Phantis Forums

Pao vs Barcelona

panatha_boy

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

( I am curious why some people say we played well,despite having a 3-0 score against a very medium team without creating a decent chance for scoring!)

thats cause they didnt play wel and lost to udinese a newcomer to the C.L

and it should have been 5-0 !

again. Nobody should ever talk about Udinese AGAIN. They have not one F@##% clue what they are talking about. Udinese is a fantastic team and miles above any Greek team. This is a FACT. PAO, OSFP cant compete in the top 4 of the Serie A. The game was close, PAO had some good chances, dominated possesion 2nd half, played smart but couldnt contain the counterattacking runs of Iaquinta, who is a superstar bigger than most of these s%$#! names who are having millions spent on them like Rooney, Robinho :LOL: , Bechkam and other losers. You didnt see the game so you shouldnt talk, and you have no F***in clue how good Udinese is so you shouldnt talk.

remember when geyros played them in spain dduring the summer? iaquinta and di natale had your defense in PEICES. they could have scored so many more goals than 4, and Udinese scored and own goal basically (the player lobbed it back to the keeper, hits the post and babagida scores from 1/2 meter away, and that one lucky break where the defense lost babgaida............that was all thrinos could do.

3-0 but it was 1-0 the whole game till we had to push up and get caught on magnificent individual plays from Iaquinta.....Thats football. If you think its something else, then you have never played the game, or not watched a lot of it before.

all oly fans should shut their mouths about a beating cause if we do get a beating, i wont be very dissapointed because curreently, barca are one of the top three teams in the world!! a tie at OAKA would be a miracle..anything is possible, but thiw is very unlikely.. i will have faith until the end though, hoefully the atmosphere barca see when they come will scare them a bit...one thing is for sure, we cant come out scared like oly were against madrid...we cant hide in a hole and be "afraid" because of the superstars that they have..we have to stick togeether and fight as a team..we will need discpline and luck to pry anythnig out of barca...they are a quality above almost every team

all oly fans should shut their mouths about a beating cause if we do get  a beating, i wont be very dissapointed because curreently, barca are one of the top three teams in the world!! a tie at OAKA would be a miracle..anything is possible, but thiw is very unlikely.. i will have faith until the end though, hoefully the atmosphere barca see when they come will scare them a bit...one thing is for sure, we cant come out scared like oly were against madrid...we cant hide in a hole and be "afraid" because of the superstars that they have..we have to stick togeether and fight as a team..we will need discpline and luck to pry anythnig out of barca...they are a quality above almost every team

what atmosphere re ?

u think they will get scared

they play against madrid at beurnabeu and other scarier places then oaka

trust me they will not get intimidated and lose due to a hostile crowd the way u guys lost to us 3-0 in 2003.

Barca are a really strong side this year and I can see them going to the final. I've said several times before the season started, our defence is a problem. It looks to me that Barca will score. We have great talent up front though so we can also score. It could very well end up as a 2-2; if we win,3-2 or 2-1. We WON'T LOSE.

what atmosphere re ?

u think they will get scared

trust me they will not get intimidated and lose due to a hostile crowd the way u guys lost to us 3-0 in 2003.

ok...if you dont think that greek teams have one of the most unique and intimidating fans in europe then you obviously have not been to a game..the bernabeu is one thing, greece is another....

ignorance...

have you ever been to the bernabeu? LAAAAAAAME ATMOSPHERE.

dont use it as an example.

Leoforos, OAKA, are over 10 times louder. Real have s%$#! fans and have NO atmosphere. Scary? yeah RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! Real Madrid has no fans. the japanese and british tourists dont make s%$#! for an atomsphere. Real have like one fan club but they suck...seriously. I prefer any Greek teams fans over Reals. T there is nothing like a full OAKA in Spain....nor even close- weather it be PAO, AEK, or OSFP fans in there.

In Spain fans arent as loud as greek fans...the only fans ihave seen come close were in germany in Nuremburg the games have magnificent atomsphere.....

OAKA is an intimidating and intense atmosphere, but really only when its packed like wisla...........it got really loud intense and crazy...

also why there are so little flares this year??? takes out the fun and intimidation!

