Phantis Forums

Greek Cup-Final: PAOK - Panathinaikos (21-05-2022, 20:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.3891b4bd8f98799425251982ed3eb20d.jpg  VS    PAO.png.af0b7d6bcb87ecb948f4db11ca53899e.png

MATCHUP:            P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki - Panathinaikos Athens
COMPETITION:    Greek Cup – Final
DATE:                     21-May-2022
TIME:                     20:00 EET (17:00 UTC, 12:00 CDT, 03:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Thessaloniki – Toumba Stadium (Capacity: 28,703)
REFEREES:              Antonio Lahoz - Pau devis, Roberto Palomar (Spain)
TELEVISION:        COSMOTE Sport 1HD (Greece), Cytavision Sports (Cyprus), Antenna Satellite/Pacific (USA, Canada/Australia)
                                     The game will also be televised on 2-hour tape delay on ERT3 on the ERTFlix platform.

PAOK – Panathinaikos Greek Cup history:    

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019-2020:  QF – Leg 2:  Panathinaikos - PAOK  0:1 (Swiderski) - Attendance: ?
2019-2020:  QF – Leg 1:  PAOK – Panathinaikos  2:0 (Vieirinha-p, Varela) - Attendance: ?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016-2017:  SF – Leg 2:    PAOK – Panathinaikos  4:0  (Pelkas, Matos, Shakhov, Prijovic) - Attendance: ?
2016-2017:  SF – Leg 1:     Panathinaikos - PAOK  2:0 - Attendance: 10,000
2013-2014:  FINAL:           PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:4 (Vukic-p) - Attendance: 44,356 (OAKA Stadium)
2006-2007:  QF – Leg 2:  Panathinaikos - PAOK  3:1 et (Georgiadis) - Attendance: 23,747
2006-2007:  QF – Leg 1:   PAOK – Panathinaikos  2:1 (Konstantinidis, Mieciel) - Attendance: 13,924
1993-1994:  R3 – Leg 2:    PAOK – Panathinaikos  0:0  4:5 pen. - Attendance: 14,690
1993-1994:  R3 – Leg 1:     Panathinaikos - PAOK  0:0 - Attendance: 3,532
1990-1991:  SF – Leg 2:     PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:0 (Skartados) - Attendance: 25,918
1990-1991:  SF – Leg 1:      Panathinaikos - PAOK  2:0 - Attendance: 18,607

1984-1985:  SF – Leg 2:     PAOK – Panathinaikos  4:0 (Siggas, Kostikos, Alexandridis, Karasavidis) - Attendance: 40,561
1984-1985:  SF – Leg 1:      Panathinaikos - PAOK  2:0 - Attendance: 48,104

1981-1982:  SF – Leg 2:      PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:0 (Koudas) - Attendance: 38,774
1981-1982:  SF – Leg 1:       Panathinaikos - PAOK  2:0 - Attendance: 24,000

1976-1977:  FINAL:                PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:2 (Terzanidis) - Attendance: 28,490 (Karaiskaki Stadium)
1972-1973:  QF:                   PAOK – Panathinaikos  2:0 (Paridis 2) - Attendance: 38,869
1971-1972:  FINAL:                PAOK – Panathinaikos  2:1 (Koudas 2) - Attendance: 34,831 (Karaiskaki Stadium) – CUP WINNER
1970-1971:  QF:                   PAOK – Panathinaikos  3:2 (Sarafis, Paridis, own goal) - Attendance: 28,830
1967-1968:  QF:                  PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:2 et (Foundoukidis) - Attendance: 12,263
1954-1955:  FINAL:            PAOK – Panathinaikos  0:2 - Attendance: 6,729 (Leoforos Alexandras)
1950-1951:  SF:                   PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:0  (Papadakis) - Attendance: ?
1948-1949:  QF:                  PAOK – Panathinaikos  0:1 - Attendance: ?
GAMES:  23   WINS:  11   TIES:  2      LOSSES:   10

• Blackhawk changed the title to GREEK CUP-Final: PAOK - Panathinaikos (21-05-2022, 20:00 EEST)

Silly move if it was to eventuate. We were never winning the title this season. We wanted a run in Europe and we got the best one in our history (in terms of matches won) We are into another Cup final, regardless of the result Lucescu needs to stay and be allowed to build a team he wants. 

