Phantis Forums

Pao vs Barcelona

panatha_boy

in other words you want parity like most of the sports in N. America

which in turn erases almost all rivalries & creates boredom in sports

this wont happen in soccer, which is why teams get relegated, then promoted...

Boredome you say?

Well I think that this is the best way for aal the teams to compete.

Every single season that starts has about 60% of the teams as good-logical-valuable contenders to win a title.

What about Greece ?

How many are the contenders in Greece ?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man it is very simple.

It is were the money goes.

The teams that make it to Eufa can survive some of the presssure.

The teams that go to Chapions League, gain a tremendusly big boost moneywise.

So you get a chapionship of four speeds.

1- (1-2)Chapions league spot competitors

1- (3-6)Uefa spot competitiors

3-(7-13)Nothing but selling as much games as possible.

4-(13-16)Survival in A ethiniki.

Do you want me to propose a solution ?

Do what as the Americans. The small teams get a precentage of the profits of the bigger teams. That should include European Games bonuses.

If 30% of the bonus that Pao Osfp and every other Greek team gets from Europe was used to boost up the small fish, the chapionsip would be stronger, the competition would be better and the big team would benefit from belonging to a more competitive chapionship.

BUT can Osfp handle that ???

It is not like Pao should worry, if that were to happen.

We as a team won 7 chapionships in the past 30 years of Greek soccer.

i heard nothing about european bonuses being distributed. that is bullshit!

if that happens that would imply the league being centrally owned. that should never happen EVER. I want PAO to have a president that will look out for PAO interests and no other. A move like this would also discourage players and coaches from abroad in moving to Greece/lower divisions. If they get promoted, what the hell is the point? Dont forget that this reflects on the lower divisions too.... if we had this system we would prevent clubs from growing and their football quality raising on there own.....

look at Larisa, Kastoria were just in the G ethniki a few years ago now they are top teams........even this year little Xaidari has had a great start in preaseaon and the B ethniki ----Larisa is the perfect example of how teams can grow without the forced taking money from other clubs. They are already doing good too. Xanthi once it started getting results is doing well in attendances too. At leastby looks of it.

If clubs could get there stadiums filled and make money we wouldnt need this stupid "cartel" of football clubs in Greece.

There is no reason why non Athenian teams shouldnt sell out there games...teams are doing a shitty job of marketing themselves.

nearly everyone in greece loves football. Iraklis has a lot of fans, and a beautiful stadium and Ira fans do make a nice atmosphere. Why cant they sell more than 2000 tickets a game?

Levadeiakos- what the hell else are you going to do on a sunday afteroon in livadia? it should be an exciting season for them playing A ethniki! they havent lost yet either! why cant they sell out at least 75% of capacity? They sold under 500 tickets last game!!!!!!! thats ridiculous!!!

little Greek clubs stay little because they arent managed to full potential.

as an exception i would put Kallithea, ionikos, etc because most people around there are following the big teams because they are near.

I am for relegation system.

Most will agree when there are "legacies" of B ethniki winners and consistent teams finishing bottom 3....... its obvious the B ethniki champion deserves a shot. the level of play isnt as far off as you are made to think it is. if it was, A ethniki teams would crush every promoted team. But they dont.

Look, I didn't say to become like in Usa in one day. All I am saying is that the way things are only someone with big money can change the things in Greece. (russian criminal... :P )

Kokalis is controling the league because he gets money from winning the title and an automatic Chapions League qualification almost every single season.

That boost is the only reson is hung to soccer and hasn't left from Osfp as yet. All the rest of his companies are being driven away currentlyby ND.

Mitilineos for ex: came to make Iraklis a decent club but the money he invested weren't enough to compete and he had to withdraw. The same would happent to Osfp if the didn't win the title like they constanttly do now. It is not like Bajevich in 1996 made Osfp a better team automaticaly. It was a make belief reson to hide his paraga.

back to iralki so why mitilineos left ? because you not only need money spending, but you need refs social relations with other small mainly clubs like Pao and Osfp.

