Phantis Forums

Who do you want to see as new coach?

Lalin

Who do you want to see as new coach?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to see as new coach?

• Vaggelis Vlachos
    • Sergio Markarian
    • Juan Ramon Rocha
    • Krystof Warzycha
    • new foreign coach

Era sport has reported that Scazny is as good as gone and PAO are looking to sign a foreign coach.

Available coaches at the moment are:

Hitzfeld (the best for PAO in my opinion)

Del Bosque (has already signed with Depor)

Irrureta (going away in the end of the season)

Iordanescu (very old-fashioned)

Markarian (we've already gone down that road)

Fernandez (just sacked from Porto)

Rocha (not sure he is considered a foreign coach)

SIR Bobby Robson (I WISH)

COSMI (quite probable...a bird told me)

<WE NEED A BIG NAME THAT CAN IMPOSE HIMSELF ON THE TEAM AND HAVE THE RESPECT OF EVERYONE (and that includes the fans too) >

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ottmar Hitzfeld & Carlos Bianchi - probably the best 2 coaches in the world are currently out of job. If I was running things at Panathinaikos they would had to be on the top of my shortlist.

Ottmar Hitzfeld (probably Mission Impossible)

- legendary Swiss/German

- former Grasshoppers/Dortmund/Bayern coach - always extremely succesfull

- left Bayern in June 2004, decided to rest for a year

- still didn't get a good enough offer

- declined an 4mil. Euro offer from Qatar to coach their National team

- said he would like to manage a bit smaller club for a change - and this season Pao isn't really among the top European clubs

Carlos Bianchi (has to be Mission Possible)

- charismatic Argentinian

- top striker in the seventies/eighties (Velez/Nice/PSG 300+ goals)

- former Nice/Velez Sarsfield/AS Roma/Boca Juniors coach - 3 x World Champion, 4 x Copa Libertadores Winner

- left Boca Juniors last summer - somehow he just can't get a job in a top European club, he was linked with Real, Barca, Depor - but Real Madrid chose Luxemburgo, Barca Rijkaard and finnaly yesterday Deportivo made a deal with Del Bosque

- probably he has to increase his reputation in Europe - a good spell at pao would do the trick

- he gets results even when his club constantly sells its top players (Boca Juniors)

- but could be named the next PSG coach very soon (they are pathetic this season under Halilhodzic)

Either would guarantee great things for Pao in years to come. Big salary could be a problem - but that is the price you have to pay for success.

Great coach can make medicore players great - A bad coach can only do the opposite. Pao's bosses must not do the same mistake again, they have to open their wallets and bring in a big name - that can't be a bad move.

I've done lots of thinking on the subject... First we should bring in someone who's not "worn out" , a new face with knowledge (I know Markarian could be good, but PAO is in crisis and we need someone who won't play favorites and clean house)....

He has to impose discipline in the team. To make the players try harder on the pitch (like Domazos said), but he has to show that he knows how to set up a team, otherwise no one (players, fans) will take him seriously.

Get a 7-8 players to build around them, and don't have a bunch of "equally" good, don't have an "airport" policy--fly in, fly out. Morris, Domazos, Kyriakos all have said that the "parea" or friendly atmosphere is gone from PAO... These people don't even talk to each other!!!!!!!

I have no doubt that Tzigger loves PAO. But this is not the question. If my uncle gave me a basketball team that I loved, I'd know what to do because I don't know a lot about it. So, Tzigger must get rid of those around him who don't know anything and rather "lick his boots" and "kiss his ass"... and get professionals to run the show.

Finally, the whole "corporate culture" must change within the organization. It starts from the top and goes down to the last person. This is perhaps the most difficult thing to change, because entrenched mentality, especially bad attitude and habbits are hard to change.

As we've seen everywhere, the fundamentals are more important than big names, money (especially when Tzigger doesn't know where to put his money!).... We have to build a team not a "thiaso" :blink:

Finally, since we agree that the season is lost, I now support getting Scaz out right away, and don't name a coach until we find a good/suitable one for us.... My thinking is that since we're not in the hunt for anything, the rebuilding should start this season.... Name an interim "caretaker" --Warczycha will do-- because what's the point getting, say Vlachos, to replace him in the summer.....

I, by the way, voted for Markarian not expecting him to come (I know he's not a fresh face, but I appreciated what he did for us). One thing to remind you all: PAO IS NOT A LEARNING COACHING POSITION/CLASSROOM..... Inexperienced coaches can start at lesser teams....not PAO! B)

I've done lots of thinking on the subject... First we should bring in someone who's not "worn out" , a new face with knowledge (I know Markarian could be good, but PAO is in crisis and we need someone who won't play favorites and clean house)....

He has to impose discipline in the team. To make the players try harder on the pitch (like Domazos said), but he has to show that he knows how to set up a team, otherwise no one (players, fans) will take him seriously.

Get a 7-8 players to build around them, and don't have a bunch of "equally" good, don't have an "airport" policy--fly in, fly out. Morris, Domazos, Kyriakos all have said that the "parea" or friendly atmosphere is gone from PAO... These people don't even talk to each other!!!!!!!

I have no doubt that Tzigger loves PAO. But this is not the question. If my uncle gave me a basketball team that I loved, I'd know what to do because I don't know a lot about it. So, Tzigger must get rid of those around him who don't know anything and rather "lick his boots" and "kiss his ass"... and get professionals to run the show.

Finally, the whole "corporate culture" must change within the organization. It starts from the top and goes down to the last person. This is perhaps the most difficult thing to change, because entrenched mentality, especially bad attitude and habbits are hard to change.

