Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2023

Blackhawk

Ingasson was replaced by Ekong. Augusto will be eventually be replaced by Maximovic or someone else if Maximovic does not come, so no big loss there. 

Milan is offering 5 mil for Koulierakis. We are asking for 10. I think if the teams can agree on 8 mil he will be sold sooner than later.

@ Athens4, I expect one more sale and  it will probably happen even if we make the group stage.

Gianluca Di Marzio reported that we’re in potential talks of signing Marcos Antonio (23yr old Brazilian midfielder) from Lazio on loan. Apparently didn’t live up to expectations in his first season for them so hopefully he can in the GSL.

Previously played at Shakhtar Donetsk with Taison for a few seasons.

We’ll probably expect to hear more if we knock out Hajduk.

Edited by Tahma

Tsaousis loaned out, a shame.  I thought he started really well last season until he got that nasty injury.

Koulierakis, the kid is 19 and he plays like someone who has been playing senior football for many seasons.  He is the "prototype" of exactly what you want your academy to produce.  And to sell him for 5 million ... good lord.  Even 10 is too cheap.  20+ minimum.

• Like it 2

Soares might only be a muscle injury (at least, that was the guess on some random site's post). I would bet you his role as third-string AM will be filled by Ricardo. We definitely need that other CM though, be it the Brazilian kid or Maksimovic.

I bet the team won't pull the trigger until after the Hearts game though.

There was a rumor posted on one of the sites earlier that the team has agreed terms with Marcos Antonio and is working on a one-season loan with a buy-out (though I'm not sure if it's mandatory or optional). No idea what the amount could be, though. Lazio paid 7.5mm to Shakhtar for him, with a possible 2mm bonus (which they surely won't have to pay now considering he only played the equivalent of a dozen games last season). Hopefully they are considering him a loss and will just give him away for free...right?

1 hour ago, Athens4 said:

People are calling him Dantas' clone. Not a good sign.

Not only that, he is reported to be injured right now, so he won't help us in the near future if we get him.

6 hours ago, Tahma said:

We look to have reached an agreement for the loan of Marcos Antonio (approx €1mil). I’d say there’ll be more news over the next 24/48 hours.

We had a Marcos Antonio before. Saw him even live in a friendly against TOP Oss:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcos_António_(footballer,_born_1983)

• Thanks 1

Apparently we are close getting midfielder Soualiho Meite on loan from Benfica.

As for Narey at the start of training in Holland this summer he has asked for a raise in his salary. PAOK turned him down. Ever since he has not performed to last season levels. I am not surprised PAOK is willing to accept the offers from Saudi Arabia, but I would hope they would ask for more than 2 mil.

• Like it 1

What does that have to do with transfer rumors?

Is it not obvious why a Russian citizen would want to lay low? It's the one thing that troglodyte has done right. Trolls gonna troll I guess

The Marcos Antonio rumor mill is saying that we've agreed terms with the player for a loan, but that Lazio has decided they don't want an optional purchase option for next season - they want it to be mandatory (and allegedly expensive).

Meanwhile, Meite is apparently "packing his bags" for the land of Alexander: https://inpaok.com/785595/erchetai-stin-thessaloniki-o-meite/

We could, potentially, have an overabundance of midfielders here soon. Hopefully they get that Colombian guy in quick, to replace Narey. I would not be surprised if Murg makes the squad, with his performances recently. I bet you we'll get one winger in these next seven days and then move for another in December, when there may be a need.

• Like it 1