Phantis Forums

Hellas - Czech Republic - Semifinal

slick13

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Czech's had a really poor first half, if we employ the man-marking strategy we used on France, especially on Baros + Nedved, we shud b ok. The Dane's crumbled imo because of some really sloppy defending.

Another concern was Koller's first goal - a free header from a corner. As long as Dellas always sticks to him, then it should neutralise his threat.

Also, should Vryzas go str8 back in2 the starting XI, or should we keep Nikolaidis?

+ Karagounis needs 2 b careful, he's picked up a booking in every game + if he does it again, he will miss the final. Zagorakis also has 2 b careful not 2 get another yellow

How I wish we could fast forward to this match. I can't wait to watch it. I'm very nervous about this as I'm sure everyone is. All these thoughts cross my mind about what could be because we are so close to the final. Can you just imagine? I wish I was in Greece for this. Even though I'm not, the passion is the same. May we get to the finals and win it. Zito H ELLAS! :nw:

With the inclusion of Giannocopoulos and Vryzas there is no dought that we are a definate threat to win the whole thing but we have to watch the yellow cards so we dont lose anyone in the final. This is going to be one hell of a game boys we nothing to lose.

ZHTO E ELLAS

Goign to be a long wait until Friday Morning our time.....

Stelio will be a very big inclusion. But I would consider keeping Demis for the first 60minutes as he did a very good job of presenting, winning fouls and feeding. Use Vryzas in the last 30.

I would not look forward to an extra-time situation as the nerves will absolutely kill me.

Since I have ties to both countries, I wish this game was the final of the tournament. Very tough game for the Ethniki. probably the toughest opponent in the torunament for us. I hope luck is on our side, and we will be able to celebrate a victory on Thursday. I think the game will finish as a tie in the regular 90 minutes, and everything will be decided in over-time. Should be a great game.

Pierluigi Collina is the ref for the game. He was great in the Greece - Portugal game, however I hope that he does not play favors to the Czechs, since it was him that robbed the Czech team in the last Euro finals.

Do you think Tsartas should start instead of coming in the second half as usual? Good to see Giannakopoulos back. Also Nikolaides has improved and will be even better in the semi.

yeh, i think Greece shud start with Nikolaides + Tsartas over Vryzas + Bassinas + bring the latter on for the near end of the match.

Let's look at history with the Czechs.

So far we have only played one game with the Czech Republic. It was a friendly in 2002, which was played at Ioannina and ended in a 0-0 tie.

Before that the Greek national team played Czechoslovakia (before they split up) five times, losing all five games.

Our history against the Czech Republic

Posted Image

Vachousek is battling Konstantinidis during the Greece

- Czech Republic (0-0) friendly game in Ioannina.

Our history against Czechoslovakia

So far we have only played one game with the Czech Republic. It was a friendly in 2002, which was played at Ioannina and ended in a 0-0 tie.

so we're due a win then. look at Portugal - they had never beaten spain in a competitive game before this tournament + look what happened.

Be very careful.

Greece does well against "technical" teams. Greece does not do that well against teams that are fast and do not stop running after the ball. Greece cannot keep up that pace for a whole game. Remember the Russian game. Fast, non stopping Russian play killed us and realistically should have been 3-1 at half time.

Also, the Spainiards also changed their style from the more technical style to the more pacey game against us and in realility it worked. We had one opportunity and we scored... but Spain dominated possession and we were playing somewhat disorganized due to our players trying to change our style to accomodate the fast game.

If Otto has our boys pull out the triangles to try and tire them out... then that might work. But Otto has done a good job with tactics so far....

if tsartas starts then the greek midfield will be worn out b4 45 mins. tsartas is the sort of guy who should come on 15-20 mins before the finish... he's not a dribbler, what he does is accurately shooting and very very accurately passing.

and i can't help thinking how u guyz keep up with Nikolaydis in this tournament. he doesn't run as much as Charistyas who is 21 cm taller...

i think the star of the Greek team has so far been Zagorakis on the field. Off it, i think everyone should give it to the coach of the tournament, Otto the GiantKiller!!!

GOOD JOB, GUYS! KEEP THIS UP! I REALLY WANNA SEE OUR KOMSU WIN THE TROPHY!!!

Archived