Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2018-2019)

I'm a huge fan of 3-5-2 formation when the right personnel is available.  I think with Akpom skill set and from what I've seen of Swiderski, we could probably pull it off.  

------------------------------Paschalakis-----------------------------

---------------Varella--------Ingason--------Crespo------------

Matos-----Mauricio--Biseswar--Oliveira----Vieirinha

----------------------Akpom---------Swiderski--------------------

I think Henrique/Limnio can take over for Matos, You can put Pelkas or Jaba in the Swiderski spot.  Pelkas can also take over for Biseswar, as can El Kaddouri or Sakhov.  Giannoulis can take over Vieirinhas spot, or Tosca for a defensive strategy.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's never been our standard formation. At least, not in the past ten years or so. Igor Tudor used a 3-4-2-1 during Mak's wonder year, however.

I don't hate the 3-5-2, but our strength lies in our wingers + fullbacks...this formation does not take advantage of this depth/strength. Also - no way Henrique plays better as a wingback than Limnios would, IMO.

20 hours ago, pash said:

Also, very interesting stuff from Michel: https://inpaok.com/535992/apokalypsis-apo-michel/

Cool article.  I love little behind the scenes snippets like these.  Gotta say, Michel has been very good for the club.  Really improved the squad.  It’s interesting how he pinpoints getting Vieirinha as a shift in the club.  If you were to look back at my posts I was against us signing Vierinha.  I really thought he was just using us for one final big pay day.  And at the time the salary seemed outrageous, for what I believed was an over the hill player.  How wrong I was.  So wrong.  He really is a leader and just having him on the pitch makes such a huge difference.

I agree, though I think you're still a swell guy.

Doesn't surprise me that he still believes in Shakhov (who has really stepped up his game). Before I thought it would be a hard choice between him and Canas, but right now there's no question.

Also (and this is for future transfers that we don't have a topic for, so I'm writing this here) - I read a few day ago that the administration is contemplating offering a player + cash for Oliveira. Perhaps Pelkinho will go to where he first got good? Then again, some rando on Instagram today claimed that we were going to offer 6mm for Oliveira for 50% of the rights, so, everything could just be pie in the sky. I say we wait to see if he stays good before blowing our wads.

I was about to write that Jaba has to stay etc, but you know what guys? If Savvidis is pouring money the way he is doing the last couple years, I have no doubts that everything will be for the best. Hell, we sold Prijovic and in fact everyone is so happier now. We play better football, Akpom is a beast and we got 10 million dollars for the first time in our history!!!

True. As long as we go from strength to strength, there are worse things than feeding teams like Porto. But, Oliveira is 7mm EUR on transfermarkt (which is usually at least in the ballpark as far as market values are concerned)...for us to give them Jaba + money + a resale clause on Oliveira is vastly, vastly overvaluing Oliveira IMO. But as we've said before - stylish wingers are very easy to find.

Oliveira has played like 90 minutes of football for us.  Let’s wait a bit before we start wetting our pants.  He seems good, but 12 million good ?  Even 6 million is a lot for us.  For 6 million I’d expect a player who is twice as good as every midfielder we currently have.

As for Jaba, I know he’s only gotten regular football in the last month or so but I can see him being sold for more than Prijo.

• Like it 1

For less than 12 mil we can find a mid that is as good if not better than Oliveira. Oliveira played two games for as so far. It will take more time to have a clear picture.

As for Jaba, if we play in CL and he is good, then some team will offer something close to the 20 mil buyout clause. Jaba should stay on the team for at least one more season. Same goes for Akpom.

15 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

As for Jaba, if we play in CL and he is good, then some team will offer something close to the 20 mil buyout clause. Jaba should stay on the team for at least one more season. Same goes for Akpom.

Exactly. They will stay for one more season but we need to make CL Group Stage in September.

• 2 weeks later...

Pelkas is out for a month and Misic will likely miss Panathinaikos. We're dropping like flies, man!

-edit- though other sites are saying Misic is fine. Guess we'll see!

Edited by pash

PAOK have been supporting the Down Syndrome Association of Greece for a while now and I was of the belief that the 3rd strip was to do with this link. The profits go to the DSAG and turquoise is the colour that the Down syndrome association use. 

I'm sure i read that a couple of years ago but if I am talking rubbish then someone please correct me.

• Like it 2

Worst fears confirmed Mauricio has done his ACL and possibly damaged his meniscus. An ACL can take up to a year to properly heal. No course of action has been decided as of yet, but it's surely surgery. Unless I've missed understood, my Greek is good but I'm not the sharpest on medical diagnosis 

https://www.paokfc.gr/nea/20190311-iatriko-deltio-gia-mauricio/

Sucks. If there was any question before if the value of buying Oliveira or equivalent, this should put it to rest. Saw on one of the paok Instagram accounts (not run by the club) that it was a six month estimate. Either way, he's missing CL qualifiers.