If someone has enough money. He can defenantly overule Kokalis junda in current soccer, but it is not worth it to invest when your revenues at the current circumstansed are at risk. Only a guy like abramovich could take matters at hand or maybe Latsis ???? :la:

Do you think that because Kokalis that has the biggest payroll it means that he has enough talent in his team to constantly win the league? Behind Osfp work there is a paraga that is paid of constantly from the bonus that Osfp wins every single year.

I say why not sare that bonus as a greek team with all the smaller teams ???? :hypocrite:

No team except Osfp at the current standards would loose. RIGHT ??? :box:

All the other rules about relegations and succ I say are fine. But we defenantly need more teams in A' Ethinki. Next year it will be back to 18 again and I think that it can be possitive if anything because we defentnly need more of eparhia in greek soccer.

As for Xanthim being a role model. Don't make me laugh. I am aware of the p*****es that Xanthi had to do in oreder to not get relegated against better teams like Kalamata. Xanthi in like 3 years in a row should have said buye to A ethinki but they kept her and the players that theu already had got helped out by some k=new ones and there you have Xanthi being a freaking role model team.

At the same time team like Kalamata had to get relegated when there is no single team in A ethniki with ex-kalamata players that hed to be sold because we were send to second division almost every season.

almamatter

ok kokkalis has a lot of finanical and political power.....and sometimes we are convinced the referees (in some instnaces it is obvious) are influenced/biased......

but you only need feet to put the ball in the goal. Any team in A ethniki on their best day is cabable of beating or at least giving a great fight to the big teams. Clubs dont have money probably because they dont invest in marketing. Iraklis, OFI, Levadeiakos should have packed stadiums. The only efforts these guys do is lowere season ticket prices.....that doesnt do a thing. People have to realize football as a basic need, and have pride in their regional teams... its definitly possible. Back in the days Apollon Athinon had 26000 people in rizoupoli once (stadium record).....

this is a sport and behind the team is a business. all these teams have some promising players. all of them have what it takes to win. club managers hesitating to invest in marketing and look at their club as a business are reasons why the stadiums are empty and the team fails....

Since we're talking about ..Barca, I'd say that a good domestic competition makes you stronger abroad. The level of play has to improve in Greece, AND they must clean up the sport. :ph34r:

I'd look to Portugal to see what they've done at the club & national levels to be so successful... (as Portugal is same size as Greece... and used to be economically behind Grece) :not:

Barca drew today 3-3 away to deportivo, wow defence, get ready for one hell of a pounding.

suprising to see Barcelona no doing so well in the league

but they are in 5th place and in striking distance

they'll pick things up

but there Defense isn't thats strong

but the question is who has the weaker defense here

Pao or Barca

i mean Baraca can afford to make a few mistakes b/c Pao isn't a great prolific scoring team

but a mistake by Pao and good night

especially if Rolandinho might catch fire

we will see

Barcelana 5 Pao 1 Final....

I think u're saying that more out of spite because Haralambidis

has been left out of Malezani's plans lately.

If Bides was playing in all of the games thus far I don't believe

you'd be saying this ..... as a matter of fact I think you're waiting

for the next f*%k-up to happen so u can justify your

claims that Bides should be in the starting 11.

Don't get me wrong I don't think the Cypriot has done too bad but

the coach is the one in charge and he 'sees' things more at

training and expects certain things from players in the games.

Personally, I don't like players having their own websites where they

say what they like about the team and its progress. I reckon this

diverts their attention from focusing on their own game and preparation,

but that's debatable and everyone has their opinion on that.

Barcelona will be by far the toughest game this season and if we

defend like we have in past games then we will be punished accordingly.

The team has to play out of its skin, with purpose, passion, gusto, no fear,

some luck and hope that Barca have an off day.

Only then we will overcome a 5-1 loss not because Kosta wasn't playing !!!

who is barcelana? :LOL:

btw we will win with tight-arse defence 1-0 or 2-1

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

He laughs at me coz i struggle to read greek at a fast pace yet he cant even spell Barcelona...

classic lol

anyways i have to agree with bidis here and say will lose either 2-0 or 3-0....

i hope im wrong and we win 1-0 :rolleyes:

I think the most important aspect of this game is for us to score as many goals as possible, because let's face it we will concede goals as well. I also hope Messi doesn't play. This kid is awesome. We have a lot of other players to worry about.

re mpidh, den mpa na kaneis ena mpanio kalutera?

