Phantis Forums

UEFA Cup: PAOK - VfB Stuttgart

Ziaka

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goooooooaaaaaaaaallllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0 PAOK!!!!!

:box: :box: :tup:

Amir Azmy Megahed strkies for PAOK FC, just 3 minutes after the restart. The Egyptian heads in from close range, directing his effort downwards beyond VfB Stuttgart goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand from a Elias Charalambous corner.

Gia sas Paoktzides...

Watched the game on the German TV....

PAOK controlled the game till the 85min nicely......

It was not brilliant but solid.... both teams had some chances

PAOK's goal came on a corner and a header from about 6 meters....

The ball seemed that it passed the line.... before the Goalkeeper pushed it out and fortunately the Referee has given it

Nothing was showing that Stuttgart could change the game.... and this game was a very important one for Trappatoni... as Stuttgart could not yet fullfill the expectation in the Bundesliga... So if they would have lost the game.... European-Cup would be also nearly dead for them...

Then in the 85 minute a shoot from around 25m - 27m from the most active Player of Stuttgart (player from Serbia)..... H mballa erxete sirti sto mouskemeno gipedo..... alla dunata sti mesi tou termatos....... You would think no danger... as Fernandes is 6 meters off his Goal and he is ready to catch it.... till then he played very well...... Then suddenly the ball passes Fernandes between his hands....

:o :o ..... and the ball is in :o

The 1 : 2

Stuttgart's player runs to a tete a tete .... when he just enters the penalty box area....( 1 meter ) .... Feutchini (I think it was him).... plays intentionally the foot and not the ball.... Penalty and a Red Card... = Correct decision....

It was really a strange feeling to have lost the game... in the last minutes....where I was sure that PAOK would bring the victory over the time... and I was joying..with the thought...that a Greek Team would defeat a German Team with a certain reputation....

But unfortunately...everything changed.... :huh:

Short said... without this bloody strange mistake from Fernandes... PAOK would have get the 3 points.... unexcusable for Fernandes ... I think he was too confident of himself...and he was not fully concentrated...on that Action (My opinion)

Again unexcusable....

So PAO lost in the last minutes.... So Olympiakos for several times...and now PAOK....

This says...something is wrong with Greek Football

A PAOK couple years back.... would have blown Stuttgart out today.....

Hasta Luego... Blanco-Negros...

PS. This saison in Germany and in Europe... VfB did not lose any single away game....

are you serious?!?!?!?

you think something is WRONG WITH THE TEAMS??!!

ANYBODY NOTICE THAT ALL GREEK TEAMS LOST AT THE DEATH THIS WEEK? 3 days in a row!? stop bashing the league and coaches thats an obvious curse and bad luck

some years ago we had the kind of luck u need in theese matches!

it has also something to do with getting scared in the final minutes of the game :ph34r:

Guest Protathlitis7

ti bad luck drakos?

dont you think the fact that we lose at the death 3 days in a row tell us that its the OPPOSITE of just bad luck

there is a reason for it. 1) a lack of emphasis on fitness in training 2) arrogance/ laziness and weak mindedness

and the last one is partly caused by foreign players who could not give a s%$#! about the shirt

ti bad luck drakos?

dont you think the fact that we lose at the death 3 days in a row tell us that its the OPPOSITE of just bad luck

there is a reason for it. 1) a lack of emphasis on fitness in training 2) arrogance/ laziness and weak mindedness

and the last one is partly caused by foreign players who could not give a s%$#! about the shirt

BINGO :tup:

well said....

After the Euros greek soccer is cursed. Bad luck lack of training these guys are profesionla they get paid well to play football..We are cursed it is a Greek tragedy...Every year in these competitions is the same violi what ever it is I hope it changes soon.....When ur playing in front of 25000 with the other team down ten men and they acore a crap goal it is bad luck...When your playing against Roseberg in the Kairaskaki and you are all over them how the ###### do they end up winning 3-1... when your playing Udinese in front of 35000 and the italians have no business in being in the matxh and your defendr does something that i have never seen before in 29 years of my life and they score...i think it is a curse and bad luck.....these teams could be up 4 or 5 nothing im talking about the reds, greens and paok and would still find a way to lose....

anyways good luck to Paok in the rest of the competiton and we hope Panathanaikos can progress in the Uefa cup so we can have something to look forward too in Greek football....

its the european hangover after winning the Euro and we are puking our brains out when is this headache going to end!!!!

at the end of the day it was unlucky but stuttgart deserved the victory. they were the better team. i have not seen paok create a single chance in the second half. it was a home game and paok needed the points yet they did very little to get them.

same with olympiakos yes they lost in an unlucky fashion but lyon, real, trondheim deserved what they got.

its not that the greek teams play great football and loose unluckily. i would say a definite lack of fitness. conceding goals that late and not being able to do more than trying to keep the score on a regular shows lack of fitness on behalf of the greek teams. nothing else, no curse, no nothing...

they have to work harder and play more organised with a certain amount of strategy. with every single throw in paok had yesterday they lost the ball directly.

ti bad luck drakos?

Well said.

There is a complacency today in Greek football which has not been earnt and these failures are the result of this.

Why are all these teams capitulating in the final seconds of such matches?

These clubs today have to get back to basic fitness regimes and skill sessions and also maybe look at employing sports psychologists (if they don't already).

Dev katalabaivw!

Also these things have nothing to do with curses or even luck. Luck will at least average itself out over a course of a season etc.

Basic solutions to these problems.

All Greek teams are failing. From the Ethniki to the clubs.

I think this is related to the problems of Greek football, so I will state my opinion:

How can you have a player like Aggelos Charisteas who is a professional and a European Champion but who has such poor ball control and footballing technique(aerial ability aside)???

On top of everything Shkahtar (actually father helping his son) gifted Rapid 3 points by losing at home. Three teams are now with 6 points in the top 3 spots that lead to next round. Only by winning the last two games does PAOK have a slim chance of advancing.

Yes Ziaka you're right. I think our only chance to advance is to win the next two games against Rapid and Rennes, and hope Rapid loses away against Stuttgart.

Is the tiebreaker based on head to head games?

Ziaka, you were also right about the Shakhtar/Rapid connection... That was the worse possible result for us.

olympiakos11, I read there were 25,000 fans at Toumba.

That's the worst part about it... I can't think of a worse way to lose a lead and the game, playing at home against 10 players, in front of a sold-out home crowd. This loss really hurts...

Archived