Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News (2018-2019)

It would be stupid to let him go. I think we will see a better Khacheridi next season after he get s used to the team. Basically the same situation with Varela, where everyone was asking for his head in his first season with he team.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Η σεζόν είναι μεγάλη. Ο Χατσερίδης θα χρειαστεί. Τον σταυρό μας κάνουμε μην τραυματιστεί κάποιος από τους Βαρέλα-Κρέσπο, αλλά δεν γίνεται να βγάλουν 50 παιχνίδια. Και τον Ιανουάριο όπως ξέρουμε δύσκολο να βρεις σοβαρό παίκτη, οπότε πρέπει να τον κρατήσουμε.

Στη συνέντευξη λέει ότι ο Γιωργάκης του έβαλε χέρι για το σκηνικό με τις καλαμίδες κόντρα στην Σπάρτακ.

The issue with Xatseridi is that he came to the club with much fanfare and hype and a massive wage to boot.  So I’m expecting a CB who is one, maybe two classes above Varela and Crespo.  Varela and Crespo are both very good CB’s for the GSL but there have been times where they are exposed in Europe.  Enter Xatseridi the answer to this problem.  I’m expecting a Prijovic quality CB.  Instead we got patates.  So yeah I’m hugely disappointed with this signing.  A complete waste of money and time.  He’s barely GSL quality and he’s not as good as Varela and Crespo.  To make it worse I don’t believe Lucescu trusts him as a a player.  We’ll see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently, I got pissed with some jerks ARD who were criticizing Pontus and as a reaction I was posting here that I consider him a new Pablo Garcia. He came late August, not in good shape, without any games for a long time, etc. Garcia of course had much more technique and that we could tell even when he was out of shape.

There were even comments for a Swedish Balafa. I guess as some described Prijovic as the Serbian Labriako. Anyway. I wanted to point out the importance of having such players with a huuuge career under their belt. Besides what Pontus is going to give in the field, which I think will be quite a lot, he will give many more in the training. He will be an idol for the youngsters. Of course, in the team there are not youngsters, but I really hope that next year there will be a few coming to the first team. Going for the summer προετοιμασία and being part of the squad. Those players will be benefited enormously by players as Pontus.

To my opinion, Malezas reached his potential because of Contreras. Stafylidis improved a lot because of Lino. Klaus improved because of Muslimovic. It is sooo important to have someone with a resume like that everyday, sweating next to you, eating with you. It is a lesson that cannot be taught by coaches, or Savvidis' money, or fans craziness. To the same extend, I think Klaus started declining because of Salpiggidis. He gradually lost his lethal touch in the box (as Salpi did), he gradually couldn't dribble even a tree (like Salpi as well). To go even further, I think Koulouris remained at the same level because of Klaus. Domino effect. Salpi influenced Klaus and Klaus influenced Koulouris. He wasn't the right person to motivate him by his presence. To my eyes Koulouris' playing was coming closer to Klaus. When Prijovic came, I think Koulouris got plenty of his qualities. And to me, that is why this year is doing well in Atromitos. It's not that he just needed games. If he would be loaned out last year (when Prijovic was only six months in the team) I bet Koulouris wouldn't be as efficient as this year after having a year and a half interaction with an excellent forward.

I really hope Pablo Garcia is preparing a few players for the big squad and after this Spring we will see them getting trained with the big squad. That way they can improve and reach their potential. To me this is the most important. Yes, games are important, but a youngster only gets 10-15 games a season. And it's OK. Equally important is those guys he is training with every single day. Players as Prijovic, Pontus, Matos, etc will be the best school for our youngsters. Imagine being an 18-year old talent and observe Pontus or Matos who will soon be 33 working like there is no tomorrow in the training. This to me can be the biggest incentive. 

• 3 weeks later...

It has not been voted on yet, but it's headed that way. Reason being that there will only be 14 teams in SL next season. If those idiots decide to bring back the play-offs it better include the title position as well.

If those idiots decide to bring back the play-offs then I am not watching the Greek league ever again. What a bunch of retards, can they not see that the league is much better without them? What absolute d*ckhead thought about introducing play offs in the first place?

If they do reintroduce them then I really hope we win the league this season so that I can finally see my team lift the trophy (under normal league circumstances), with the potential of watching them play in the CL before quietly leaving the scene that is called Greek football.

Us neo-Greeks really are f*ck-ups. Now that I think about it, we actually cannot do anything right.

F*CK OFF PLAY OFFS.

Εννοείται πως βλέπω τα ευρωπαϊκά παιχνίδια όμως.

Edited by Athens4

• 3 weeks later...

Vieirinha is out for 3 weeks, Pelkas is out for 10 days. Hopefully they won't rush Andre back again; Tosca is more than capable of a replacement there. Biseswar should go back to getting a run in, thankfully.

6 hours ago, pash said:

Vieirinha is out for 3 weeks, Pelkas is out for 10 days. Hopefully they won't rush Andre back again; Tosca is more than capable of a replacement there. Biseswar should go back to getting a run in, thankfully.

Could always use Kitsiou on the right and Matos on the left.  I know when Matos was in Ukraine he was played there and given the teams we're playing against you don't have to worry that much about defending, which isn't Matos's strong suit anyway.

• 1 month later...

Next 35 days will be hectic for PAOK playing games every 3 or 4 days. During this time it will pretty much be decided if we will lift the championship trophy and if we will retain the Greek Cup title.

Here is the upcoming schedule:

Jan 27: PAOK - OFI
Jan 30: PAOK PAS Giannina
Feb 03: AEK - PAOK
Feb 06: Panionios - PAOK (cup)
Feb 10: PAOK - Olympiakos
Feb 17: Apollon - PAOK
Feb 24: PAOK - Aris
Feb 27: PAOK - Panionios (cup)
Mar 03: Panathinaikos - PAOK

PAOK is a better team since Prijo's departure.  Akpom, so far, looks like the real deal.  He's a better all around player by far.  He plays for the team, which shows with his assists and goals.  It's nice to not have an entire team working to feed one player....which explains why we have so many more goals, and from different players.

Vieirinha will def have to sit out one of our upcoming matches, and for me it has to be against Giannina. If he doesn't, and pulls a card, then he's missing both the derbies right? Real easy choice IMO.

I firmly believe Pelkas will play in the derbies; he's way too dangerous to sit out. All he needs to is get that confidence back. He looked excellent after coming on yesterday (which is all the more reason to play him in the easy matches too). No issue of freshness with him.

It's great that we have so many players that are looking good. So much depth in this team. Limnios could just as easily start vs AEK and I don't think we'd look worse.

Vieirinha has 4 yellows which means he sits out 1 game from the next upcoming games. Could be against Giannina and Apollon. I would sit him out against Giannina so he's fresh for AEK. He needs to play in the two derbies.