Ante pou mas epikses tous orxeis me ton Kuprio......Kwnstantinidh.

Les kai phrame ton Maradona kai den to vlepoume. San ton Mpidh exei 100 paixtes sthn Ellada. Ante gamw th metriothta.

did i say anything about bides tora...All i say was 5 - 1..Barcelana is not Akratitos.... Bides will get his chances i never said a word about him the coach makes his choices.Will see after tuesday if it the right one..

I am looking forward to the game. I hope our players approach it will less awe than some if the fans.

I want Barcelona to come with all its stars and I hope they play their best game. If we win it will be a great day for the team. If we lose I hope our young players learn and grow from playing with some of the best.

Above all I want to enjoy the game. I want both teams to play their best game. It's not good that Giuly will not play.

this is what I want to see from our team:

-------------------Galinovich---------------

Vintra---------Moris-------Kotsios-------Darlas

Tziolis/Nilsson--Conceicao---Gonzales---Seric

-----------Torghelle-------Mantzios

I don't want to see five defenders. I want us to play the game high and away from Galinovich.

Good luck on Tuesday

I am looking forward to the game. I hope our players approach it will less awe than some if the fans.

I want Barcelona to come with all its stars and I hope they play their best game. If we win it will be a great day for the team. If we lose I hope our young players learn and grow from playing with some of the best.

Above all I want to enjoy the game. I want both teams to play their best game. It's not good that Giuly will not play.

this is what I want to see from our team:

-------------------Galinovich---------------

Vintra---------Moris-------Kotsios-------Darlas

Tziolis/Nilsson--Conceicao---Gonzales---Seric

-----------Torghelle-------Mantzios

I don't want to see five defenders. I want us to play the game high and away from Galinovich.

Good luck on Tuesday

much agreed...ive been watching these last couple games of barcas and ive noticed that when a team plays defensively against them, barca break through and score easily...but when the teams play open and try to spred barca apart, they do much better...we have to stretch their defense..we have to switch the ball from left to right and attack accordingy, but we cant get caught off..we need our players to defend together and be on the barcas players backs at all time..we need to break hard on the wings because barca play a very offesively wide andcentral game focused with central defenders halding the line, meaning we have to exploit their wingers in attack who are not alwqays looking to cover on deefense..we will get room on the field on the wings and we have to utilze set pieces, where barca are very weak..bottom line is pao has to have an incredible day, if not, then our chances of pulling any points are slim to none, regardless of how barca does, because they have the quality of players that can make anythnig happen at any time...our fans will too be key, our players need to have hope and heart above all...it will be a tough one and mb even embarrsing, but if we come out with some heart and passion and not scared and hesitant, then i will be happy...if we lose 5-1 but make it a great game and give it every ounce of heart and passion that we have, then i will be ok..barca are either the top or second favorite for the competition..their level is far above most teams so us losing is "expected"..i think we can prove people wrong, but it has to be one of those days...i will cheer till the end regardless...

Listen, we have to play defensively, but not exclusively. We must attack them too. Just defending you get no break; we must control the ball and keep it; otherwise we'll get tire easily. Much will depend on our players mentality. If they get on the pitch to collect ..autographs, they'll be chased off in defeat. And, praying to be lucky won't work either.

I hope we see a PAO with its good euro face.

Guys, im predicting a victory vs barca....sit down ...here goes...and dont laugh...the mvp of the game will be none other than our beloved.................drum roll...........................FLAVIO...................yes i said ...i am predicting he will show up to play vs barca because of his countrymen Rhonaldino Gaucho the Great.............He will have a great game and score the go ahead goal after mantzios and rhonaldino tie the game one one....................FORZA PAO.....oh and then he will return to the Aek game and play like my assssssssssssssssss

Archived