Guest Protathlitis

Thrillosmtl, madrid has about the worst atmosphere in Europe man

Greeks are at least the best, loudest fans in Europe and I beleive OSFP has the best in Greece

OAKA has always been intimidating even though its not a football stadium

Guest Protathlitis

i think Karaiskaki, Leoforos, Nea Filadefia were the most intimidating grounds in europe

and pittman, turk fans are for the tip my vaselos freind

WHY TURKS WILL NEVER BE REAL HOOLIGANS:

Posted Image

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

it would be great if pao can get a good result for greece points in general.people saying that saragoza got a draw so pao can get a win is stupid because the level in spain is a lot superior than the greek level.to be honest if pao wants to win anything they should make no mistakes in defence and be extremely lucky for barcelona not to play well.ronaldinhio-eto-deco and the rest of them are way to talented not only for pao but all the teams together in greece.with that in mind we can only see and wait.p.s. the stadium is nice and the fans are helpfull but you guys play against barca not poseidona mixanionas plus the talk about one player in pao defence making a difference not really important it has to be a team effort to stop them not one guy.best of luck don t embarass us.............

it would be great if pao can get a good result for greece points in general.people saying that saragoza got a draw so pao can get a win is stupid because the level in spain is a lot superior than the greek level.to be honest if pao wants to win anything they should make no mistakes in defence and be extremely lucky for barcelona not to play well.ronaldinhio-eto-deco and the rest of them are way to talented not only for pao but all the teams together in greece.with that in mind we can only see and wait.p.s. the stadium is nice and the fans are helpfull but you guys play against barca not poseidona mixanionas plus the talk about one player in pao defence making a difference not really important it has to be a team effort to stop them not one guy.best of luck don t embarass us.............

no no no no, its not cause the spanish league is better, well it is, but thats not the reason, the reason we cant take the result against zaragoza as a good thing is cause the league success hardly ever represents european success,

Eamples: Liverpool, Arsenal, Pana in 02' and then when they won the league in 04'. Osfp (enough said), valencia and so on

my point is that when in all the major power leagues like spain-england-italy-germany every game from domestic cups to champions league is a hard battle and most of the big clubs play with high intensity all year long,in greece osfp-aek-pao-paok have only 10 games in total that they really play hard.(european level hard.)eventually one greek team will manage something good but our level as a country has to become stronger.we have the players, we are missing the mentality and the right bases for future succses.having sayd that i hope you guys get something from playing against barca except souvenirs. :gr:

of course we need a better domestic league... even if it means fewer titles for the big guys... Why not Xanthi or whomever get the title every few years?

Competition makes you better. I think we agree on this. However, I disagree that we have the players. We've lost a generation of players. Besides PAO with its academy, what other team really develops young talents???????? Even the lesser teams found it cheaper to get African or whatever foreign players.

Oly, AEK, etc, and even the second tier teams find it easier to snap up the guys from the third, forth tier teams that are more than willing to give up any players worth something.... Perhaps they know that it's pointless to keep a couple good players since the team won't be allowed (or has the staying power) to climb to the top.

It's a total mess. Otto has said this much, that there aren't many young players he can choose from.... a generation (10-15 years) is lost....

Did I mention that the younger generation of fans are missing the opportunity to identify closely with a team... too many foreign players, no loyalty, crappy theama, violence.... and many, many other available entertainment choices.....

When the "paragontes" wake up it may be too late.... But, heck, even here there are several people who "don't get it"..... They're proud of a bunch of worthless titles.....

Man it is very simple.

It is were the money goes.

The teams that make it to Eufa can survive some of the presssure.

The teams that go to Chapions League, gain a tremendusly big boost moneywise.

So you get a chapionship of four speeds.

1- (1-2)Chapions league spot competitors

1- (3-6)Uefa spot competitiors

3-(7-13)Nothing but selling as much games as possible.

4-(13-16)Survival in A ethiniki.

Do you want me to propose a solution ?

Do what as the Americans. The small teams get a precentage of the profits of the bigger teams. That should include European Games bonuses.

If 30% of the bonus that Pao Osfp and every other Greek team gets from Europe was used to boost up the small fish, the chapionsip would be stronger, the competition would be better and the big team would benefit from belonging to a more competitive chapionship.

