Phantis Forums

Djordjevic to Galatasaray?

Batigol

www.sport.gr has a report which states that mid-fielder Djordjevic may be going to Galatasaray. Oly has denied everything.

I don't buy it myself but at the same time I wouldn't be all that surprised either. Clearly though, it would be a very bad mood for him to leave Oly, after all, I think he's been the team's heart and soul over the last 4 years or so.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly though, it would be a very bad mood for him to leave Oly, after all, I think he's been the team's heart and soul over the last 4 years or so.

haert and soul of the crappiest CL team until a new heart and soul appeared: Rivaldo... I definitely don't see him at Galatasaray...

Well, I thought may be once, just once before he is 40 he might harbour ambitions of playing in the next round of Champions League :P

After so many years of failure with a small club, he can now realise his dream by moving to a bigger club like Galata.

If he WAS at PAO, that dream would NOT have been a problem now would it :)

Guest Protathlitis

Well, I thought may be once, just once before he is 40 he might harbour ambitions of playing in the next round of Champions League

After so many years of failure with a small club, he can now realise his dream by moving to a bigger club like Galata.

If he WAS at PAO, that dream would NOT have been a problem now would it

Guest Protathlitis

Your right Vasille, his form has been down, but hes been injured. Despite his dip in form hes been showing glimpses of why he is an Olympiakos great and a fukin star too:nw: :nw:

i saw that report last night reading my greek news paper in nyc

too me its got to be full of s%$#!

Djordjevic has a beautiful home in Greece and lives next to my dads friend

back to soccer my mother told me courtesy the guy on the radio was pratically saying its a done deal

i think is contract is either up this summer or next not sure on that would want some details

but he has been the face of Olympiakos for 8 years now

he has come up on a lot of big games

i hope the goal he scored v Deportivo isn't his last great moment of Olympiakos

but he is 32 and well he isn't going to get better but my thought is that Georgatos is a free agent this summer and they won't resign him even though he has always been Olympiakos at heart but next season Djordjevic would go into a less suited role than the one he is today thinking that Olympiakos makes a few sigings and the evolving maric to take control

we will see

and i don't want him at Gala he is too good for them

OSFP is the biggest club in the Balkans by far. Any pao fan who thinks otherwise because of a few good season in CL is blind.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My friend, it is a fact that until a few years ago when you bought your way to the Champions League for the first time, no one in Europe had even heard of the name Olymopiakos. They thought it was something to do with Olymoic games.

On the other hand most people who knew about football and followed European football year in year out, had heard of Panathinaikos because of the exposure we had in Euro competitions in the 70s, 80s and throughout the 90s.

If you disagree with this then YOU are blind. I am telling you facts now objectively, and not talking as a fan. I have lived in England for 15 years and my feelings for PAO grew when I realised that most people associate Greek football with the name Panathinaikos.

Go on disagree. I really don't care and certainly don;t want to turn this into another tedious old argument we have had here many times. I just wanted to respond to your comment. Let's leave it here ok?

Guest Protathlitis

Yep if you want you can respond in another thread so as to not clog up this one.

You say you speak objectlvley and then you go and say something like the only reason we made it to the quaters was because we bought our way into CL to begin with,

Talk about buying games, do you really beleive you made it to the european final without paying red star or the other teams?

You place all this importance on what foreigners (english) percieve about football; do you really think that foreigners think anything about pao anymore? they see 5-0 at old trafford and 7-0 at turin and they think that all Greek teams have a way to go.

You play terrible football in europe and your not getting results anymore. Next year is see it being even worse for you guys.

32 titles, By a huge margin the largest following out of all Greek clubs and a huge dominance in games between us throughout history; keep whining about the refs; I dont buy it.

Ok then, we just agree to disagree then.

But just to say you are right when you say foreigners don;t care about Greek football because of 5-0 and 7-0. But remember at the same time that they care even less about our league and the fact that Oly have won 32 championships (half of it when there wasn't even a professional league) is even less irrelevant to them.

But when they lok at the pages of European Cup history and they see the name Panathinaikos in the final and 2 semi-finals, When they see the name Panathinaikos on the list of Intercontinental Cup, when Juve fans remember they were dumped out of Europe twice by Panathinaikos and when they remember they thumped Olympiakos 7-0, they form their impressions. Quite independent of what happen in the domestic league.

