Phantis Forums

Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)

slick13

i didn't see the cup match, but i heard samara had a nothing match.

- i also heard today that sge told samara to find another club because sge doesn't include samara in his near & far term plans for man. city. rumors are that he will return to holland.

Apparently SGE wants Alfonso Alves from Herenveen and SGE is planning to give them money plus Samaras for him.

Its on Goal.com :)

I reckon Samaras should leave and got to Italy,Spain, or Germany

Goal.com chat more s%$#! than Kokkalis' transfer-propaganda agents!

i didn't see the cup match, but i heard samara had a nothing match.

- i also heard today that sge told samara to find another club because sge doesn't include samara in his near & far term plans for man. city. rumors are that he will return to holland.

Apparently SGE wants Alfonso Alves from Herenveen and SGE is planning to give them money plus Samaras for him.

Its on Goal.com :)

I reckon Samaras should leave and got to Italy,Spain, or Germany

Goal.com chat more s%$#! than Kokkalis' transfer-propaganda agents!
its on the other sites as well re

http://www.pinkfootball.com/app/showDoc.as...x?comp_id=45629

So what? If he can't get goals at City he definitely won't get them at Boro! He just isn't good enough for the Prem.

I thought he did well until the end of last season and beginning of this one... You're a bit harsh mate. :LOL:

I thought he did well until the end of last season and beginning of this one... You're a bit harsh mate. :LOL:

He only did well in his first ever season where he averaged 1 goal every 2 games (not bad). Last season he had a nightmare and this season he's done nothing when given the chance. I love Greece and I love Greek players and there's nothing more that I'd love to see than Samaras taking the league by storm. But I'm not going to give a blinkered view because he's Greek. All that matters in football is effectiveness, talent alone doesn't mean anything. Look at his rival striker tonight, Kenwyne Jones. He isn't talented but his amazing aerial ability and work rate make him effective and a headache/goal threat whenever he plays. Then compare him to Samaras.... Is he talented? Very! Is he effective? No! He's so ineffective it makes him a s%$#! striker. He's been one of the worse Premiership buys in recent years (remember he was bought for

i won't get back into this with you..but yes - if samaras comes on as a sub with 9 minutes remaining and is told to play as a left forward, he'll go many matches without a goal.

i see man. city won today with a goal from an overated midfielder. should vassell, mpenza and bianchi be subjected to the same criticisms?

he is still the most talented of all greek center forwards.

You're right, we shouldn't get into this again. But I will say that Sven doesn't use him as a left sided forward. Everytime he's played under him he's played in the middle. He was given 3 games. 2 as a sub and 1 start and he didn't have a shot on goal. That's a ridiculous stat.

As for Man City's strike force... they have a 100% record at home this year and are 3rd in the league. Bianchi & Mpenza have contributed to that, Samaras hasn't. Also, Bianchi & Mpenza have been suffered with injuries this year, Samaras hasn't. Against Turkey Samaras had a good game, but go on to my link and see how many easy chances he missed. A striker can't afford to miss chances like that because if he does, he won't be getting any goals, i.e. just like now at Man City. Samaras' goal scoring record was never that good, he was bought in the hope that he would help CREATE but he doesn't even do that. Games just pass him by.

As for him being the most talented of all the Greek strikers, maybe (although I think Lybe is), but is he the most effective? Or rather, is he the BEST striker we have? ;) Talent is 40% of the equation. Denilson is the most talented player I've seen, where does he play now? Samaras isn't good enough for the Premiership, and however many times you say that he is or try to undermine my opinion, it won't change that fact. The proof of the pudding is in the taste! He is, to put it bluntly, USELESS!!! He offers NOTHING for Man City.

Everytime he's played under him he's played in the middle. He was given 3 games. 2 as a sub and 1 start and he didn't have a shot on goal. That's a ridiculous stat.

As for Man City's strike force... they have a 100% record at home this year and are 3rd in the league. Bianchi & Mpenza have contributed to that, Samaras hasn't.

what exactly has bianchi contributed this season ? he's hardly played hasn't scored and theres talk of him going back to italy in january. i know you don't like samara but be fair. as for mpenza he's done very little also, ok he's scored but i've seen him miss some sitters. if he was given 10 starts in a row then perhaps we could judge him.

petrov and elano and good defence are the reasons for man city's impressive start

Everytime he's played under him he's played in the middle. He was given 3 games. 2 as a sub and 1 start and he didn't have a shot on goal. That's a ridiculous stat.