I will say any other manager has the poor run we've had of late, they probably would not have survived but that doesn't mean it would've been the correct move (or the poor run in November) Nothing has been lost big picture wise and even if we finish end up sliding and finishing 3rd or 4th there is no real difference, except maybe a qualifying round and starting a fortnight later. 

• Like it 1

22 hours ago, PaokCT said:

Been hearing a rumor that if we don’t win the cup final , Lucescu will be gone. What y’all think? @paokarag4 @pash

Usually such rumors are propagated by media controlled by our competitors in order to create issues before important games. They tried another one with Kurtic leaving the team after this season.

• Like it 2

Scotsman will also be joining me in Athens for the final, though he will be taking the magic bus from Thessaloniki. I will be heading straight to the capital with my father. I feel like I am crossing off a bucket list item - going to a cup final with my father.

• Like it 2

13 hours ago, Athens4 said:

Scotsman will also be joining me in Athens for the final, though he will be taking the magic bus from Thessaloniki. I will be heading straight to the capital with my father. I feel like I am crossing off a bucket list item - going to a cup final with my father.

Enjoy file. I wish my old man was still around to see it.

• Like it 1

Reports are that 16,000 of our tickets have been sold. Around 5,500 left.

EPO also announced that all of their 5,500 tickets have been allocated. Rumors are that 75% of those tickets ended up in the hands of Panathinaikos supporters.

Spanish refs for this game.

Also if you can't watch the game live, ERT3 will have 2-hour delay replay via their ERTFlix platform.

• Like it 1

• Blackhawk changed the title to Greek Cup-Final: Paok - Panathinaikos (21-05-2022, 20:00 EEST)
  • Blackhawk changed the title to Greek Cup-Final: PAOK - Panathinaikos (21-05-2022, 20:00 EEST)

All players except Michailidis are taking part in full practices, so Lucescu should have a full squad by game time. We just have to make sure El Kadduri does not warm up before the game.

One interesting statistic is that El Kaddouri has not played in any PAOK Greek Cup finals so far. He missed all of them. 

19,000 tickets sold to PAOK fans so far. Hopefully the remaining 2,500 tickets will be sold as well by tomorrow.

• Like it 1

He did (and so did Kurtic) but that should not stop them from playing. Any injuries to Kaddouri's legs is what we should worry about.

My starting lineup for toimorrow:

------------ Paschalakis --------------
Lyratzis - Ingason - Crespo - Vieirinha
--- Augusto ----------- Kurtic --------
Zivkovic --- Biseswar ----- El Kaddouri
------------- Oliveira ------------------

Another incentive: AS Roma won today and is assured of EL through the League. This means that it does not matter (well I'm a born and raised Rotterdammer, so I will route for Feyenoord!) which team wins the ECL final, the Greek cupwinner is promoted to ECL Q3.

Because: In case Feyenoord wins or Roma wins and finishes 5th or 6th in the Serie A.
In that case the ECL-TH spot is used (by Feyenoord if they win) or not used (if Roma wins). Anyhow:
- NED-CW (Feyenoord for sure) goes from EL-q4 to EL-GS
- CYP-CW goes from EL-q3n to EL-q4
- CZE-CW goes from ECL-q3n to EL-q3n
- GRE-CW goes from ECL-q2n to ECL-q3n
- LAT-CW and ALB-CW go from ECL-q1n to ECL-q2n

Is this in addition to the possible Ukraine-based reshuffling of next season's slots? I tried to make sense of those articles a few days ago but my head started to spin.