Phantis Forums

Pao vs Barcelona

panatha_boy

Estw kai ena bathmo na paroume stin Ispania,prokrinomaste pisteyw.....

Giati an i Barca mas nikisei,paei stous 10 kai fobamai oti me Werder kai Udinese tha ksinoun ta @@ tous meta...Eidika teleytaia agwnistiki pou paizei stin Italia.... Enw an den parei to triponto sto Kamp Nou tha to palepsei perissotero me tous allous...

Pantws an nikisei ti Werder stin Ispania exoume sigouro to UEFA....Kai i Werder paei Peiraia.....wx,sorry Germania ennoousa.... :P

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's very much possible

Don't get me wrong...This does not go only for the panatha!!!

I think it's extremely difficult for every team in the CL not to lose in Camp Nou against this Barcelona. And that is why our success yesterday is very big cause this Barca is one of the best ever!

@rodoj

Just to let you know that there is a special thread for ratings.

You're right. My bad.

On another note, Torgelle's disappointment was obvious but I saw it as passion from a player and not like some other prima donna has-beens. He has really come on since joining PAO and I must admit that I knew nothing about this guy before he joined and expcted to see very little when he was shipped out on-loan from the Premier League, which many count as being the best in the world.

Darlas was amazing yesterday.. he had me scared when he began to slide tackle players in the box. (Even though his tackles were perfect) I'm afraid that towards the end of the matches, when Darlas is tired, his tackles won't always be so perfect. What do you think?

Congrats to the boys today.. They proved me wrong my 5-1 prediction was way off...Good showing i was impressed..

Good luck to the reds avrio...

what reds man.united played yesterday!

ohhh u mean liverpool yes they are playing tonight but i hope they loose!

hey bides are a gavro? :angry:

Is this guy for real? Torghelle was showing his passion to play.

By Barney Spender

ATHENS, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Panathinaikos coach Alberto Malesani has warned striker Sandor Torghelle he will not play for the club again if he reacts badly to being substituted.

The Hungarian objected to Malesani's decision to replace him with Sotiris Leontiou in the 58th minute of their 0-0 Champions League draw with Barcelona at the Olympic Stadium on Tuesday.

"Torghelle's reaction was the only negative aspect of the night," said Malesani.

"It was completely the opposite of (defender) Iannis Goumas who was left out of the squad altogether and caused no problems at all.

"I know the fans like him (Torghelle) but I will be speaking to him about his behaviour. I didn't like it and if he repeats it then he won't play for this club again."

I noticed that too - it took the guy 2 minutes to walk off thefield and he did little to acknowledge his teamate - I'm not sure what he did on the bench but he did act like a kolotripa

Congrats to the boys today.. They proved me wrong my 5-1 prediction was way off...Good showing i was impressed..

Good luck to the reds avrio...

what reds man.united played yesterday!

ohhh u mean liverpool yes they are playing tonight but i hope they loose!

hey bides are a gavro? :angry:

It would explain alot if u know what i mean :LOL:

Torg's reaction was not professional and it's bad for the team spirit. If he thought he shouldn't have been subed (reasonable), he should have waited after the match, IN PRIVATE, and have a calm talk with the coach. There must be an honest, direct and respectful communication between the coach & players, but not like this. Torg should get the message.

As for the game, the best thing I saw was that all the players were eager to play and tried really hard. This effort is requirred in euro play, regardless of where the game is played. Hope to see the same resolve and "pathos" in Spain.

If Mantzios had more experience and acted cool PAO would have won this game. But, even more experienced players (and for lots more $$$) made stupid mistakes. Who was the Barca player who passed Gali only to play fancy and miss an open-goal shot towards the end?

Anyway, we must beat Udi at home, and get another tie away, so we'll go through. Grace is right, tieing Barca in Spain would be the best... (not only for better chances but also for bragging!)

From Uefa.com

Panathianikos FC forced a deserved 0-0 draw against UEFA Champions League Group C favourites FC Barcelona in the Athens Olympic Stadium. The visitors failed to create many clear-cut chances, although Samuel Eto'o was twice denied by goalkeeper Mario Galinovíc and again by defender Igor Bišćan in the closing stages. For the home side, newly-signed striker Evagelos Mantzios came closest when he fended off two defenders before shooting straight at Barcelona's Víctor Valdés in the first half.

Alberto Malesani, Panathinaikos coach:

I was confident that we could play a great game and our performance shows me that we are on the right track. At times, my players played even better than I anticipated. I put Bišćan in because I believed he was the adequate player for the job. He is fast and we needed pacy men to keep up with Barcelona’s attack. As for [Flavio] Conceićão, I had no doubt that he could reach this level – he just needed some time to adjust. The adjustment process has been very important, because we signed lots of foreign players this summer, who changed their way of life and needed to get used to living in Greece. Our main asset today is that we played as a team, with extreme discipline in our pressing game and with passion. We need to continue this way.

Frank Rijkaard, Barcelona coach:

It’s a pity that we haven’t been able to win here. But nothing changes. We are still first in our group. I decided to use Xavi [Hernández] as pivot in front of our defence, for the construction of play. As for why I chose [Henrik] Larsson over [Lionel] Messi for the right flank? I have more than eleven players and all of them are quite capable of playing. Larsson’s movements away from goal are very important for the attack. He was one of our best players in the first half. Tonight’s match was very complicated for us, both on the pitch and because of the ambience that the fans created. It’s very important for us that we did not concede any goals. I cannot say who are the favorites to qualify from our group. Nothing is decided yet. There are many matches left, but we work in order to qualify as first from our group.

hmmm.... maybe barca are scared of pao.... wouldnt blame em

Malezani told him that he shouldn't react that way and if that happens again he won't play again for PAO.He replied saying that it was the last time and that he reacted that way because he was passionate and wanted to play and help.Ending,he said that he didn't want to create problems nor to create a bad image of himself...

I think Malezani won't use him against AEK....De peirazei kalo tha tou kanei...

If Mantzios had more experience and acted cool PAO would have won this game. But, even more experienced players (and for lots more $$$) made stupid mistakes. Who was the Barca player who passed Gali only to play fancy and miss an open-goal shot towards the end?

ETO'O. ;)

He was twice denied by Gali.

After going by Morris' right side, the first time, Galinovic "robbed" him of the ball.

The second time, you speak off, Biscan :o was able to slightly deflect it on his way down...

Clearly the biggest chance of the game, for either side.

PEACE

Archived