Phantis Forums

Igor Biscan

Panos13

We have signed Igor Biscan from Liverpool. There is NO Saviola.

This is Tzigger's response in the transfer market !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

###### that a**hole. He should watch his back because the fans are atill after him.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Biscan might not be your big star player by any means and may be regarded as "taken space" on bigger clubs, but for a club like Panathinaikos he can and probably will make the difference. Great signing for you IMHO.

I hope this signing doesn't effect the Saviola theory, because such names can only lighten Greek football. We need ###### POINTS this season, getting passed up by belgium and scotland is going to be an embnarassing point in our countrys football.

lopopo:

Yeah, I just turned on sportfm where the reporter was apologising for starting the rumour about Saviola. Did you hear that?

Igor Biscan is BIG DISAPPOINTMENT for me. He was s%$#! for Liverpool last year and is very average.

Also he plays the same position as Conceisao, so I am really confused, what is the point?

yeah seriously the guy is useless to our team what the hell we have 2 attacking midfielders....one of them is injured 9/10 months now another defensive midfielder? what was the point of that!? if it was Makelele or a great player sure but a crap one!?

^^^(Panos) Man don't worry. Our bigget concern was the replacement of Basina. Not Kostantinou. We have already enough scorers in the team. What we were needed was an other midfield player that has the ability to play in the chapions league. I now expect from Malezani to come up with a lineup like:

(*)------Papadpoulos--Gekas

-------------Gonzales

Conseisao------------Biskan

Serich--Gouma--Morris-(*) -Vyndra

-------------Galinovich

+ one player for one of the two (*)

WE JUST BOUGHT A REPLACEMENT FOR BASINAS. HE SIGNED THE OTHER DAY.

Defensive Midfielders Center:

Flavio

Andric

Tziolis

Anderson

Biscan

almost forgot Leontiou

Attacking Midfielders:

Eki

Wooter

Sanmartean-injured nearly all the time

i see some imbalance........anyone else spot it?

what a joke are fans supposed to be impressed?

lopopo:

Yeah, I just turned on sportfm where the reporter was apologising for starting the rumour about Saviola. Did you hear that?

Igor Biscan is BIG DISAPPOINTMENT for me. He was s%$#! for Liverpool last year and is very average.

Also he plays the same position as Conceisao, so I am really confused, what is the point?

yes i heard it, sotirakopoulos said that he does not like him very much....but the point is that olympiakos wanted him and we somehow stole him from them... :LOL:

if igor does play in defence, i think that bidis will be on bench from now on so there you have it in the midle eqi, flavio, igor good staff...but we will see what will happen in August CL

Flavio ...

Andric (the only reason he stayed in the team until now is becuse there were no stability in the transfer period. We just got Flavio and Igor you know...) I expect him to leave the team on loan or just costantly be outside of the team's plans until his contract expires. I couldn't care less because he is worthless to even talk about.

Tziolis (We could not expect much from him, from day one right? Let him first show he can hanle being in Pao and then we will see.) It would be a big risk to play in th chapions league. Rember in the U-21 he wasn't all thet great. He was just a good future back half consideration.

Anderson. Is he ever going to play? I seriusly doupt he will. And when he will come back if he, he will need time to regain his abiliy. More over he can also play as a winger if you remeber his games at Halkidona.

Biscan is 27 years old !!! He can help us for many years to come both as a back half and as a defenener. Or would you rather get Pelegrino who is 34?...

almost forgot Leontiou (Come on. Do you really belive that he will start in the lineup any time soon?)

I personaly think that the transfer of Biskan is more important of Conseisao. I think he will be an awesome addition to our squad. As for Liverpool not keeping him. They just resigned Gerrard and got Zenden as well.

Flavio ...

Andric (the only reason he stayed in the team until now is becuse there were no stability in the transfer period. We just got Flavio and Igor you know...) I expect him to leave the team on loan or just costantly be outside of the team's plans until his contract expires. I couldn't care less because he is worthless to even talk about.

Tziolis (We could not expect much from him, from day one right? Let him first show he can hanle being in Pao and then we will see.) It would be a big risk to play in th chapions league. Rember in the U-21 he wasn't all thet great. He was just a good future back half consideration.

Anderson. Is he ever going to play? I seriusly doupt he will. And when he will come back if he, he will need time to regain his abiliy. More over he can also play as a winger if you remeber his games at Halkidona.

Biscan is 27 years old !!! He can help us for many years to come both as a back half and as a defenener. Or would you rather get Pelegrino who is 34?...

almost forgot Leontiou (Come on. Do you really belive that he will start in the lineup any time soon?)

I personaly think that the transfer of Biskan is more important of Conseisao. I think he will be an awesome addition to our squad. As for Liverpool not keeping him. They just resigned Gerrard and got Zenden as well.

Andric does work hard and did give performances that were good hes a worthy backup.