As for Man City's strike force... they have a 100% record at home this year and are 3rd in the league. Bianchi & Mpenza have contributed to that, Samaras hasn't.

what exactly has bianchi contributed this season ? he's hardly played hasn't scored and theres talk of him going back to italy in january. i know you don't like samara but be fair. as for mpenza he's done very little also, ok he's scored but i've seen him miss some sitters. if he was given 10 starts in a row then perhaps we could judge him.

petrov and elano and good defence are the reasons for man city's impressive start

When Bianchi first came his performances were very promising. He's scored 1 goal in the league and 1 goal in the Carling Cup (which he was also man of the match in!). All the pundits were saying he was the new Berbatov, then he then got injured for a month and has struggled with the pace of the Premiership since. He's also started moaning that he's homesick and will probably leave in January but when hes was fit and playing he got 5 starts and scored 2 goals.

Mpenza gets goals for City and he works hard, closing players down, good movement, wins aerial challenges despite being small, etc. He's got 3 goals in 8 starts. He too has had his injury problems though. Last season he scored as many goals as Samaras despite only playing half the season as he only arrived in January.

Vassell isn't a great forward, but Sven loves him. Even from the England days he used to stand by him. I'd prefer Samaras to Vassell.

Bojinov hasn't had a chance yet because of injuries. So when he comes back Samaras will fall further down the pecking order.

Yes Elano, Richards and Petrov have been City's best players, but they are not the only reason they are doing well. Man City are a great unit where every players workrate contributes to the side. Samaras is so lazy that he doesn't contribute to general play. Mpenza does! I'd love him to do well but anyone who is trying to make a case for defending his performances at Man City is seriously blinkered. 2 managers (Pearce and Sven), various pundits (Shearer, Gavin Peacock, etc), and the Man City fans have all said that he isn't good enough for the Premiership. Yet, you guys think he is. Nothing more I can say. You guys rate him, I don't, we'll have to leave it at that.

• 2 weeks later...

Samara's work ethic and character have been always questioned in every forum that I follow. It's actually getting quite boring!! When Samaras first arrived at City he was played in the lone striker position and did superbly as we all can recall!! Then, a little xxxxhead named Barton didn`t like the fact that he was becoming popular and coupled with the fact that Samaras was a record signing he was so jealous he did everything to undermine him. Well, he succeded and Samaras for some strange reason started playing the wing which is totally not suited for him!!! Conversely, his production began to drop and then he became the scapegoat for all of City`s problems. Getting injured did not help his cause as well.

99% of the players would have bought the first ticket out of City and looked for greener pastures. Samaras decided to fight for a position and prove all his critics wrong!!!!! :nw: Character hmmm I give him an 11 out 10 and anyone who criticized him WAKE UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!! Now, for his work ethic all we need to do is read closely to Ericsson`s comments about how hard he tries in practice and that he`s slowly getting back to the starting lineup. It`s quite simple, you don`t normally have a strong character and take on adversity head on and not have a good work ethic!!! The 2 go hand in hand. Go back the loss against Turkey and even after we were down 4-1 he was chasing after every ball and trying to make something happen while the rest of the bunch couldn`t wait for the final whistle to blow to high tail it out of there.

Enough is enough, give the guy a break he`s only 22!!!!

Dude last I checked nobody in any of the forums has coached a national or club team. He has never been bashed by his coaches, therefore we in the forums are no experts on his character nor work ethic. As mentioned in my previous post he has decided to stay at City and fight for a starting spot rather than take the easy road and leave. Now, to you that is a weak character?

Dude last I checked nobody in any of the forums has coached a national or club team. He has never been bashed by his coaches, therefore we in the forums are no experts on his character nor work ethic. As mentioned in my previous post he has decided to stay at City and fight for a starting spot rather than take the easy road and leave. Now, to you that is a weak character?

I question his work ethic not his character. To use the old cliche, the proof is in the pudding! Just because his coaches don't criticise him publicly doesn't mean s%$#!, that fact that almost every coach he's played under has dropped him from the starting 11 does.

sry i dont mean to change the subject in this litle debate, but did anyone see the city game this weekend? I just saw the game winning goal and samaras helped the set up to the goal :tup:

How did he play and for how long? He seems to be getting some form back

sry i dont mean to change the subject in this litle debate, but did anyone see the city game this weekend? I just saw the game winning goal and samaras helped the set up to the goal :tup:

How did he play and for how long? He seems to be getting some form back

Ela re file, pou he helped! :D He headed the ball backwards to another City player, who headed it sidewards to Ireland who hit a 30 yard volley into the top corner. All he did was touch the ball! lol.

I hope he goes to Lazio, that would be a good move for him to help find his feet.

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Samaras ‒ (retired)
  • Argy locked this topic