Phantis Forums

Pao vs Barcelona

panatha_boy

Our next 2 games in the champions league are against one of the best sides in Europe, barcelona. with the likes of ronaldihno, eto'o, deco, puyol, van bommel, im wondering if pao can at least get a point against. im hoping that we can at least draw to them at home. we need to win our other game against udinese at home, then we would end up with 7 points and most likely get through to the next phase. :tup:

but who will stop the magician ronaldihno? will he put concenceiao on him for the whole game? who will play on eto'o, goumas?

what do you guys think about these next 2 games against a team that are one of the favourites to win the champions league.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First game is at Home....

pao has one huge problem!!! and that is defence!! they let Kalithia score 2 goals against them can you imagine what Barcelona are going to do???

At the moment pao are on abit of a roll, 3 wins in a row can you belive it :P!! the team is slowly starting to gel together however out defence is still F***ed and will remain F***ed unless we can pick up someone in the next transfer window!!!

i honestly think will lose both these matches and atleast one of them by a big score...

Pao 0 - 2 Barcelona

Barcelona 4 - 0 pao

P.S when it gets closer to the game ill change my prediction if needed.... The best chance we have of taking atleast 1 point of them is at home, so lets all hope they can do it.....

Guest Protathlitis

ooowhoooo I cant wait

after you vaseloi went nuts after the 2-1 in Madrid I am gonna just sit back and enjoy this XXX rated material :tup:

its especially good because you vaselos have links with Real and us with Barca ultras :nw:

Anyone under 18 is advised that the rest of this thread is going to be unfit for their viewing :LOL:

PAO beat barcelona before, and they were just as good back then as they are today. Gonzalez is incredible though, saw him against Schalke, PAO is very lucky to have player like him, very lucky.

But the defence does look weak, especially after watching iquanta our what ever. Tough game but best of luck to PAO for the sake of Greek football. Don't disappoint.

I don't know what the result will be,but I'm sure that Barca will have a hard time in OAKA.I just hope everyone will come back healthy from their national teams!

Also I have a feeling that Torgelle will score (at least) one goal!

Unfortunately,Ronaldinho is the first scorer in CL right now and Barca is one of the best teams at the moment(if not the best)!

Panathinaikos will fight for a good result,that's for sure.We have done it before and we can do it again!!! :nw: :nw:

We will see.... :box:

ooowhoooo I cant wait

after you vaseloi went nuts after the 2-1 in Madrid I am gonna just sit back and enjoy this XXX rated material :tup:

its especially good because you vaselos have links with Real and us with Barca ultras :nw:

Anyone under 18 is advised that the rest of this thread is going to be unfit for their viewing :LOL:

yeah away to Lyon doesnt sound any better they are amazing.......

OI!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON LADS!! WHAT AM I HEARING???!!!???

to qualify to the next round we probably need 3 points off barca, the best side in europe, this is our chance to show europe again were not some chump olympiakos. OK, so we wont win or draw in spain, but we will win in greece, believe me, come on everyone wheres ur spirit? we played good against bremen in the 2nd half, we just need to give a little extra, and we will. there not invincibles.

Mario is playin great, gonzales is brill, mantzios is gr8, this teaam is playing, finally like a team, fighting for eachother, and this spirit will multiply against barca, honestly? barca dont stand a chance.

I maybe a little optimistic, but someone has to be.

I believe we have conceded a goal in the past 15 CL games

we've played (17 if you include the Wizla matches).

The last time we didn't concede a goal was against BARCA

when we won 1-0 at Leoforo.

That season (2001-02) we had a mad mad defense keeping

teams like Majorca, Shalke & Arsenal scoreless.

Interesting statistic and whilst many of us will be thrilled for

history to repeat itself unfortunately I don't foresee that.

We don't have the sharpest of defenses this season and will

be hoping that in a fortnight or so Barca's form wavers off a bit.

what form?

in the spanish league they have been strugling to even get some draws at home lately

OI!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON LADS!! WHAT AM I HEARING???!!!???

to qualify to the next round we probably need 3 points off barca, the best side in europe, this is our chance to show europe again were not some chump olympiakos. OK, so we wont win or draw in spain, but we will win in greece, believe me, come on everyone wheres ur spirit? we played good against bremen in the 2nd half, we just need to give a little extra, and we will. there not invincibles.

