Phantis Forums

Erogtelis v Olympiakos

NYC_Olympiakos

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, there were more calls in favour of you. Once again, Castillo managed to survive yet another game without being sent off, this time for attacking the referee. Bajevic substituted him immediately and later stated "the ref should have sent him off"

Anatolakis did not even get booked for taking thye stretcher and throwing it from the pitch when an Ergotelis player was laying on the ground and the stretcher was coming in.

As for the penalty, he may have been mildly touched in the arm, but you see Georgatos take an additional two steps and then fall. What a joke.

The biggest joke however is, that you got your fake penalty, the did play with 10, and yet you lost. Magic :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

georgatos falls when he know he cannot get the ball

Greek radio is full of criticism against Bajevic and rumours about him resigning.

Hope the latter isn't true. Everyone is ready to jump on the scapegoat in this country.

Edit: Louvaris and Bajevic have arranged a meeeting for today.

Update: It was Bajevic who asked for the meeting.

On contra.gr they just reported that Bayevic handed his resignation in to Louvaris and its now upto Kokkalis to decide what to do

He said he cant work under these conditions or something along those lines....who knows what he means by that exactly - the rift between him Rivaldo and Kokkalis seems to have done the damage.

We shall find out more soon!

He said he cant work under these conditions or something along those lines....who knows what he means by that exactly - the rift between him Rivaldo and Kokkalis seems to have done the damage.

It was impossible for any sane person to work under this pressure and the management to always leave him uncovered.

Oh yes, it seems we are following the past mistakes. Let's recruit Anastopoloulo (or even better) Rivaldo's or Giovanni's father in law. We have a "glorious" precedent on that. Then the next 7ara awaits us.

I have seen the entire game and I have to say that the ref was again desgraceful!!!

Half of the Ergotelis team were booked with yellow cards, while the alitakia, Castillo and Pantos (he made a killer tackle 5 minutes after he entered the pitch) were doing all sorts of crap... Also Anatolakis had to be sent off when he took the forio of an injured player and threw it outside the ground....

Not only that but Ergotelis was playing with 10 men for almost half hour of the match!!! The Alitaki ref gave a non existing penalty to Karafla;s dive, and then the linesman cut off many Ergotelis's counterattacks as offsides...

These things have to stop!!!! Kokkali etoimasoy gia Korydallo!!!!!! :ph34r:

Tacti wise, a defensive Ergotelis and a very slow, with no imagination, tired Thrynos!!! The chances you are refering to above were not so important as they sound... Kafes shot was more than 30 meters away and Okkas's misses were not so easy to score... He has missed much easier goals you wouldn't expect him to score them....

Anyway congrats to Ergotelis..

Eixes mia ........ san to bourlooootooo

OGUNSOOOOOTO - OGUNSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTO..... :P

tis geles poy exei kanei fetos o dusan an tis eixe kanei opoiosdhpote allos tha eixe faei klotsia edw kai 2 mhnes

einai anepitrepto na xanei h omada apo kafeneia kai otan nikaei na nikaei me miso-0

ferei megalws eythines kai gia to systhma ths omadas to opoio den yparxei kai gia tis metagrafes typou rezic

to kalokairi sigoura na parei podi kai na erthei ayto poy perimenoume edw kai xronia dhl megalos ksenos proponhths

lyseis typou anasto mhtro ale male na mas leipoun

1stly, shame on the club for what they did to the mothers and children of Ergotelis. a fit ban would be another 4-5 game suspension which would mean probably playing at home behind closed doors until the end of the seaon. In every country, clubs are responsible for the behavior of their fans and the same should aplly in Greece. I think that gate 7 yesterday crossed Kokkalis line for the last time. A new ban would mean another 1-2 mllion euro's in lost revenue for the club.

2ndly. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The vast majority of Oly's players are way past their best. Bajevic has been pressurised though (by manaagement and fans) to play the players they want playing, not he. Ultimately he is caught between a rock and a hard place but this is his fault. He should never have compromised but he did for money's sake.

Rivaldo is running on fumes and whoever can't see that is blind. It's been one after another unconvicning performances by Oly and it's no suprise to me that the 7 point margin has dropped to only 2 with PAO (again) and AEK breathing down your neck.

Overaall, let's not kid ourselves. If there is a team that plays the best football and deserves the league it's called Xanthi.

1stly, shame on the club for what they did to the mothers and children of Ergotelis. a fit ban would be another 4-5 game suspension which would mean probably playing at home behind closed doors until the end of the seaon. In every country, clubs are responsible for the behavior of their fans and the same should aplly in Greece. I think that gate 7 yesterday crossed Kokkalis line for the last time. A new ban would mean another 1-2 mllion euro's in lost revenue for the club.

2ndly. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The vast majority of Oly's players are way past their best. Bajevic has been pressurised though (by manaagement and fans) to play the players they want playing, not he. Ultimately he is caught between a rock and a hard place but this is his fault. He should never have compromised but he did for money's sake.

Rivaldo is running on fumes and whoever can't see that is blind. It's been one after another unconvicning performances by Oly and it's no suprise to me that the 7 point margin has dropped to only 2 with PAO (again) and AEK breathing down your neck.

Overaall, let's not kid ourselves. If there is a team that plays the best football and deserves the league it's called Xanthi.

ok stop this nonsence xanthi for the tittle!

they are good this year! but clealy not the best

Bajevic has been pressurised though (by manaagement and fans) to play the players they want playing, not he. Ultimately he is caught between a rock and a hard place but this is his fault. He should never have compromised but he did for money's sake.