Do you know that before the game with Liverpool, the English TV commentators were laughing at Olympiakos record of 0 - 4 - 21 in Champions League away games? I was embarrassed for Olympiakos although I am a vazelo.

That's the difference between us. But if you want to talk about this more we should open another discussion so we don;t get accused of ruining this thread.

i Djordjevic has a beautiful home in Greece and lives next to my dads friend

and i don't want him at Gala he is too good for them

Be sure in Istanbul there a lot of beautiful homes that you can't imagine

and i don't want him too because he is too old to buy as foreign also not enough

Guest Protathlitis

But remember at the same time that they care even less about our league and the fact that Oly have won 32 championships (half of it when there wasn't even a professional league) is even less irrelevant to them.

your the one who is placing all the importance on what the xenoi think, to me the 32 titles mean alot, given the next closest tally. AND i DO admire pao's history in europe to an extent. However if they see pao in the history pages in the semis a few times they wont think much of it. There have been lots of obscure 'eastern european teams' who have gotten to finals on the odd occasion. Also we do have by far the most fans out of all Greek teams and that has to play a part in who is the biggest club. pao is also very much inferior to OSFP considering head to head record. Plus to be completely impartial man, OSFP has a much brighter future in Europe. Apart from all that, both clubs are bigger than any turkic club ;)

Constantinople is a beautiful city yes but Tzole is Greek and is right now playing in Greece so i see no real insentive to play in the turish league

Both of you make ur points here. Yes panos, our record in europe in away games is very laughable(not for long) and protathlitis our 32 championships should draw attention around Europe, being that it's such a large margin. Now for this thread, I'd say Djordjevic going to Turkey is the ultimate betrayal and will never happen. i mean, he's our captain, why would captain betray his team like that.

But remember at the same time that they care even less about our league and the fact that Oly have won 32 championships (half of it when there wasn't even a professional league) is even less irrelevant to them.

your the one who is placing all the importance on what the xenoi think, to me the 32 titles mean alot, given the next closest tally. AND i DO admire pao's history in europe to an extent. However if they see pao in the history pages in the semis a few times they wont think much of it. There have been lots of obscure 'eastern european teams' who have gotten to finals on the odd occasion. Also we do have by far the most fans out of all Greek teams and that has to play a part in who is the biggest club. pao is also very much inferior to OSFP considering head to head record. Plus to be completely impartial man, OSFP has a much brighter future in Europe. Apart from all that, both clubs are bigger than any turkic club ;)

Constantinople is a beautiful city yes but Tzole is Greek and is right now playing in Greece so i see no real insentive to play in the turish league

i don't know how this discussion turned out another battle between OSFP and PAO

these pao fans ruin everything in here and yet u hear them blame Olympiakos supporters in this discussion

idiots as usual

anywayz any information on wuts going on with djordjavic ??

Plus to be completely impartial man, OSFP has a much brighter future in Europe.

What? With a bunch of thirty something year olds like Schurrer, Rivaldo, Djorjevic, Anatolakis, Georgatos.....? Nest year they all will be one year older. Is this the brighter future you are looking forward to!!!!!!!!! With all the millions Kokalis spent last summer you only did one single point more than PAO with a non-existent coach, Mitu, Vitra and Goumobasinades AND we scored twice more goals too;)

Think again.

As for Djorjevic. I hate to see any discussion turn into a Greek vs Turkey issue. At some point our two peoples must put the past behind them. Djorgevic maybe Greek now but just as Turkish players play in Basketball and football teams in Greece and are adored by us Greek fans, I hope one day a Greek plaer can make the move to Turkey and be loved by Tourkish fans. Sports can cross all boundaries.

I don't know about your Greece-Turkey issue, and I know that this will be irrelevant to the topic discussion, but last night I went to a turkish raustaurant in N. Filadelfia (OYST HANOUMISSES :P ) called PERA which I think the name comes from an old Greek area in Konstadinoupoli... The food was great.... I think I can't resist Iskender Kebabs, Humus, and Pasturma!!!!! :nw: :tup:

Archived