BUT can Osfp handle that ???

It is not like Pao should worry, if that were to happen.

We as a team won 7 chapionships in the past 30 years of Greek soccer.

in other words you want parity like most of the sports in N. America

which in turn erases almost all rivalries & creates boredom in sports

this wont happen in soccer, which is why teams get relegated, then promoted...

Man it is very simple.

It is were the money goes.

The teams that make it to Eufa can survive some of the presssure.

The teams that go to Chapions League, gain a tremendusly big boost moneywise.

So you get a chapionship of four speeds.

1- (1-2)Chapions league spot competitors

1- (3-6)Uefa spot competitiors

3-(7-13)Nothing but selling as much games as possible.

4-(13-16)Survival in A ethiniki.

Do you want me to propose a solution ?

Do what as the Americans. The small teams get a precentage of the profits of the bigger teams. That should include European Games bonuses.

If 30% of the bonus that Pao Osfp and every other Greek team gets from Europe was used to boost up the small fish, the chapionsip would be stronger, the competition would be better and the big team would benefit from belonging to a more competitive chapionship.

BUT can Osfp handle that ???

It is not like Pao should worry, if that were to happen.

We as a team won 7 chapionships in the past 30 years of Greek soccer.

i heard nothing about european bonuses being distributed. that is bullshit!

if that happens that would imply the league being centrally owned. that should never happen EVER. I want PAO to have a president that will look out for PAO interests and no other. A move like this would also discourage players and coaches from abroad in moving to Greece/lower divisions. If they get promoted, what the hell is the point? Dont forget that this reflects on the lower divisions too.... if we had this system we would prevent clubs from growing and their football quality raising on there own.....

look at Larisa, Kastoria were just in the G ethniki a few years ago now they are top teams........even this year little Xaidari has had a great start in preaseaon and the B ethniki ----Larisa is the perfect example of how teams can grow without the forced taking money from other clubs. They are already doing good too. Xanthi once it started getting results is doing well in attendances too. At leastby looks of it.

If clubs could get there stadiums filled and make money we wouldnt need this stupid "cartel" of football clubs in Greece.

There is no reason why non Athenian teams shouldnt sell out there games...teams are doing a shitty job of marketing themselves.

nearly everyone in greece loves football. Iraklis has a lot of fans, and a beautiful stadium and Ira fans do make a nice atmosphere. Why cant they sell more than 2000 tickets a game?

Levadeiakos- what the hell else are you going to do on a sunday afteroon in livadia? it should be an exciting season for them playing A ethniki! they havent lost yet either! why cant they sell out at least 75% of capacity? They sold under 500 tickets last game!!!!!!! thats ridiculous!!!

little Greek clubs stay little because they arent managed to full potential.

as an exception i would put Kallithea, ionikos, etc because most people around there are following the big teams because they are near.

I am for relegation system.

Most will agree when there are "legacies" of B ethniki winners and consistent teams finishing bottom 3....... its obvious the B ethniki champion deserves a shot. the level of play isnt as far off as you are made to think it is. if it was, A ethniki teams would crush every promoted team. But they dont.

like a lot of you are stating, the only way to make teams stronger in greece is by bringing back the fans into the stadiums. i really hope that larissa will stay in a' ethniki since they have quite a big fan base and maybe in a few years they will be able to pick up a good fight with the big teams. xanthi the same too. if they manage to keep their team together and not lose their best players to the big ones, where they would warm the bench, i think they could become competitive even in europe. but as you said, if the managements don't wake up soon and start doing their job as it should be, it might be too late.

but back to pao-barca. sure, the atmosphere in oaka will be great, but it has been said on other occasions too: the fans are too far away from the field. i'd say if they would be closer, oaka would become one of the hardest stadiums to play in europe. 75'000 crazy greeks near the field making a great atmosphere would influence every team in europe. even the big ones.

but like the stadium is now, i don't think barca will get scared by it. they just have a lot of players who make the difference. just give ronaldinho or deco the chance to hit a foul outside the penalty area and paos galinovic will be in big danger.

but who knows. you can't predict anything in football. pao could even win it.

Archived