Phantis Forums

ECL-QR3-L1: Bohemians Dublin - PAOK (03-08-21, 21:45 EEST)

Blackhawk

There is no excuse for not winning this match. We went into the game thinking the win would come automatically. Add to it childish mistakes in the first half and the rest is history. In the second half we improved, but could not crack the parked bus. We will face the parked bus in the second game, so Lucescu better come up with some answers. I hate to say it, but Biseswar has to start over Kagawa next week.

That just shows you how truly bad this team is… we played our worst game in probably 2-3 years and we are still in this leg. I don’t know what to expect in the second leg. We can win 5-1 or and you tying 0-0 . 

all I know is the following players should not get PT: Kagawa, Vierinha, El Kaddouri…

Also when you are chasing a game , why take out your best player in Oliviera? Lucescu made too many position for position swaps. Change the system. Go to a 4-4-2 and keep both strikers on.

Edited by PaokCT

Ended the game well. Should be the starting point of next game.

Return lineup should be like:

Paschalakis (or Zivko)

Rodrigo - Varela - Crespo - Vieirinha

Schwab - Biseswar - Kurtic

Andrija - Oliveira - Tzolis 

This assuming Crespo is fit to play.

Esiti must be sold or loaned. I say it all the time. If your name is Anderson you can not play decent football!

Kagawa is Berbatov 2.0

4 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I am not surprised. We don't really have anybody better for that position.

Well, we did have Warda ... either way relying on Kagawa who frankly showed nothing last season is a bit of a gamble.

Well, bit of a surprise result or should I not be surprised ?  I guess we'll see in the return leg.  Then of course there is the next round which by the sounds of our overall play today we will cop a thrashing.  Worrying developments all round.  Having one weak position on the pitch is not good, two or more and you're putting yourself in a precarious position.  Judging by the comments in this thread it sounds like we had 8 weak positions today.  Did anybody play ok ?

19 minutes ago, Bananas said:

Well, bit of a surprise result or should I not be surprised ?  I guess we'll see in the return leg.  Then of course there is the next round which by the sounds of our overall play today we will cop a thrashing.  Worrying developments all round.  Having one weak position on the pitch is not good, two or more and you're putting yourself in a precarious position.  Judging by the comments in this thread it sounds like we had 8 weak positions today.  Did anybody play ok ?

Oliviera was the best on the team. I think Rodrigo did well too.

FFS what did I just watch

• Omar is not a winger
  • You cannot expect a 35 year old who has had a knee reconstruction to play as a wing back
  • Michailidis is a kourada [I have said this before]
  • Zivkovic is the better keeper
  • It's ok you can change formations and people won't think you have been castrated as a man
  • They are 20 games into their season, I would expect we would also have better touch by that stage of our season too
  • They are a better coached/prepared team
  • Esiti is limited, we know it, the opposition knows it, he knows it, Razvan knows it but refuses to build around what is probably the most important position for our setup. Why not play Omar central and Kagawa wide. Kagawa could find space and Omar provides Esiti the support. Razvan seems obsessed with finding this trequarista for the team but we don't have the player to play that position against ready opponents.