Tziolis is a really good defensive midfielder, with hard work in training youll see him playing thats for sure.

Anderson- i never saw play as a winger with xalkidona

Leontiou might get his chance you never know.

Flavio is starting hell be good.

^^^Drakos I have some good news that will make you very happy. We got Sila!!! :D He is defenatly getting freed from Ergotely according to the lates news...

as for Anderson. The only game he played for Pao against Aek. I remeber Basinas did paly that day. Well it was quite a while ago. I am quite certain that he played on the right side that day:

anyone who thinks biscans transfer isnt a good one doesnt know much about football...

Interesting comment there pao123. I'am curious as to hear your opinion, not because I don't agree with you but the others in here might need that enlightment.

Yet even though I do beleive this is a good move, poor little Biscan and Flavio won't know what hit them on opening matchday :P

....eiste asxetoi.

Den sas aresei o Biscan? Pollous prwta8lhthes Eurwphs pairnoume? Pollous paixtes pairnoume apo premiership?

I surrender.

I don't who you expect...Ronaldinho?

i agree...couldnt have said it better myself...

who were ue xpecting...vieira, u thinkw ere going to go into a bidding war with juve and win!

wake up and smell the coffee! biscan is a great signing for pao, especially at 27!

im waiting to see what hollywood has to say!

You should start thinking my friend what team you are Supportting. Pao Ofi or Pao in red t-shirts. Don't forget you are about to get Fyssa, Karagouni, Kyriako and Basina at Christmas.

You see, we realize this is a buisness and we go after employees that we believe can bring our desired success. No matter of their prior affiliations, and hell, deep down no one deserves such strife, especially two players with such talent in Nikopolidis and Konstandinou that gave the club so much. As far the other multiple names you mentioned, we would never sign Basinas we have no use for him the same with Kyriakos, and who would not want Karagounis' services ? I can imagine you would be very pleased this offseason players as one Stelios or a Stoltidis or a Djole in his prime (Konstandinou is 27 years old for christs sake) Obviously I have no problem with transfers as such, look what life Lymbe breathed for Aek last season ? The only thing that these rival tales should produce is some bitterness from some of the green population which is evident from your comments.

Getting back on topic, this a good buy, understand it. A stronger PAO is only good for Greek football (which is in HORRENDOUS condition right now, especially from last season) But first Igor and Flavio will have to show some sort of leadership qualities that are now sorely missed from the departures of a Munch or Basina or even a Konstandinou

B)

wake up and smell the coffee! biscan is a great signing for pao, especially at 27!

im waiting to see what hollywood has to say!

Alright i will answer my fan Adonis now :P

I personaly think this is a GOOD signing!!!! like some people said what do u expect to get, Viera???? he would not only add depth to our squad but would also strenghen it a good deal....

Question is, i know his a DMC jst like Cogayano, but some reports say his gonna play DC for us :huh:

Is he a good defender????

Anyways management said that there going after two more players untill the roster is complete, i jst hope these two players r good *Cough Saviola *cough :not:

Posted Image

Position: Midfielder

Date of Birth: 04/05/1978

Height: 6' 3

Weight: 12st 8lbs

1st team games: 118

1st team goals: 3

International caps: 14

International goals: 1

Former clubs: Samobor, Dinamo Zagreb

Birth Place: Zagreb, Croatia

Croatian Igor Biscan played a big role in Liverpool winning the Champions League in 2005 with a series of impressive performances in the centre of midfield.

A big money signing at 5.5 million from Dinamo Zagreb in 2000 Biscan originally signed as a central midfielder but former boss Gerard Houllier felt he was a centre half.

However, under Rafael Benitez Biscan was much improved back in midfield and had some memorable performances in the Champions League against the likes of Deportivo La Coruna, Bayer Leverkusen, Juventus and Chelsea.

It was at the European under-21 Championships in Slovakia, during the summer of 2000, that Liverpool first became aware of Igor Biscan and Gerard Houllier had to beat off competition from Juventus, Barcelona, Ajax and AC Milan to secure his signature.

The highly rated Croatia Zagreb midfielder joined the Reds for 5.5 million in December 2000 and he arrived at Anfield with an impressive track record. Despite his young age he was already a regular in the Croatia national side and had captained his club, Croatia Zagreb, in the Champions League and UEFA Cup.

Biscan did not have long to wait before pulling on a red shirt for the first time. Just two days after signing he came on as a substitute against Ipswich and, although Liverpool lost 1-0, he made an instant impression, showing neat touches and silky skills.

Indeed in the early part of the treble season Igor was excellent in a midfield role during the wins over Manchester United and Arsenal, but despite dominating midfield against the likes of Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira was never seen again in the position and used as a right and left sided midfielder, right back and centre half by Houllier.

info from the offical liverpool web site

once again his a good signing!!!! :tup:

Archived