Mario is playin great, gonzales is brill, mantzios is gr8, this teaam is playing, finally like a team, fighting for eachother, and this spirit will multiply against barca, honestly? barca dont stand a chance.

I maybe a little optimistic, but someone has to be.

I couldn't agree more!!!!!

I, as well, strongly believe that we can win Barca in Athens. Our defence is based on one man - NASIEF - who is capable of destroying the opponent's game and help Goumas perform better. Morris will play against Barca so I anticipate our defence to be more solid. I also hope Tziolis gets to play (to be honest I prefer Tziolis to Conceicao). He is very good in his defensive duties and he's not afraid to keep the ball.

The left wing obviously belongs to Darlas and Seric. The right wing looks a bit dodgy, but Vyntra is improving, I assume everyone agrees on that.

I am waiting to see Pap playing together with Torghelle against Akratitos. Gekas is only good for games against Kallithea, Akratitos, Panionios etc. teams that have a very slow defence.

I am happy we didn't face barca in the first game because they have many more "Iaquintas" than udi... :rolleyes: ( I am curious why some people say we played well,despite having a 3-0 score against a very medium team without creating a decent chance for scoring!)

Anyway now I see,like everyone, a great improvement especially in the attacking line but I see the same s###t in defensne.And I believe you can't do mutch in the CL,especially with teams against barca,when your defense is still "trikimia"!

Currently, I can only hope for a score like 5-4,5-5 or 6-6! :P

what form?

in the spanish league they have been strugling to even get some draws at home lately

True, their home form hasn't been the best start to the season

but you want to compare the Spanish league to the Greek where we

struggled for draws vs Ionikos & Levadiakos and they against Valencia

& Real Zaragoza !!

The thing in our favour will be a 60,000+ strong crowd and the fact

we've been unbeaten at home in our Euro games thus far.

Apart from that our only other salvation will be if Barcelona

have an off day and our guys play the match of their lives.

i don't see pao getting any points out of the two matches against barcelona, except if your team doesn't make any mistake at the home match. barca is able to punish every small mistake its opponent makes.

but i hope to be wrong. would be cool seeing a greek team taking some points of the spanish side.

Have faith guys...as someone already mentioned Barcelona tied a mid-table Real Zaragoza this weekend at the Nou Camp. While the match is a few weeks away I think with some more convincing domestic wins under our belts we can give Barcelona a run for their money. The key will be defense. Melisani needs to find a solution to that problem.

I am not much of a person of faith (it's just wishful thinking), but we don't have a good defense :1eye: .... heck, we're still sfuffling people around in the back. Not good! Not good against crappy Greek teams, and a horrible predicament in euro play!

For us not to lose in Athens: our players have to commit to play 100% (and not look to get ..autographs from Barca's superstars), Barca has to be in an off night, and we have to be lucky. That's all. I don't see why this won't happen...... :whistle:

Honestly, I don't think a team with a weak defense can have any realistic expectation against one of the very best euro teams. Flavio doesn't mark, doesn't pass more that 2 yards away (a "dimosio ipallilo"), Vyntra is hopeless, Biscan is a tourist, and the rest of the players are INCONSISTENT! I'd say, f**k the "big" names and throw in the young one who may be more hungry to establish themselves. Experience doesn't count for diddly squat if you don't sweat on the pitch.

I've seen improvement, but not enough to warrant a hopeful attitude.... :blink:

We'll certainly need luck!But if I watch them sit back and waiting for Barca,we won't stand a chance.They should play like against Werder in the 2nd half.If we attack the most of the time,I think Torgelle can score.Also we have more chanses of winning fauls and corners that may turn into goals.PAO is good at that!

I hope Barca doesn't know though!! :P :P

if PAO plays rigid defense........i can see us holding them to 1 goal...then we could get an indirect set peice goal and a late blast from Eki and we would have a historic result...

PAO plays to the level of their opponents, be they Juventus or Levadeiakos.

Probably the reason why we struggle domestically and do good in europe.

0-1 in athens

3-0  in barca

cant wait !

well thrinos -fooker u will play in lyon man!

i foresee the 7-0 record being broken :LOL: :LOL:

lyon are in topform.

btw barca is not in topform so i say a repeat of the 1-0 win got last time around

who cares domestcally what they do..

i see the 5-0 beating manu gave u 2 years ago to be repeated

ade i will ive u a goal

5-1

Archived