Phantis Forums

O PAO DEN EINAI PROPONITIRIO TIS ETHNIKI OMADA

Panos13

I see some of the points of the Basina haters but I don't understand why people think that we need xenoi to succed. All that I have to say is that when PAO would make a good run in Europe, the nucleus was GREEK players with the odd xeno that would be able to add an ability that our Greek players didn't have. We lost to Udinese with 9 foreigners starting and that dissapointed me more than the 3-0 scoreline. We played some Greek talent in the next game and we beat Bremen with a very good second half performance. Another thing that I have to say is that the 3-0 at Rizoupoli has something to do with the treatment of the players and coaches from that day on. The players that some of you are calling losers won something that is much bigger than the bush league that we call the A Ethniki or any club that exists in Greece. They won the Euro and some of you are calling them losers. Droph. :tdown: I would take the 1 Euro that Greece won over 1000 prothathlimata that PAO might win in the future.

Whatever you say buddy.

So basically you say that we should never buy foreign players ?

I still am not sure what you actually mean, really.

Make a choice. Do you want only Greeks young and old without foreigners, do you want only the old greeks (goumobasinades) plus foreigners, or do you want the team the way they are now ?

You state the rizoupoli players were all got kicked out. Why ?

Late me just say this. Before the Rizoupoli game most of those Greek players that you wish them to be still at Pao were driving non-luxury cars. For some reason after that game in Rizoupoli the Summer that followed most of them were driving luxury cars and made expensive buys that couldn't be done according to theit contractrs, and that gave Vardinogiani the belief that sme of them including Basinas, Nikopolidis I will say no more names could have probably been ....bribed to not preform in that game... :whistle: This is an additional reasn why xeskatarisma had to be done.

I will repeat this in a different way. If Pao as a team were to pay according to their efforts all the Greek players (young/old) that are in the team, Pao would be constantly be on the loosing side of making money. Constantly and that would breing our demise as a club.

This is why we have an academy were new young blood is ready to give it all and play really well (for a very punny contract) in a small period of 3-5 years in order to get a good contract with Pao or an even much better one from abroad.

In the meantime the managment wil defenantly keep the 1 or 2 best Greeks at least wih expensive contracts. The rest can be sold or let got for free since there will always be more new talent waitng.

Now some of those players after a good run or 2 in Europe with Pao think that they are big timers. Then is why we have to let them go.

We are not the only club that does that. Many other clubs are able to compete at the highest club level (Chapions league the sme way) like Ajax, Porto, PSV, Arsenal, Lion and many more clubs especially from France, Holland and Portugal formthat have good scouters and get in their team the best very young players posible from inside and outsid the league to make profit out of them from an eventual sell and of course for soccer playing purposes until they get sold.

And if you think that is wrong, look at Solid the Osfp coach might bring a new mentality to the Pireotes how he thinks and works. My exsample goes to Toure and Babakinda who will make them in a couple of seasons of worthy soccer games and then a lot of Mil. and Kokalis will make a fortune selling them.

Of course now (still Osfp does) and Aek and even in some cases the rest of Greek teams end up with ex- Pao players that are prooven to be good and had stayed with the team for probably about 5-6 years...

In any case I think change is good and the players you mention have already completed their cycle, and if it wasn't Rehagels wierd coaching mind there would be no Euro but simply nothing, because other Greek players in the past have been so much greater from the Goumobasinades Generatrion and without a good coach had achived nothing...

Rehagel played untisocer in Eurocup full of defense (with 3 defensive halfs) were 0-0 was an acceptable score,( something that doesn't work in qualifiers...) and we were lucky in most case to score from set piese a goal. Actually against Frence we scored in contra, and against Spain we had Chiartas magic long ball... We we simply lucky and that luck run out. End of story.

The national team in the Mudial qualifiers played one dissent game in Georgia, that is it.

Agaisnt Demark in Greece the Zagorakis goal shouldn't count since Kolina hadn't blown the wistle for the free kick...

The only player that almost saved us was Gianakopoulos. If he ad score that horizontal bar in Turkey things could have been a litte better though, if we managed to beat Turkey in their home...

Oloi sigoura simfwnoume sto oti mia omada xreiazetai sto roster tis kai ellines kai ksenous...oute mono ellines oute mono ksenous...Omws na sas pw kati?Protimw ton kseno pou einai metrios kai erxetai stin Ellada,porwnetai me ton kosmo kai ton blepeis na prospathei akoma perissotero gia na ginei kaliteros,apo ton ellina-benteta me oti ayto sinepagetai....

O kyrios Mpasinas,pou bgike ap'tin Paiania kai dilwnei bazelos meta to 3-0 tis Rizoupolis pige Milano gia shopping!Meta to 2-2 me gabro adeiase ton Xalkia kai ypostirikse to melos les kai ayto de tha dimiourgouse asximes katastaseis stin omada...Persi me tin AEK pou eprepe na ta dwsei ola gia ola epeidi pigainame gia protathlima bgike sto telos kai eipe oti de mporei allo s'ayti tin omada,exei ksenerwsei......Alitheia?Kai meta apo ayto ti perimenes na kanei i dioikisi?Na sou dwsei prim opws zitages ap'ton Mitsou epeidi kalipses ti diafora twn 7 bathmwn??Oxi kyrie Mpasina kapsonia tha sou kanei gia na prosexeis alli fora ti les gia tin omada sou...

Alla me kollito to Mixalaki ti perimeneis?

"

here's a case where Basinas has nothing left to prove in Greece. If he feels he's that good get a 3 yr contract outside of Greece in order to prove his greatness...

oly is not going enywhere in the CL & Aek is eliminated from euro play, so he should want to go to a team that will be in the CL...

but that would probably make too much sense

The national team in the Mudial qualifiers played one dissent game in Georgia, that is it.

Agaisnt Demark in Greece the Zagorakis goal shouldn't count since Kolina hadn't blown the wistle for the free kick...

You make some interesting points overall, but on the Colina blowing the whistle issue, you might be incorrect.

The rules state that the side awarded the free kick does not need to wait for the whistle to be blown or for the defensive wall to be set before playing on. The referee, in this instance Colina merely needs to allow the kick to be taken and this does not necessarily involve the blowing of his whistle. It has happened a number of times in the last few seasons.

With your post, you'll start a conspiracy that Colina was on the take from the Greeks.

There is alot of controversy surrounding that rule, what happens is when a team is awarded a free-kick the ref asks the players if they want to take it , and with a sly nod of the head, they fool the opposition.

The funny thing about the goal was the goalkeeper, sorensen, who played in england saw henry and co. pull it off time and time again, so when he stood on the post, he recognised the situation and dashed to the otherside of the goal, only to find greeks arent to talented at free-kicks and if he wasnt so intelligent on the subject and stayed where he was, the ball would have come straight to him.

amazing how up until a year ago this guy was your hero for PAO and now

typical pao style management kicking the guy out to the curb !

You've got all your facts wrong.

Basinas was the one that asked to leave and we did him a favour paying him up until xmas whilst releasing him to find the team he wants to go to.

• 2 weeks later...

With your post, you'll start a conspiracy that Colina was on the take from the Greeks.

I remember in EURO I saw him at one of Greece's games cheering them on - from the TV obviously - cant rem which game it was - maybe the final.

Archived