Phantis Forums

First Greek, signs with historic A.C. MILAN !

Vasili0s

That's right ladies and gentlemen, AC MILAN has signed (hold your breathe) DIMITRIOS ELEUTHEROPOULOS to a one year contract as backup to Dida that will earn him 700,000 euros and stretch untill June the 30th fo 2006.

This is "Ele's" GOLDEN chance to turn his career around, and biggest club that a Greek has ever been a part of, big and suprising news if you ask me. I wish him the best, and hope he can turn heads in Milano.

BRAVO ELE, WE LOVE YOU !

:gr:

http://www.sportime.gr/xst/index.php?optio...d=3162&Itemid=1

ok, but i don't thinkl he's going to play a lot...i believe it was better for him to play in Messina

LOL

this is definately one signing NO ONE would have predicted!!!!!!!

LOL

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

wat were milan thinking, must be stoned

this is the same keeper that you guys kicked out yes!

he is a good goalkeeper with good reflexes but kind of weak when he has to come out of his goalpost.to call him the best greek goalkeeper is way to much.good transfer for him and his carrer and i hope he is succesfull.

Perhaps something strange is going on with this kinds of signings...I do not want to be negative but remeber Inter who got...Houtos(!!) and aquired..twice Geo from Olympiakos... what were they thinking?

Something strange is happening in Milano!!

They are smoking strange stuff!!

Or something else.

the scum bag made a first

i mean at one part its a good deal for Eleftheropoulos

he gets to make 700,000 Euros and just chill and enjoy both a good domestic and c.l. run

he will probably at most get 10-15 starts and thats if Dida is tired, Injured, or just meaningless games any one of those combinations

Perhaps something strange is going on with this kinds of signings...I do not want to be negative but remeber Inter who got...Houtos(!!) and aquired..twice Geo from Olympiakos... what were they thinking?

Or something else.

they got Choutos i don't know what's up with that but they thought Georgatos was going to replace Roberto Carlos :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i think it would have been better for ele to stay in Messina but either way we wont likely see him on the national team but i wouldn't mind

it is a very good chance for him. if he will grab it is another question. since he has just signed for one year because abiati is on loan, he should try to improve his play and then maybe make a move to another good team. who knows, this could turn out into a second chance to make a good career.

Aussie Keeper On Verge Of Milan Move

7/5/2005 11:54:00 AM

Zeljko Kalac is believed to be tying up the loose ends in his transfer to AC Milan.Reports in the Australian press suggest that the international shotstopper will leave Perugia andl report for pre-season training for the UEFA Champions League runners-up later this month.

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews...=71458&idSez=20

i dnt understand this?? why would they want him when they jst sighned elf? ;)

Or something else.

that was INTER. ele signed for MILAN. there is a big difference and the Milan scouts are rarely signing bad players. The only one i can remember is Christian Brocchi.

wow!!! I never liked Milan but this is a ridiculous move!

an argubly top 5 club in the world and signing the worst goalkeeper the Balkans produced in the last decade :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

what are they thinking???

the worst goalie in the balkans???? you need to go to the galata posts and get outta here. ele is an incredible goalie with perhaps the best xepetagma in europe. he is soft when he jumps to get passes but hey so is cassillas. you know who the worst goalie in the balkans is turko. its that bumb that galata had, the colombian guy that headbutted djole and made him get a red card. its a good thing giovanni embarassed him a few minutes later.

no peronal attacks please

CH-Thrylos

We'll see how "ridiculous" this move turns out to be tourke. There is no fluke to this signing, trust me. He's been working very hard since his departure from Greece in hopes of turning things around, and now his perfect opportunity has arisen.

Eleftheropoulos isn't the worst keeper the Balkans produced

he actually is just the opposite of that

unforutunately his attitude and ego couldn't coincide with his talents

that is why many such as myself dislike him

off course some don't forgive him for mis judging the cross v Juventues

i think all Greek Goalkeepers have problem with dealing with crosses anywayz

Or something else.

that was INTER. ele signed for MILAN. there is a big difference and the Milan scouts are rarely signing bad players. The only one i can remember is Christian Brocchi.
What I am saying is that perhaps they are not just signing bad players but something else is going on.

montoya, cool down a bit. Mondragon is kilometres better than Eleu under any circumstances. Mondi does not act very ethical -he wants a contract improvement evey season or he can go to the opposite penalty box to push opposite player- but in the field he is way better than Eleu FULL STOP!!!

anyway, Mondi is probably leaving us so it's not any fanaticism, I am telling you the facts! ;) ;) ;)

I was wondering the same thing when they signed him.

I wouldn't say that he's a terribly bad goalkeeper....but the last few years he's been clearly out of form with his confidence being shot to s%$#!.

Maybe Milan know something the rest of us don't. Or perhaps they're going to give the kid a few games under his belt and then sell him back to a Greek team (examples anyone??? :whistle: ) at an inflated price and make some cool cash for a meagre investment. After all, the trend has always been for Greek players to go out and play 1 or 2 years outside of Greece and then come back. Foreign teams know this and could want to take advantage of that fact.

Archived