As we've seen everywhere, the fundamentals are more important than big names, money (especially when Tzigger doesn't know where to put his money!).... We have to build a team not a "thiaso" :blink:

Finally, since we agree that the season is lost, I now support getting Scaz out right away, and don't name a coach until we find a good/suitable one for us.... My thinking is that since we're not in the hunt for anything, the rebuilding should start this season.... Name an interim "caretaker" --Warczycha will do-- because what's the point getting, say Vlachos, to replace him in the summer.....

I, by the way, voted for Markarian not expecting him to come (I know he's not a fresh face, but I appreciated what he did for us). One thing to remind you all: PAO IS NOT A LEARNING COACHING POSITION/CLASSROOM..... Inexperienced coaches can start at lesser teams....not PAO! B)

i dont remember Markarian ever playing favourites.....thats partly why he was such a good coach.

Ottmar Hitzfeld & Carlos Bianchi - probably the best 2 coaches in the world are currently out of job. If I was running things at Panathinaikos they would had to be on the top of my shortlist.

Carlos Bianchi (has to be Mission Possible)

- charismatic Argentinian

- top striker in the seventies/eighties (Velez/Nice/PSG 300+ goals)

- former Nice/Velez Sarsfield/AS Roma/Boca Juniors coach - 3 x World Champion, 4 x Copa Libertadores Winner

- left Boca Juniors last summer - somehow he just can't get a job in a top European club, he was linked with Real, Barca, Depor - but Real Madrid chose Luxemburgo, Barca Rijkaard and finnaly yesterday Deportivo made a deal with Del Bosque

- probably he has to increase his reputation in Europe - a good spell at pao would do the trick

- he gets results even when his club constantly sells its top players (Boca Juniors)

- but could be named the next PSG coach very soon (they are pathetic this season under Halilhodzic)

Either would guarantee great things for Pao in years to come. Big salary could be a problem - but that is the price you have to pay for success.

Good points there lambo... ANY of the two would do but I regard the Argentineans case more appealing. A signing like that would put us right back on the map of World football. Also he knows his country's market very well and players would love to play for him. He also operates a strict regime which is exactly what we need in PAO at the moment. Respect and quality.

Panathinaikos must go for a renowned coach this time. The club is fast sinking for 1,5 years now and someone must get them out of troubles! If a good charismatic coach can be signed now, then be it but if not then the team needs an interim coach -that is surely Vazexa- and new plans should start. The team has to part ways with players that are not gonna be used and new faces should be brought in the summer. And Vazexa should be shifted to an assistant role after the summer coaching change. I mean you guys must get a great coach to get the ecole off, like Bianchi, Hitzfeld, Terim or else...

Panathinaikos must go for a renowned coach this time. The club is fast sinking for 1,5 years now and someone must get them out of troubles! If a good charismatic coach can be signed now, then be it but if not then the team needs an interim coach -that is surely Vazexa- and new plans should start. The team has to part ways with players that are not gonna be used and new faces should be brought in the summer. And Vazexa should be shifted to an assistant role after the summer coaching change. I mean you guys must get a great coach to get the ecole off, like Bianchi, Hitzfeld, Terim or else...

our manager is cheap as well...... hes gonna bring us... another sh!tty coach...

OMG could you imagine either Hitzfeld or Bianchi! That would be a dream but awesome! Im more of a Hitzfeld fan than Bianchi only bc i fear he would flood our team with his own back from Argentina and it would be klikes!

And Hitzfeld is just as discplined.

Anyways...I too have heard PAO are in for the foreign coach - does Rocha count as a foreign coach? And I too doubt Markarian to come back - I dun remember him playing favourites.

So whats this about the 'parea' atmosphere gone at PAO? No wonder the teams not playing to its potential...if players arent even talking than why should we expect them to play for each other as a team!

i dont remember Markarian ever playing favourites.....thats partly why he was such a good coach.

No, Markarian didn't play favorites, and he worked well for us. But I'm not sure he can discipline our kolopaida and have the guts to clean house, even against Vardi wishes.....

Actually, I voted for the guy in this poll, though I know he's doesn't want to come to Greece again, so I don't expect him to.

Sorry, to quote Domazos again, but this guy knows what he's talking about and doesn't mince words..... First, he said he'd never go to PAO as it is now, becuase he's used to pounding his fist on the table, and he's not afraid to stand up to ..anyone. Which means that PAO management doesn't want anyone who is very independent!...... Why aren't the old "PAO flags" involved with the team today?

Anyway, another point was that our players don't try hard enough. If you see the videos, too many are not marking tight, walk around the pitch, and don't like eachother (like when Sanamartean pushes away Pap when he comes to congrats him!)

Panathinaikos must bring in someone who wont take s%$#! from the klikkers in our team. Basinas needs to benched cause he has a chip on his shoulder. We need a dissciplined coach from somewhere like germany, who will get overall respect from the players. The players need someone who, who will have FULL control of the team, and not have some1 on his shoulder telling him what to do.

I hope and i really do hope we get someone from germany,,and not a christoph daum. History has shown tziggers decisions are not up to scratch. Whether he is making the decisions. or has a stupid advisor,the blame is on all these clowns. If certain background staff are in the club because they lick tziggers a.ss, they have to be shown the door. Its time that competent people run this famous club,,otherwise we will remain a whatif club.

Why dont you put in a caretaker coach and wait for Bajevic... ?! :D :not:

Bajevic is crap for me..... Santos is a lot of better coach! O Bajevic olo tsakonete....

According to Sportime, PAO has found a new coach and an agreement has been reached for 1,5 years. It does not say who it is , although reports have him coming from Central Europe (Germany, Denmark, Netherlands). Apparently he is someone relatively new but known from his good work the last couple of years.

The report dismisses any rumour concerning Ioardanescu and Terim.

Any ideas of who it can be?

Archived