dont think we need another defensive Mid but i would make an exception for him because of his perfromences in the world cup and the fact that every Swede rates him as a work horse for many years.

you wont get a negative word from anyone in reguards to this player which means he is the type to nuckle down as they say...

where did you hear that?

I would be happy to see him......Tziolis/Andric are good but are they big enough to keep us going all season and in europe? im not so sure about it...

But Tobias played well in the WC and he should no doubt boost our midifield...so i would happy to see him...

I just hope they give up on signing a striker...its just not what we need to stregthen.

everyday there are new names on a neverending list... i do think we will sign another good player... my only concern with the late signings is how will this team gel with so few friendlies? & the possibility of new players with no expeience playing with the players on the present roster... :(

Archived