I have heard exactly the same accusation when he signed for Paok. I don't think it's fair. He is a coach. He has to work for keeping his reputation (and earning money why not?). How do we know that he didn't get assurances that he will be respected by the team and the fan base?

He worked at Paok when the latter was experiencing terrible financial problems. He worked for Aek under similar conditions, adding the war from the small but decided minority "original" gang.

Evergreen, I think what you are suggesting is that Bajevic should have quit Greek football immediately after his dismissal from OSFP.

Nobody can argue that Bayevic is not a good coach... He has done some great things for many teams... His best strength is to work with young players, talented and to make them into potential great footballers....

His biggest problem is MORALITY... And not in terms of football but as a person... I am in favour of making money by any possible (lawfull) means but when it comes to a social even like football then several other factors must be considered before such decisions are made....

Nobody has forgotten the gifted championship to Oly while he was at AEK... Next year he has gone to Thrynos. OK I accept that, but then he had the NERVE to return to AEK because he would simply get more money than at PAOK where he was at the time.... Then AEK fans didn't want him (rightly so) and he was ready to join PAO (if you remember)The only reason tha he didn't is because Zaec wanted to be in control and Bayevic did not accept to be his puppet. Then he went to Thrynos again.... OK making money is one thing but I hate people who sell their mothers for money... Bayevic is one of them....

I wouldn't be surprised if he was to go back at PAOK.....

P.S. The contrast is Ioannidis.... Even though I hate the guy I must admit that he had MORALITY... He never went to PAOK after ARIS and he never came to PAO... There are some lines in sports that you simply can't cross. Bayevic has crossed all of them and I think there is no turning back for him...

Your view is a completely emotional one. A while ago, when the football wasn't professional, it would be valid. Now, coaches, just like players, are free to work for whoever they want. There's not a morality dilemma.

So why Lybe is allowed to play for Aek? Or Sarganis for Pao, in the past? Were they traitors and unethical persons? Why Gmoch (to remember just only one case) was allowed to coach OSFP after quite a few (and successful) Pao years? The list is too long to be quoted here.

Why the double standards? So many professionals were transfered between rival teams and no one had complained (I only remember Anastasiadis case at Iraklis). Why Bajevic is regarded as a special case? I believe that the reason he is disliked by so many people is his selfishness; as you already noted, he doesn't want to be a puppet nor he can control his temper. In Greek football, one has to show incredible patience in order to survive in coaching.

PS: One more thing. Why a coach like Bajevic wouldn't see his cooperation with Rivaldo as one of the biggest challenges in his carrier? He (by all chances) won't have a similar chance in his professional future. If I was him, I would like to try it, even when knowing that it was a risky move.

I have heard exactly the same accusation when he signed for Paok. I don't think it's fair. He is a coach. He has to work for keeping his reputation (and earning money why not?). How do we know that he didn't get assurances that he will be respected by the team and the fan base?

He worked at Paok when the latter was experiencing terrible financial problems. He worked for Aek under similar conditions, adding the war from the small but decided minority "original" gang.

Evergreen, I think what you are suggesting is that Bajevic should have quit Greek football immediately after his dismissal from OSFP.

From that I mean that Bajevic does not have the players he would like Olympiakos to play with. He has to accomodate badly spoilt brats (Latino's).

It's no secret that Bajevic doesn't like star players and primadona's.

As Pappou says, he likes working and building teams which after 1-2 seasons "click" into gear and win games easily whilst playing good football.

He did the same with AEK 1st time, Oly and PAOK (to a degree) but with the players OSFP have he can not build for the future since the core players are 32+ and past their best. Oly seem to remind me of Galatasaray of the previous 2 seasons.

When Bajevic was appointed by Kokkalis in 96 he was given the players he wanted (Stelios, Djole, Mavrogenidis, Gogic etc) and the plan was to 1st build a good team and then in good time once that team was stable, contest for the league. He won it in his 1st season (I'll keep reffing out of this) but in time, Oly too played good football scoring heavily in many games and making a good run in europe whilst missing out on the CL semi's for a gust of wind and a GK error. Ivic was the only Oly player to be bitching and he saw the door and the team did fine. This time though, Bajevic is not enjoying the same power he did back then.

How do you keep a player like Rivaldo out of the team when he's being paid 2 mil euros and is core to the clubs marketing? I don't blame Bajevic for subbing Rivaldo when he is bad or tired, but I do blame him for compomising his abilities for the sake of good $$$.

If anyone remembers, during the summer Bajevic had verbally agreed with

Red Star Belgrade and as the RSB president Dragan Djaic said at the time "He promised me he was going to take over and we shook on it. He left for Athens to pick up his stuff and the next day i was informed by a Serbian journalist that he had agreed with Olympiakos. I was shocked. The man has no honour. He didn't even have the decency to at least call me and tell me he had a change of heart."

i don't know if anyone hasn't noticed

but both Olympiakos and Pao have had alot of slip ups this season

both losing away to new promopted clubs

both losing to the suprise team in Xanthi

but the one difference is Olympiakos beat Panathiniakos and thats wut is going to come down too

Olympiakos shouldn't have lost yesterday but this is soccer were talking about their will be upsets

Olympiakos may have slipped this weekend but if the season goes as it is this season then Pao will slip up next

anywayz when Olympiakos comes to Leoforos the result of that game will ulitmately be the champion of the league

till then lets just find our path again Olympiakos and win

Archived